NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-19-2010, 10:44 AM

Default Legendary Auctions

Well its been over a month and I have STILL not received payment for the items I consigned and were sold in the November auction. Not sure if its a cash flow situation or what. I can say that anytime I've given items to Robert Edwards auction I've been paid in a week. I'm getting really pissed at this point. The holiday will be here next week. I gave these guys another chance after my last bad situation with them. This is now the second strike.
Its very rare that I post anything here and I I'm not know to cry fire.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I believe their contract allows up to 45 days to pay and they always (at least when they were mastro) took every day of it.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 12-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default a positive post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.ginter View Post
Well its been over a month and I have STILL not received payment for the items I consigned and were sold in the November auction. Not sure if its a cash flow situation or what. I can say that anytime I've given items to Robert Edwards auction I've been paid in a week. I'm getting really pissed at this point. The holiday will be here next week. I gave these guys another chance after my last bad situation with them. This is now the second strike.
Its very rare that I post anything here and I I'm not know to cry fire.
Maybe you should spend less time bitching and more time reading your contract?

btw, it's number 8 on their contract....and I might also mention I have known the original poster, for approx. 8-10 years.

edited name out due to concern of poorly written rules...

Last edited by Leon; 12-21-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Eric Bea.chley

Didn't the problems start last time when they paid consignors before payments were received? Lesson learned.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Doug Allen

Default Auction payment

For the record mr Ginter never contacted us to inquire as to payment. At this point all consignors for which 100% of their consignments have been paid have been fully paid. Starting tomorrow the 30 day mark for consignors where full payment is not received we make partial payments until paid in full. Mr ginter can contact me at dallen@legendary auctions.com or if someone let's me know who he is I can provide an update on payment status. A ton of payments went out thursday and Friday so it may well be in route. For the record this is a low class move to post this on a public forum when no contact has been made.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:39 AM
Doug Allen

Default One more thing

"well over a month"?

Friday was the one month mark.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:45 AM
MikeHealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallen View Post
or if someone let's me know who he is I can provide an update on payment status. For the record this is a low class move to post this on a public forum when no contact has been made.
I am pretty sure you can send him a personal message through this forum. It is actually pretty easy.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:06 PM
Doug Allen

Payment in full sent December 14th
Old 12-20-2010, 05:32 PM

Default Check arrived

The check arrived today. Thank you Doug. This will be my final post on this
Napoleonic site.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default I hate it too

Quote:
Napoleonic site.
Damn having-to-put-your name-by-what-you-say rules!!

**Note to those few individuals staying around. Don't say anything on this board that you don't want to put your name behind.

Last edited by Leon; 12-20-2010 at 06:08 PM. Reason: weird italics
Old 12-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Napoleonic site.
Bye! Thanks for the years of insight into the hobby you've provided us.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:26 PM
Anthøny N. ex

Default Since Mr. Wonka Ticket seems to be missing.....

Old 12-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Dave Fa*st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffins View Post

Wow. I was sort of in the mood to get crazy with the wife tonight...but I think now I'll just stay down stairs and watch football.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:33 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffins View Post
Is that a Net54 pin on his jacket?
Old 12-20-2010, 07:04 PM
Dave Terwi.lliger

thanks for the laugh Nex...priceless!

Merry X-mas.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:21 PM
Anthøny N. ex

Back at you Dave, would love to catch up sometime. It's been too long my friend.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Ross B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
t....and I might also mention I have known the original poster, Scott Hassel, for approx. 8-10 years.
I have no problem submitting my name for registration purposes, but I hope it won't be posted on this board without my permission...regardless of what I say. It seems to me that the poster was in the wrong originally, but why was his full name mentioned? Without looking up his registration information, how could one know who this guy was? He has only posted four times, has never identified himself or even shown cards that could identify him. I hope I won't be outed to the world if I have a bad day and say a couple things that upset people. I mean, I really don't have a problem putting my real name out there, but I didn't think that was a requirement for posting here. In fact, the Net54 "rules" prohibit posting "Personal information about people including but not limited to: Phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, etc, unless given permission." Am I missing something? Please don't PM me either, if you have something to say then say it here publicly. Thanks.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Tim

Default Per forum rules...

"You may remain anonymous as long your post is not controversial or confrontational. Email addresses and full names are required in these cases."
Old 12-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLeaguer View Post
I have no problem submitting my name for registration purposes, but I hope it won't be posted on this board without my permission...regardless of what I say. Thanks.
Well, unfortunately you might have come to the wrong chat board then. As Tim just pointed out, if you say something controversial, accusatory, confrontational etc.....You will be expected to put your name in the public. Now, if you just want to talk cards, then no, your name won't be made public. For the record the rules will be redone soon to be more explicit. Rest assured, nothing will change otherwise. So, if you don't want your name out here...just stick to cards and such or don't post those types of things that will mandate your name being known. Now, you might say, well, why is that? It is because we have been over this about a thousand times in the last 10 yrs (or at least it seems so) and have always come to the same conclusion. Hypothetically, if your name didn't have to be known then what is to say this couldn't be a person working for a competitor of Legendary's saying those things? Knowing that your name will be associated with what you say helps keep the board "real" so to speak. Through many years of being on the board, then moderating, I can safely say there is absolutely 0 doubt in my mind that this is the manner these things should be handled. As such, this board isn't the place to go after someone and stay anonymous. Also, conversely, anyone would want to know who is saying something about them. I know I would. Same rules for everyone. best regards

edited to add....btw, Anthony, love it!!! Thanks for giving me all of that hair too

Last edited by Leon; 12-20-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Ross B.

Fair enough. Here is the full text from the rules though:

"You may remain anonymous as long your post is not controversial or confrontational. Email addresses and full names are required in these cases. Anonymous posts that are controversial or confrontational will probably be deleted."

The way I read it is that the original poster is responsible for posting a name and email address in the case of controversial or confrontational emails. If the original poster fails to identify himself in such a case, a moderator will (probably) delete the post. Clearly that is not what happened. Instead of immediately deleting the post, discussion was allowed to continue, the original poster was outed by Leon, and then people piled on by chiding the OP about his hobby contributions and Napoleon reference. If it was just deleted right off the bat (no pun intended) I would have no problem at all. I'm really not trying to be annoying, it's just that I'm new here and this really kinda bugged me a bit. No offense Leon, from what I've seen so far I think you run a great site.

edit: Leon, we posted at the same time and I just wanted to add that I understand moderating a forum like this one is a daunting task and it's impossible to make everyone happy all the time. Best wishes.

Last edited by TexasLeaguer; 12-20-2010 at 08:39 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:57 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Texas Leaguer

Hi Texas Leaguer
As I said, I am going to redo the rules to be more explicit very soon. Nothing will change except it will be more clear what is going to happen when anyone accuses anyone, or company, of something and/or gets confrontational or just wants to be a jerk. I do understand the rules are not clear enough at this moment. They haven't been redone for years and especially since our new board s/w was implemented. I will spare the original poster the embarrassment of saying all of the things that I was told in emails, about breaking laws, being sued, breaking board rules etc...etc.... suffice it to say that so far most members seem to be OK with not allowing privacy in those cases. And you are absolutely correct in that *I, and the other moderators, will never please everyone. That would be impossible. best regards
Old 12-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Craig

Maybe he can put his head together with the Bruces and file a class action
Old 12-21-2010, 06:03 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Bye! Thanks for the years of insight into the hobby you've provided us.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 12-21-2010, 08:52 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default conceded

I took out the original poster's name, from my previous post, as the rules are not written well enough at the moment. There is precedence for what I did but our rules have to be rewritten. I still don't think what I did was wrong, vis a vis the way the board has always been run (for at least the last 5 years). Again, there won't be a change to the rules but they will be rewritten over the holidays......so no one can say they didn't know what was going to happen. The original poster is usually a pretty good guy but just made a mistake, albeit a very public one.

For the record, this is a private board, not affiliated with any other website or software. So if someone doesn't like something they can argue till the cows come home, but other than illegal activity being able to be prosecuted (for anyone on the board), there isn't much use looking for someone to tell that we aren't playing by the rules.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:38 AM
Barry Sloate

I've always had an opinion on this issue and I feel putting your full name out there ensures accountability. If someone could post anonymously then he could say any crazy thing he wanted to, such as accusing a dealer he had a minor difference with of being serial killer or child molester. When you're anonymous you can say any bloody thing you want. But if your name is out there you will make an effort to post intelligently (ideally). I hate the anonymous posting but understand people like their privacy. So in return for that privacy, you agree not to behave like an ass. Seems like a fair trade off.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:15 AM

Barry, the lack of accountability on the internet has always been a source of frustration for me. Newspapers always required letters to the editor to include a full name and a phone number and address (only the name and hometown would actually be printed). Now those same newspapers let anyone write almost anything anonymously on their blogs. Scathing attacks are commonplace in my newspaper's blogs, because without having to include their name, people feel emboldened to say horrible things.

Greg
Old 12-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Barry Sloate

Greg- I know. The internet has certainly changed the playing field. I've read a few articles recently that have discussed this phenomenon. People say all sorts of outrageous things on the internet that they would never dare say face to face.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:47 AM
David McDonald

"I mail, I text, I tweet, I blog,
I build a Facebook for my dog,
I speak no words, I shake no hands,
I am at last a modern man."

The people that raised me were themselves one quick step removed from the 19th century. And here I am now, Tom Sawyer in 2010, assailed by broadband demagogues of ignorance and hatred, gutter anonymity in the blogosphere, red light runners - and I'm supposed to just go along with the flow? It is difficult not to feel marginalized in this meshugenah Brave New World. I can't wait 'til I'm senile.

My name is David McDonald and I approve this message.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Rich Klein

Default Back in the day

When I started working for Beckett in the early 1990's and the closest aspect to the Internets was the Sports Net (IIRC) discussion board; you would be amazed at all the things spoken about Dr Beckett

Barry -- the biggest difference is even then, there was still a code attached so you did know who was posting based on their SN ID; now -- with code names, you don't always know who is posting.

It's always been a board rule to make sure your name is mentioned in a controversial post and it appears to me that poor Mr Ginter did not appreciate being called out ---

Trust me, by how this is moderated; the board is much better off than if it were the Wild Wild West

Regards
Rich
Old 12-27-2010, 08:01 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
When you're anonymous you can say any bloody thing you want. But if your name is out there you will make an effort to post intelligently (ideally).
The key word here being the parenthetical "ideally."

Very truly yours,
Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern-schplenden-schlitter-crasscrenbon-fried-digger-dingle-dangle-dongle-dungle-burstein-von-knacker-thrasher-apple-banger-horowitz-ticolensic-grander-knotty-spelltinkle-grandlich-grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-nürnburger-bratwustle-gerspurten-mitz-weimache-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shönedanker-kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:41 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Question

Johann

Are you related to Rudolph Gambolputty de von Ausfern-schplenden-schlitter-crasscrenbon-fried-digger-dingle-dangle-dongle-dungle-burstein-von-knacker-thrasher-apple-banger-horowitz-ticolensic-grander-knotty-spelltinkle-grandlich-grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-nürnburger-bratwustle-gerspurten-mitz-weimache-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shönedanker-kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm who lives in Wisconsin?

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.