NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-31-2002, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Default e97s on E-bay

Posted By: Brueso

A beautiful bunch- auctions end today.

Old 07-31-2002, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Default e97s on E-bay

Posted By: TBob

the seller of two of the E97s on ebay (I believe there are two different sellers with E97s) emailed me to say he couldn't understand why the price was so high, that in his experience E97s were as plentiful or more plentiful than E93s, E94s, E95s, E96s and E98s. I just shake my head. Does anyone else agree with this? I have had a horrible time the last 4 or 5 years finding E97s in any condition for my set. Unfortunately the ones on ebay now are all ones I have. If anyone out there with decent E97s thinks they are just as common as the other caramel cards and prices should be the same, please feel free to email me immediately and I'll be glad to buy what you have.

Old 07-31-2002, 06:06 PM
Administrator

Default e97s on E-bay

Posted By: jay behrens

the only e97 I have been able to afford was one that was in a group of cards I bought and was listed incorrectly of I doubt I would have gotten the lot of 6 caramel cards for only $80

Jay

Old 07-31-2002, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Default e97s on E-bay

I am very, very tempted to sell off mine and use the money to finish off my E98 set and buy some more different color background E94s. The E97s are just too, too tough, in my opinion, to complete a set. Besides I am working on the monster of all time, the T207 set! No sense having two extremely frustrating sets going at the same time...

Old 08-01-2002, 12:06 AM
Administrator

Default e97s on E-bay

I have a complete E94 set and am working on a master set of all the cards in all colors (assuming all cards were issued in all colors, not actually ever proven as I have never seen a Cobb in anything but red, blue and olive). Over 1/2 of the E94 subjects have been fairly easy. In contrast there are many E97 cards which have not been listed on ebay at all in the last 4 years to my knowledge and several others which have been listed only once or maybe twice during that time. The Mullin, Birmingham, Camnitz, Devore and Dygert appear occasionally but when is the last time you saw a Sullivan Boston? Sullivan Chicago? Young Cleveland? Young Boston? How about a Nicholls Philadelphia? Steinfeldt name correct? Steinfeldt name incorrect? Carrigan? Durham? Pretty frigging rare...

Old 08-01-2002, 06:48 AM
Administrator

Default e97s on E-bay

Posted By: scott

Congrats on the set. I have no idea what may have been on ebay over the last couple of years. You bring up some good examples - the one I've seen a couple of times is the Young. My comments were based on a couple of E97 sets that I recall being sold about 8-9 years ago - seemed like there were E97 sets to be had the last couple of years I collected, whereas other than about 10 "common" E94's, the HOF's seemed to be very tough. I'll have to see how many E97's I have next time I dig out the cards.

Regards

Old 08-01-2002, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Default e97s on E-bay

Posted By: petecld

Tbob,

I have an E94 Cobb with a gold background.

I assume all the players are available with all the color backgrounds but some players do seem more common with certain color backgrounds.

Old 08-01-2002, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Default e97s on E-bay

Posted By: scott

I would agree with the seller that E97's are = as tough as E94's. Would have to think about the 98's.