NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-18-2019, 05:00 PM
Mike F - 34

Default Rich Altman - Boston Show April 2019

I was thinking of going to this show and wanted to ask if any of you have been in past years.

I heard that there were plenty of vintage early 70's late 60's cards both raw and graded.

Love to hear from those that might have attended in the past, and their thoughts on the selection of vintage that is there.

Thanks !

Mike
Old 04-19-2019, 12:54 AM
Glyn Parson

Default Good show

Nice selection of vintage. I have gone up from pa so it was worth it. If close I would never miss it.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:38 AM
H Murphy

The Shriner`s host 2 shows a year, April and Nov. Many fellow board members and some dealers attend. Seems to be the best offering of vintage material, cards and memorabilia, in N E for the year. I always go as most people are friendly and it gives me a great chance to see items in person as opposed to my screen. Worth the ride I M O sir.
Old 04-19-2019, 05:04 AM
Scott S

The November show will be your better option of the two in terms of vintage, but the April one I think has gotten better the past couple of years. The first few times they had it, there were enough non-sports booths (like window dealers and home repair tables) to make it look more like a home show than a card show, but I don’t remember that from last year.
Old 04-19-2019, 05:17 AM

Default Altman Show

One of the stronger vintage shows you will find. If you cannot fly to Texas for Leon’s Show, easily worth the trip.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:41 AM
Ryan
Ryan McCla.nahan

Hey Mike, Altman's Show isnt that bad. Lot's of vintage dealers. I prefer the Shriner's Show in late October-early November but that's just personal preference. It's gotten a lot better over the last few years, and you'll find lots of 60's stuff there. You should have a fun time at this one though. I'll be making a guest appearance as well.
Old 04-19-2019, 11:16 AM
Mike F - 34

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I do appreciate it.

It's about a 3 hour drive from where I live in CT to get to the show, so your comments really help.

Would love to come to the Texas show, but can't swing the time with work.. I'll be driving to Boston and back home on Saturday.

I also heard from many that the 'fall show' there is the better of the two, just as you indicated. I'm going to take a shot and go to both.... hoping to finish my 72 and 73 Topps BB sets .. need less than 100 cards for both.. as well as work on 68, 69, 70......

Thanks again for the comments !
Old 04-19-2019, 12:54 PM
Mike F - 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
Nice selection of vintage. I have gone up from pa so it was worth it. If close I would never miss it.
Thanks for the info, I am in CT about 3 hour drive.. I plan on going.

I have been to the Philly show a few times, last time was last Nov/Dec... .how does it compare to the Philly Show, which I thought was very good
Old 04-19-2019, 12:55 PM
Mike F - 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat61 View Post
Hey Mike, Altman's Show isnt that bad. Lot's of vintage dealers. I prefer the Shriner's Show in late October-early November but that's just personal preference. It's gotten a lot better over the last few years, and you'll find lots of 60's stuff there. You should have a fun time at this one though. I'll be making a guest appearance as well.
Everyone here in CT that has gone has told me the same.. the show in the fall is much better. Thanks
Old 04-19-2019, 12:56 PM
Mike F - 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUM301 View Post
The Shriner`s host 2 shows a year, April and Nov. Many fellow board members and some dealers attend. Seems to be the best offering of vintage material, cards and memorabilia, in N E for the year. I always go as most people are friendly and it gives me a great chance to see items in person as opposed to my screen. Worth the ride I M O sir.
Thanks, I'll be taking that 3 hour ride on Saturday.. enjoy the show!
Old 04-19-2019, 04:01 PM
Adam Yastrzemski

The northeast shows are all pretty good and all a lot of the same dealers. You can go to white plains, philly, Or Boston and it’s a lot of the same core group. From show to show there may be some different regional sellers. Lots of vintage at all of them. Enjoy.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF34 View Post
Thanks for the feedback everyone, I do appreciate it.

It's about a 3 hour drive from where I live in CT to get to the show, so your comments really help.

Would love to come to the Texas show, but can't swing the time with work.. I'll be driving to Boston and back home on Saturday.

I also heard from many that the 'fall show' there is the better of the two, just as you indicated. I'm going to take a shot and go to both.... hoping to finish my 72 and 73 Topps BB sets .. need less than 100 cards for both.. as well as work on 68, 69, 70......

Thanks again for the comments !

Def worth the trip. There are local dealers there that only do this show. Also Boston folks are some of the finest people around.

Check out Tremonti restaurant in Woburn if you want a good meal.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:58 PM
Banned

will you be going to the saco river auction on monday. don says he is going.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:11 PM

Default Ronnie,

Thanks for checking in Ronnie. Not sure if I will be going yet but will be bidding

Don and I are exciting people but you must have something better to do? If not, I still consider it time well spent.

Be well.

Last edited by bigfish; 04-20-2019 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:49 PM
Mike F - 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
Def worth the trip. There are local dealers there that only do this show. Also Boston folks are some of the finest people around.

Check out Tremonti restaurant in Woburn if you want a good meal.
Thanks for that info.. I have gone to the last 8 White Plains shows as well as the Philly show.. i think they are both good... Went to the Rhode Island Show on Super Bowl weekend, while smaller .. I thought it was a great show...

I really like to find the local dealers that you haven't seen at the other shows.. allows you to see different inventory....

And thanks for the restaurant recommendation, will try to get there and try it.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:29 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 View Post
will you be going to the saco river auction on monday. don says he is going.
Infraction given for trolling other members.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:45 AM
Mike F - 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Infraction given for trolling other members.
What does that mean Leon, I didn't troll anyone... they did that on my post ?
Old 04-20-2019, 12:12 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF34 View Post
What does that mean Leon, I didn't troll anyone... they did that on my post ?
No, I didn't respond (quote) you either. I was quoting the person doing the trolling. He has been warned before privately and publicly. I am pretty sure more than once or twice.
One form of trolling is following someone around here (or anywhere on the net for that matter) and making snide remarks and comments or harassing them. And they generally do it frequently, making them a troll in my book. Some people have a pattern of doing it and some aren't members any longer. And to them I say good riddance.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:03 PM
Mike F - 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
No, I didn't respond (quote) you either. I was quoting the person doing the trolling. He has been warned before privately and publicly. I am pretty sure more than once or twice.
One form of trolling is following someone around here (or anywhere on the net for that matter) and making snide remarks and comments or harassing them. And they generally do it frequently, making them a troll in my book. Some people have a pattern of doing it and some aren't members any longer. And to them I say good riddance.
Gotcha Leon, and I like the rule
Old 04-20-2019, 11:19 PM
thomas c killeen

Default Boston Show

Hi guys, Usually I have table 1 at this show. Mainly buy sell 1952 Topps. If you come to the show please come by. I have great local knowledge of Greater Boston.
tom killeen
Old 04-21-2019, 09:41 AM
Mike F - 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombocombo View Post
Hi guys, Usually I have table 1 at this show. Mainly buy sell 1952 Topps. If you come to the show please come by. I have great local knowledge of Greater Boston.
tom killeen
Thanks Tom !
Old 04-22-2019, 10:40 AM
Ryan
Ryan McCla.nahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombocombo View Post
tom killeen
I highly recommend stopping by and doing some business with Tom if you can -a good, fair and knowledgeable dealer.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:39 PM
Mike F - 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat61 View Post
I highly recommend stopping by and doing some business with Tom if you can -a good, fair and knowledgeable dealer.
Thanks, will stop by his tables and say hello !!
Old 04-27-2019, 05:31 AM
Alan Elefson

Default Great First Day

Hi-

The show is excellent so far! While there are a ton of excellent cards, I was surprised about how much early memorabilia I was able to buy. I went yesterday and bought a Reach 5 finger crescent pad glove (youth size but the price was really good). I also bought a Reach 1905 patent mushroom knob bat in really nice condition and my favorite find is a slip of paper referencing the sale of rules for the Massachusetts base ball players association in 1858. I will post pictures later today. It was also good to see fellow Net54 members such as BigFish, Don, and Steve.

For other Net54 members, I will be there today and at noon, near the snack bar, I would love to have a meet up of other members. I am short, fat, and have an unruly moustache/goatee an my arms should be filled with memorabilia so I should not be hard to miss.

Alan