NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-17-2019, 08:47 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
Any of you setting up at the show going to be selling any PSA graded 80s rookies?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
There should be plenty of graded 80s rookies. There are lots of vintage (and newer) dealers coming to the show. We are looking forward to it. Tables are sold out. Hopefully a lot of Net54'ers will be there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sgc.jpg (52.7 KB, 723 views)
File Type: jpg beckett.jpg (63.2 KB, 737 views)
Old 04-17-2019, 08:56 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

I am very ready for next Friday and will be looking for everything from T206 to possibly 80s!!
Old 04-20-2019, 08:42 AM
Bob McLean

Looking forward to meeting some new customers and possibly some old ones.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:49 AM
Bob Andrews

I'm still on target to drive up on Saturday. Looking forward to meeting some N54 folks.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:12 PM

I'll be there on Saturday. Looking forward to it. Hoping to get some things dropped off with SGC, but I'm a bit apprehensive about it as I've never really turned my stuff over to a grading company.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
http://s241.photobucket.com/home/woundedduck/allalbums
Old 04-24-2019, 07:30 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

One last bump to the top before the big show. Kyle and I decided to open up the cash bar at the facility for some cocktails and brews at 7pm Friday until we are ready to leave.
.......With the show closing at 8pm we figure we can clear out folks and go up and have a few cold ones with our friends. Hope to see all who can make it.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:35 AM
octavio ranzola

nice to see shows like these ,,we need more ,,too bad im in new york ,,good luck to all.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:37 AM
Joe Drelich

Default Best of luck for big crowds and a great show this weekend !

I Just wanted to offer up my well wishes for a great show this weekend to Leon, Kyle and all involved. Let us never forget shows have been the backbone of the hobby since it began. It's the gathering of dealers,friends & collector's that many of still really enjoy today !

Best-

Joe Drelich

www.phillyshow.com

www.csashows.com

www.ecsmsports.com
Old 04-24-2019, 01:07 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

I plan on driving in on Friday, and I can't wait!
Old 04-26-2019, 04:28 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

I am here at the show, and the turnout is pretty decent considering it just got going a couple of hours ago. I drove a little over four hours to get here, and I am glad I did!There is a good balance of new stuff, 50s cards, and a decent sampling of tobacco/caramel cards. There's also some nice photographs and autographs if you like that, too. Thanks to Leon for getting this all put together. I hope it becomes an annual event! Here are some pics of my purchases (sorry for the bad cellphone photo quality...the glare is harsh) and some pics of the show.

Old 04-26-2019, 08:39 PM
Jerry Tate

Default Fun

Nice purchases Robert!!...have fun...Jerry
Old 04-27-2019, 08:47 PM

I had a great time at this show. I was overwhelmed by the selection of 50/60's cards that so many dealers had. Dallas deserves a show like this more often.
Old 04-27-2019, 08:50 PM
pete ullman

Solid pickups!!! Were prices reasonable?
Old 04-27-2019, 10:18 PM

Nice haul Robert - two Cobbs and a Lajoie is a nice day’s work.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:09 PM
Bob Andrews

I enjoyed the show quite a bit. This was the first out-of-town show (I'm in Houston) I've traveled to since the Arlington Nationals many years ago. I'm not sure driving round trip from Houston in one day was a smart idea but in the end, it was worthwhile. Most of my pictures are similar to the ones already posted but I will add a couple. I'm sure the display of 1915 CJ has been seen at various shows before (the National?) but it was new to me and I thought it was fantastic to see them all in a group like that. Of course, I had to find my own personal 'white whale', the Bender card. One of these days I'll land one.

I thought there was a nice mix of dealers. Some make the Houston show stops but many others were dealers I had not previously met and I enjoyed chatting with several. I met Leon and spoke briefly with Eddie Robinson and Abner Haynes. Looking forward to reading my copy of Robinson's book, which I had him sign.

I made a nice dent in my 1971 want list as well as finding some 1960 Leaf which is my ugly duckling build for 2019. And I won a door prize! I'm now the owner of a Panini Instant card of Mavericks' rookie Luka Doncic. I'm not familiar with him as I don't follow the NBA very closely but it was nice to win something.

Thanks to Leon and his partner and crew. I hope to get up that way again the next time there is a show.

IMG_4014.jpg

IMG_4016.jpg
Old 04-28-2019, 06:37 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
Solid pickups!!! Were prices reasonable?
Regarding prices, I was glad to see most dealers had prices on most items. Of course there were some who didn't have anything marked and when I asked and was told the asking price, I nearly laughed. I will say though I did feel like most of the cards I was looking at were reasonably priced. While I was making my purchases, I couldn't help but overhear others making their deals, too. More than once, I heard something like, "That's fair." I really hope this show grows and becomes an annual event. I was impressed.

Old 04-28-2019, 06:41 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Nice haul Robert - two Cobbs and a Lajoie is a nice day’s work.
Thank you! I was very, very happy to land those cards. Those are actually my first cards of both players as I am transitioning to collecting prewar HOFers and stars. There was a decent representation of tobacco/caramel present. However, there was a ton of 1950s Topps there! The sheer quantity was simply unreal.

Old 04-28-2019, 06:42 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrinus View Post
Nice purchases Robert!!...have fun...Jerry
Thank you, Jerry!

Old 04-28-2019, 04:24 PM
Mark Medlin

We made it to the show today at opening and stayed for a couple of hours. Only pickups were a bunch of Bowman football and a few 72 Topps football highs from Dave Schrader and wife of Baggers. Was nice to put a face with the name. Hope the show was successful enough for all involved to keep it going and build it up. Thanks for your efforts Leon, Kyle and Nate!
Old 04-28-2019, 05:44 PM
David H.

Very nice show! I too hope it continues. There was a great deal of pre-war which doesn’t occur at most small shows anymore. Picked up an Addie Joss and got some cards submitted to SGC! Smart idea on the arcade for kids too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lou Gehrig Items
Christy Mathewson Cards
Addie Joss Cards
E103 (30/30 100%)
T206 NY Highlanders (100%)
1956 Topps Yankees (100%)
T210 Series 3 Orange Borders (9/20 45%)
Old 04-28-2019, 05:58 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper1927 View Post
Very nice show! I too hope it continues. There was a great deal of pre-war which doesn’t occur at most small shows anymore. Picked up an Addie Joss and got some cards submitted to SGC! Smart idea on the arcade for kids too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait! There was an arcade? Like and old school arcade with games running on quarters and everything? Nice Joss T3 by the way!

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 04-28-2019, 06:39 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Actually, the arcade was free. Here were my pickups:

Stopped by SMP in Grapevine on Monday and bought 100 jersey and auto cards from their 2/$5 box.

Friday show pickups: 1952 Topps House (slightest bit of red on tongue) and Garagiola, 1960 Mays with extra brown bar variation, 1910 era postcard with ball glued to bat for prop, and oversized basketball jersey relic (freebie for entry).

Saturday pickups: Down to like 3 needed for 1959 Fleer Ted Williams set. One of these had a crease I didn't notice...d'oh. Two Scoops of historical aviators: Chuck Yeager and Jimmy Doolittle. Armour "Mantel" blue coin. Don Mattingly jersey piece for only $2. And bought the 1952 and 1953 Eddie Robinson cards from Scott Brockelman's table since the 98-year-old was there signing them. Great signature for a nonagenarian.

Eddie Robinson signing the cards.

Got to meet a bunch of boardmembers and companies I've bought from before on eBay: Leon, midmo, Rich Klein, Scott B, Rhys Yeakley, skeeve214, and many more.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.

Last edited by swarmee; 04-28-2019 at 08:28 PM.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:02 PM
Mike Dugan

Just got back from a great three day stay in Frisco! Easy walk over from the Embassy Suites next door. Great vintage selection, added around 20 T cards and a few E's plus some early football.

On Saturday drove the 1.2 miles to Jerry's new practice facility and enjoyed a bit of the Draft Party going on at the Blue Star camp.

Thanks Leon and Kyle, job well done. Great to see Mike, Rich, Leon, Roger, Rick and a number of old, old friends. Some I had done business with in the early 1980's.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:52 AM
Bob McLean

Enjoyed doing this show and met a lot of nice folks from Texas, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, and Tennessee and a couple of other states. Much more laid back crowd than northerners. The show was good enough that I would put it on my calendar if my knees hold up long enough.

It would be fun though, to take the boards off the ice and give each collector a pair of skates so they could skim the tables faster at the start!
Old 04-29-2019, 11:07 AM
Mike Dugan

Bob thanks for the visit and the Post Football cards!
Old 04-29-2019, 04:03 PM
Bob McLean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Springs Bathers View Post
Bob thanks for the visit and the Post Football cards!
Very nice to meet you Mike, appreciate your business too!
Old 04-29-2019, 05:00 PM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Springs Bathers View Post
Just got back from a great three day stay in Frisco! Easy walk over from the Embassy Suites next door. Great vintage selection, added around 20 T cards and a few E's plus some early football.

On Saturday drove the 1.2 miles to Jerry's new practice facility and enjoyed a bit of the Draft Party going on at the Blue Star camp.

Thanks Leon and Kyle, job well done. Great to see Mike, Rich, Leon, Roger, Rick and a number of old, old friends. Some I had done business with in the early 1980's.
Mike:

Who spent more, you or the missus?
Old 04-29-2019, 07:27 PM
Mike Dugan

Rich it wasn't even close, I lost by a wide margin. Note to Leon, no more shows next to huge malls.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:32 PM

I had a great time on Friday at the show. I'd hoped to get back on Saturday or Sunday, but wasn't able to. I talked to Kyle Robertson on the phone before arriving who was incredibly helpful (still need to get your local shop info as I didn't see you at the show). I dropped off a few things with SGC where service was exceptional. Dealers were incredibly friendly and I had a chance to talk to many. Prices were pretty reasonable for the most part. I almost purchased several cards from different dealers, but in the end I only came away with one card which was a pretty big one for my meager budget. I know most like the t206 portraits, but I've always wanted the glove shows version and was able to work it out with the nice guy near the front of the show who cut me a deal. I'm glad this one will be in my collection for the long haul.

Old 04-30-2019, 07:25 PM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woundedduck View Post
I had a great time on Friday at the show. I'd hoped to get back on Saturday or Sunday, but wasn't able to. I talked to Kyle Robertson on the phone before arriving who was incredibly helpful (still need to get your local shop info as I didn't see you at the show). I dropped off a few things with SGC where service was exceptional. Dealers were incredibly friendly and I had a chance to talk to many. Prices were pretty reasonable for the most part. I almost purchased several cards from different dealers, but in the end I only came away with one card which was a pretty big one for my meager budget. I know most like the t206 portraits, but I've always wanted the glove shows version and was able to work it out with the nice guy near the front of the show who cut me a deal. I'm glad this one will be in my collection for the long haul.

Let me know where you are coming from and I'll make syre you know how to get to Kyle's as well as some other nearby stores
Old 04-30-2019, 08:07 PM
Kenny Cole

Quote:

That would have been Roger Neufeldt because I sent that card down with him to sell. Glad it went to someone who appreciates it.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:20 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Cole View Post
That would have been Roger Neufeldt because I sent that card down with him to sell. Glad it went to someone who appreciates it.
Roger had a good day until he tried to pulli his 35ft van into the loading area that wasn't supposed to be driven into. He ran over one of our moving carts too. But all good in the end. I think he had a pretty good show. I got a few things from him myself. I will give a summation of my thoughts on the show later.

Last edited by Leon; 05-01-2019 at 07:21 AM.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Cole View Post
Super nice guy. He probably let me have this one for less than he should have. It was literally every dollar I brought to the show. It's already been categorized in my HoF/type spreadsheet and found its home in the safe.

Old 05-01-2019, 07:42 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Super nice guy. He probably let me have this one for less than he should have. It was literally every dollar I brought to the show. It's already been categorized in my HoF/type spreadsheet and found its home in the safe.

I had the exact same experience. Roger was awesome to meet and buy from.