NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-14-2019, 09:31 PM
Robert Kasenter

Default Safe Haven auctions starting tomorrow

Last year I noticed a post from Bill Latzko about fulfilling his lifetime dream of starting a shelter to prevent dogs in Georgia from being put down. Bill works countless hours to find permanent homes for these dogs.

Around the same time, I came to the determination that as much as I love collecting, I just had too much stuff (my wife helped me come to that determination). Since I am a collector rather than a dealer, I have just a basic ebay store that I use to sell off doubles when I upgrade cards. Consequently, I got the idea to auction off some of my excess stuff on net54 for the benefit of Bill’s project, Safe Haven Furever. I did not even know Bill when I began holding the auctions. However, thanks to the generosity of the members of net54 we have managed to save a few dogs.

A few weeks ago Bill contacted me for a favor. Since he is very busy with the Safe Haven, he asked if I would assist him in liquidating the remaining cards in his collection for the benefit of the shelter. I quickly agreed. Beginning tomorrow and continuing for the next couple months, I will post some of Bill’s cards to benefit the Safe Haven. There are no Mantle rookies or other big ticket items, but there are a few neat things and they will benefit a good cause.

Rob
Old 04-15-2019, 11:52 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

This is awesome of Bill to do. We can make sure he gets some exposure and bids for the doggies. It is a great cause.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robkas68 View Post
Last year I noticed a post from Bill Latzko about fulfilling his lifetime dream of starting a shelter to prevent dogs in Georgia from being put down. Bill works countless hours to find permanent homes for these dogs.

Around the same time, I came to the determination that as much as I love collecting, I just had too much stuff (my wife helped me come to that determination). Since I am a collector rather than a dealer, I have just a basic ebay store that I use to sell off doubles when I upgrade cards. Consequently, I got the idea to auction off some of my excess stuff on net54 for the benefit of Bill’s project, Safe Haven Furever. I did not even know Bill when I began holding the auctions. However, thanks to the generosity of the members of net54 we have managed to save a few dogs.

A few weeks ago Bill contacted me for a favor. Since he is very busy with the Safe Haven, he asked if I would assist him in liquidating the remaining cards in his collection for the benefit of the shelter. I quickly agreed. Beginning tomorrow and continuing for the next couple months, I will post some of Bill’s cards to benefit the Safe Haven. There are no Mantle rookies or other big ticket items, but there are a few neat things and they will benefit a good cause.

Rob
Old 04-15-2019, 12:01 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

That's awesome! Great cause!

For clarification, will the cards be listed here in the Live Auctions or in your eBay store? If eBay, can you provide a link to your items? Thanks!
Old 04-22-2019, 05:52 AM
Robert Kasenter

Default Bob Donaldson

Big thank you to Bob Donaldson. Bob has been a frequent winner of the Safe Haven auctions and often overpays for the cards he gets. I’m a lawyer so my chances to get into Heaven are iffy at best, but Bob is responsible for saving at least half a dozen of God’s creatures so he is in the express line.

Another auction coming.

Rob
Old 04-22-2019, 06:49 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default 60lbs pit bull....

Looking forward to the auction and saving more doggies.

I am treasurer for Safe Haven Furever but Bill does all of the work and saves the doggies. I couldn't be happier than having the forum help.

On a side note this sweetest, kindest, happiest, doggie was 1.5 hours from being (put down) killed, due to overcrowding at a the Garland Animal shelter here in Texas. I picked him up about 4 months ago and 2 weeks ago got him to Minnesota where they need more doggies (apparently). Now this is him in his new digs and one of his new owners...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg louie.jpg (69.3 KB, 153 views)
Old 04-22-2019, 07:35 AM
Rick
Mike Mc.Gr@il

Coming from a lifetime dog lover and a long time collector I have to say “Bravo to you guys for doing this”! I can’t tell you enough how much I love this!
Old 04-22-2019, 08:59 AM
octavio ranzola

terrific picture leon
Old 04-24-2019, 03:22 PM

Default thanks Bob and Leon

and great pic Leon--I have 2 special stories with pics coming that will make you cry good tears. Will be picking these since they are out of the ordinary compared to the frequent "normal" stories . Will get to you this weekend to post for everyone...Bill