NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-11-2014, 04:29 PM
Jesse

Default March Shriners Show in MA

I don't know if people know yet but there is a show in Wilmington,MA at the Shriners March 28,29,30. I know I will be going but just wanted to throw it out to anyone who hadn't heard yet and is in the area that may want to go. Anyway if your going let me know always like to meet fellow collectors.

Jesse
Old 02-12-2014, 06:15 AM
Don Hontz

Default Shriners Show Wilmington Mass 3/28-30/

Jesse---Yes the show is next month--Rich Altman runs the show---I set up at the show---a great vintage show---with many great dealers and auction houses----all your grading companies are there----also many net 54 members at the show---I am looking forward to the show. Don
Old 02-12-2014, 09:56 AM
PeterB

I go to the Shriners show in November every year, great show.

How does the March show compare to November?

Thanks
Old 02-12-2014, 10:27 AM
nels0n aud.et

I really enjoy each time i drove 10 hours to this show from canada !
Last years i was present at the april and the november show. 2 great experience in the US : the shriners show and eat a dinner at the Longhorn Steakhouse !!! I wish someone open a longhorn in canada !
I will probably not be present in march.

Last edited by g_vezina_c55; 02-12-2014 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:34 AM
Don Hontz

Default Shriners Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_vezina_c55 View Post
I really enjoy each time i drove 10 hours to this show from canada !
Last years i was present at the april and the november show. 2 great experience in the US : the shriners show and eat a dinner at the Longhorn Steakhouse !!! I wish someone open a longhorn in canada !
I will probably not be present in march.
We go to Kittys on friday night to eat--it is in Reading about a 10 minute drive---nobody can ever finish a meal there they give u enough on one platter to feed two real big guys---We have a Longhorn rest up here in Portland , also very good-----Don
Old 02-12-2014, 11:10 AM
Scott S

The Spring show isn't quite the quality in terms of number of dealers or vintage material as the November one has, but it is still a good show and worth attending if you're within driving distance. (Which in Nelson's case, means 10 hours away in Canada!)

Definitely worth checking out if you can, but don't expect quite the quality you get in November....
Old 02-12-2014, 12:49 PM
nels0n aud.et

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donscards View Post
We go to Kittys on friday night to eat--it is in Reading about a 10 minute drive---nobody can ever finish a meal there they give u enough on one platter to feed two real big guys---We have a Longhorn rest up here in Portland , also very good-----Don

thanks for the info on the kittys... i don t know these restaurant but when i will travel again to the shriners show i will try this restaurant for sure!

yep scott november or april show worth the 10 hours of driving for me !
Old 02-12-2014, 02:21 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

Any autograph guests this year...way back in '91 I got Phil Plantier's auto here...
Old 03-23-2014, 08:59 PM
Mike
Mich@el H@mel

Default Shiners

I'll be there Friday. This is always a fun show!
Old 03-25-2014, 12:12 PM
nels0n aud.et

Have good time everyone!
I will not be there at this time !
I attended last week end at the Montreal show instead of the shriners show for this spring.

Last edited by g_vezina_c55; 03-25-2014 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:40 PM
Erich W

Default Have fun

Have fun everyone, I unfortunately won't be able to fit it into the schedule this year.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:17 PM
Jesse

I will be there Saturday and possibly Sunday if I can't get it all in on one day. I should be able to but if any of you guys are going and like to meet a fellow member online LMK
Old 03-27-2014, 08:29 AM
Alan Elefson

Hi-
I will be at the show. I am planning on being there most of tomorrow and Saturday. Normally, we do a meet up at noon at the snack/bar area on Saturday. Let's try for that again. We can also try to see if anyone is there at 3pm Friday (meet in the same area). There is always the possibility of yelling out Net54 at random intervals and seeing who responds.

Alan
Old 03-27-2014, 10:59 AM
Jesse

I can't make it tomorrow wish I could but I will for sure be there on Saturday prob morning into the afternoon. I'll keep a look out at the snack bar for a group of net54 guys.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:49 PM
Henry Nich.ols

Any reports from fellow members on how the show is doing?
Old 03-28-2014, 02:55 PM
Jesse

I myself was wondering but then again I'll be there tomorrow
Old 03-28-2014, 04:05 PM
Alan Elefson

I had a great time! It is much smaller than the November show but there are still a lot of vintage dealers there. Kamikid, I saw several 33 Goudey groupings but not many 34s. It is not something I usually look for though, so there is a good possibility several are there. One of my favorite things about these shows is how much raw stuff there is. I never buy graded stuff so it is always nice to see large stacks of prewar cards in their in card savers.

There are some incredible items there for sale! I picked up a few things including a large lot of prewar cards for 100.00 (many of them are panels from T202s, but I also got 5 T206s, and 6 Barker game cards, plus a bunch of strip cards, non-sports, and Callahans). I also picked up a cool 1912 program from a local prep school. Plus a few other items (more on two of them later).

I will be back tomorrow. One of the great things about both shows in Wilmington are the items that walk in to the show. While some of the sellers go directly to the big auction houses, I am amazed at what the smaller dealers are able to obtain.

I am looking forward to meeting any fellow Net54ers tomorrow. It was good to see Don today.

Alan
Old 03-28-2014, 04:12 PM
Steven Sadler

I will be there tomorrow and will be at the meet up at noon....
Old 03-28-2014, 06:03 PM
Jesse

Ill be there I will actually be rocking my Sugar skull tshirt. Same as my avatar. It will also have my net54 logo on it. So if you happen to see me feel free to give me a tap on the old shoulder or a yell across the room. As for not many 34's being there that's fine I still enjoy seeing whats there and finding some trade bait etc. Hope I will run into a few members on here

Jesse
Old 03-28-2014, 06:31 PM
Scott S

I'll probably see you guys tomorrow, but likely won't be able to make it at noon - I'll be there around 1:00 - 1:30. Wife is busy in the AM and bringing a 21-month old with me to a card show seems extremely unwise (and potentially costly!), so I'll get there a bit late....
Old 03-31-2014, 06:21 AM
Tim Caravella

Show was pretty good, not as big as November, but a good amount of vintage for sure. Had the pleasure of meeting Al, Steve, and Don and putting some faces to the Net54 names. Did not find exactly what I was looking for, but had fun and got meet and shake hands with LT who was getting out of his ride as I was arriving at 10:30am. He was puffing on a huge cigar when he arrived, breakfast of champions I guess.

Looking forward to next time!!!
Old 03-31-2014, 03:23 PM
Jimmy

Default March Shriners Show in MA

Had a real good show buying and selling,

glad to see some of you walking around and enjoying the show

Jimmy
Old 03-31-2014, 04:43 PM
Don Hontz

Default Shriners Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelefson View Post
I had a great time! It is much smaller than the November show but there are still a lot of vintage dealers there. Kamikid, I saw several 33 Goudey groupings but not many 34s. It is not something I usually look for though, so there is a good possibility several are there. One of my favorite things about these shows is how much raw stuff there is. I never buy graded stuff so it is always nice to see large stacks of prewar cards in their in card savers.

There are some incredible items there for sale! I picked up a few things including a large lot of prewar cards for 100.00 (many of them are panels from T202s, but I also got 5 T206s, and 6 Barker game cards, plus a bunch of strip cards, non-sports, and Callahans). I also picked up a cool 1912 program from a local prep school. Plus a few other items (more on two of them later).

I will be back tomorrow. One of the great things about both shows in Wilmington are the items that walk in to the show. While some of the sellers go directly to the big auction houses, I am amazed at what the smaller dealers are able to obtain.

I am looking forward to meeting any fellow Net54ers tomorrow. It was good to see Don today.

Alan
Hi Alan It was nice seeing you sat at the show---always good to talk to you and thanks for bringing over Tim to meet me. He is quite a collector.--Yes the show was smaller than the Nov one and I do have to day, my sales were off, but still had alot of fun. I picked up a few collections (one nice lot of autographed exhibit 1950's card) plus the always tough Bill Russell Rookie along with some other nice stuff. Always nice to see u at the show, I believe you have been going from the beginning of the shows. I have done every one of the Winter and Spring shows here. It is still the best show in New England. See you at the next one. Don