NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-15-2013, 06:05 AM
Mark Fox

Default Ohio Sports Collector Convention in Strongsville - Worth the drive?

I saw a banner ad here on the site for the Ohio Sports Collector Convention in Strongsville Ohio at the end of April. Has anyone attended this show before? It's about a 2 hour drive for me, would make a nice Saturday road trip for me if its a decent show. Any experiences/thoughts?
Old 03-15-2013, 07:28 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markf31 View Post
I saw a banner ad here on the site for the Ohio Sports Collector Convention in Strongsville Ohio at the end of April. Has anyone attended this show before? It's about a 2 hour drive for me, would make a nice Saturday road trip for me if its a decent show. Any experiences/thoughts?
It's pretty much THE show in NE Ohio every year...I'd say it's worth checking out. I missed it last year, but generally try to get up there every year.. There should be a few threads about the show and pickups from the last few years if you use the search..
Old 03-15-2013, 07:45 AM
Brian T.

When I used to live in NE Ohio, the Strongsville show was always the best in the area. I haven't been there in years, but if there were one worth attending in NE Ohio, it'd be Strongsville.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:25 AM

Default Absolutely

I live near that area and Dave is right-it is THE SHOW to go to in this area. Lots of vintage cards! I always walk away with a great deal or two every year.
Joe
Old 03-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Banned

It's a fairly small show -- especially compared to the good old days -- but I drive 2 hours every year and think it is well worth it.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:57 PM

I loved the old Strongsville show. Back in the late 1990's, I used to go to this show all the time. It was smaller than the Ft. Washington (Philly) show, but was just as good !!!
Old 03-15-2013, 05:55 PM

Default Good Show

Last year seemed a little smaller than the prior years to me but I go every year and always find it to be a fun show. Lots of vintage...maybe not as much per-war as post-war. But an overall good show and well worth the drive if you're somewhat close.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:14 PM
Banned

The Base Ball Bats card was a Strongsville purchase last year. The pin is from two years ago. Three years ago I didn't go until Sunday but still got a group of eight Van Patrick postcards, including a Bob Lemon.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:14 AM
Bob.T*th

Default Strongsville show

I've been to this many times over the years and I think it is still worth the drive. I would suggest that anybody driving a couple hours most definately go on Saturday as most dealers vacate early on Sunday.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:15 AM
Mark Fox

Seems I will be making the trip from all the positive feedback. I see that it starts at Noon on Friday, Are all the dealers usually set up by mid-afternoon on Friday? Or would Saturday be the better choice?
Old 03-16-2013, 09:02 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothrk View Post
I've been to this many times over the years and I think it is still worth the drive. I would suggest that anybody driving a couple hours most definately go on Saturday as most dealers vacate early on Sunday.
Agreed. I can usually only make it on Sundays, and the tables definitely start to thin out.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Jimi

Thought I'd bring this one back up since the show is next week. Thinking I will be there with one or two of my daughters. Anyone else going? Love to say hey to you!

Jimi
jimivintage@yahoo.com
Jimi
Old 04-12-2013, 06:21 PM
J0N PEDEℜSѺN

I'll be there on Friday and maybe Sunday. Great show and great location (for me). I've taken my son a couple times too. He always walks away with a smile. The dealers and atmosphere are great!
Old 04-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Jimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1216 View Post
I'll be there on Friday and maybe Sunday. Great show and great location (for me). I've taken my son a couple times too. He always walks away with a smile. The dealers and atmosphere are great!
Shoot, Jon, I think we are going on Saturday!
jimivintage@yahoo.com
Jimi
Old 04-16-2013, 09:16 AM
Jimi

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that both my daughter and I will be wearing our Grady Sizemore Indians jerseys, so we will be easy to spot. I'm pretty tall, too, at 6'2" and Brooklyn's just a little 8 year old. Hopefully not too many others will fit that profile. Feel free to say hi if you spot me! I think we will be there all afternoon on Saturday.
jimivintage@yahoo.com
Jimi
Old 04-16-2013, 09:22 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

My sunday plans for the show fell apart. Didn't realize my sister had a bunch of pre-wedding stuff planned for that day. Working on new plans for saturday, but still not sure if they'll come together..
Old 04-17-2013, 06:35 PM
Jack Vernon

I'll probably be there Friday after 3PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markf31 View Post
Seems I will be making the trip from all the positive feedback. I see that it starts at Noon on Friday, Are all the dealers usually set up by mid-afternoon on Friday? Or would Saturday be the better choice?
There is a earlybird price to get in at 11AM but I didn't find it worth it last year. Everyone but one person was set up by then so I'd say you'd be good to go right from the start

Last edited by Seiklis; 04-17-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I would like to thank Fusco Auctions for advertising on the board with a friendly bump concerning the show. Good luck to all who go. May you find a card or two you need!!
Old 04-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Jack Vernon

Just got back...tired...some awesome stuff there though almost dove a couple times but ended up only doing a couple SGC submissions
Old 04-19-2013, 07:26 PM
J0N PEDEℜSѺN

Got tied up at work Friday. Hope to make it on Sunday. Looking at the autograph sessions - Sunday will be busy FYI.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:10 PM
Banned

Went to the show today and I must say it was better than last years. Spoke to Bill Huggins, bougt a few t206's( Cobb red and green portrait and few southern leaguers ) dropped off a few cards to sgc to be graded. All in all worth the drive
Old 04-20-2013, 07:36 PM
Matt Wieder

Was going to go over tomorrow with my 9 year old as they've got Trent Richardson signing autos and that's his favorite player. Alas, I just checked the web site and it's $59 for a signature.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:05 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Went up today with my dad, and my 2 sons. Spent maybe an hour there, should've spent more. But I think it was really good there this year. Managed to pick up a handful of the late 40's Indians Photopack photos on the cheap(3 different Veeck's, 3 different Lemon's, a Doby that I didn't have and Rosen that I wanted). Mostly doubles, but I couldn't beat the price. Also landed a beater '57 Sohio Colavito on the cheap. Dad made out with a few higher grade '55 All-Americans. Kinda wish we'd spent more time, but the kids were being a little difficult, so we had to cut it a little shorter than we would've liked..

All in all, as usual, it was well worth the trip..

Last edited by novakjr; 04-20-2013 at 08:05 PM.