NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-18-2016, 10:21 AM
Matt

Default Vintage Set Breaks offers a nice 1968 Topps Group Set Break

*This is a paid advertisement*

Vintagesetbreaks.com

Vintagesetbreaks.com is new to the group set break “world” and we are happy to offer a 1968 Topps group set break for just $4 per slot. The overall set would grade VGEX and there are several graded cards shown below. Shipping is $3 (free if your purchase enough slots). Check it out for specific rules/scans/condition and information here, vintagesetbreaks.com

Attachment 251448

Attachment 251449

Last edited by sdsoftball; 08-18-2020 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-20-2016, 03:20 PM
Matt

Right now, get free shipping on all purchased slots until Thanksgiving!

Check us out, vintagesetbreaks.com
Old 11-22-2016, 04:53 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Your site is easy to navigate and use. I know a lot of our members enjoy the breaks we have done on the board so there is definitely interest. Good luck and thanks a lot for allowing Net54baseball to help spread the word.

www.vintagesetbreaks.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsoftball View Post
Right now, get free shipping on all purchased slots until Thanksgiving!

Check us out, vintagesetbreaks.com

Last edited by Leon; 11-22-2016 at 04:53 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:42 AM
Matt

Default Vintage Set Breaks offers a nice 1968 Topps Group

Thanks for the kind words. We are going to extend the free shipping through Thanksgiving day so please check us out.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:27 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words. We are going to extend the free shipping through Thanksgiving day so please check us out.
As opposed to another company doing breaks it is nice to know that you will buy the remaining slots at a certain time. Other companies should take note.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:29 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
As opposed to another company doing breaks it is nice to know that you will buy the remaining slots at a certain time. Other companies should take note.
Dunno about that though. I am certainly not accusing anyone, but if 100 lots go unsold and the seller "buys" them all it allows for shenanigans in the distribution. They could sell 500 commons at $4 each, and keep the stars. Again I'm not saying that's going on at all, just that I don't know how to keep that transparent unless they post the results of the break, who EVERY card goes to.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 11-24-2016, 07:32 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Dunno about that though. I am certainly not accusing anyone, but if 100 lots go unsold and the seller "buys" them all it allows for shenanigans in the distribution. They could sell 500 commons at $4 each, and keep the stars. Again I'm not saying that's going on at all, just that I don't know how to keep that transparent unless they post the results of the break, who EVERY card goes to.
right makes no sense for them to buy the cards just to resell them. If they offered the slots to people that already bought slots, perhaps for a discount price, i think they sell them out as well and would encourage more original buyers..

Like give a date deadline where original buyers of slots will be offered the same number of slots but for 50% off. If still doesnt fill then make an offer for more off. Then if still doesnt fill, then the buyer with the most original slots would be able to purchase more then the next most original slots etc..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 11-24-2016 at 07:35 AM.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:38 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Makes no sense if you aren't one of the ones waiting for the break to fill. I don't personally get involved in breaks but if I did I would want it to fill up. As was done on This board before, there always has to be 110% transparency. A professional type random number generator should be used too (whatever Nick on our board did worked great as I heard no complaints)....

Your 50% off works great if they mark the slots up too high to start with.

And Scott- that is why, with 100% random and transparent draws, it shouldn't be a problem for whoever buys the slots.....if I bought some I wouldn't care who bought the others as long as it is fair and transparent, but that is just me. I understand some folks wouldn't like it and they don't have to play. But I think it's a good rule, without giving it a ton more thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
right makes no sense for them to buy the cards just to resell them. If they offered the slots to people that already bought slots, perhaps for a discount price, i think they sell them out as well and would encourage more original buyers..

Like give a date deadline where original buyers of slots will be offered the same number of slots but for 50% off. If still doesnt fill then make an offer for more off. Then if still doesnt fill, then the buyer with the most original slots would be able to purchase more then the next most original slots etc..

Last edited by Leon; 11-24-2016 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:54 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default slots

I bought some slots last night. It easy to do, Payment through PayPal. I sent an email to them letting them know that my slots were paid for, and I received an email right away thanking me for my purchase. That is pretty good for 8pm on the night before Thanksgiving.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:18 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Makes no sense if you aren't one of the ones waiting for the break to fill. I don't personally get involved in breaks but if I did I would want it to fill up. As was done on This board before, there always has to be 110% transparency. A professional type random number generator should be used too (whatever Nick on our board did worked great as I heard no complaints)....

Your 50% off works great if they mark the slots up too high to start with.

ht.
Some people may not want to get involved and wait for a break to fill until they know a few things though. As to the 50% off or whatever method is used, I would assume if a break doesnt fill (not saying this one will or wont) than the slots are priced to high to start with
Old 11-24-2016, 08:33 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

"Too", as in too much, has 2 o's in it. You fixed it.
After reading your statement I am not sure you are debating me or yourself?
You are the one saying there could potentially be a 50% discount if it didn't fill, not me. I am the one that said slots would be priced too high if they could give that kind of discount. I am not speaking for the company, only as a semi interested 3rd party. Lastly, there are a lot of reasons a break might not fill and pricing is a major one but not the only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Some people may not want to get involved and wait for a break to fill until they know a few things though. As to the 50% off or whatever method is used, I would assume if a break doesnt fill (not saying this one will or wont) than the slots are priced to high to start with

Last edited by Leon; 11-24-2016 at 08:35 AM.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:38 AM
Scott Russell

I agree Leon transparency is the absolute key, that's why I brought it up.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

Old 11-25-2016, 08:46 AM
Matt

Hello everyone. Thanks for the discussion. I will clear a couple of things up so nobody has any misunderstandings.

About the question of shenanigans if the slots don't all sell. I can assure you that I don't operate that way. I started this business not to solely make money but to enjoy baseball cards again and make collecting exciting again if not for me at least for everyone else. This is a hobby for me, not a way to get rich quick.

The group break will be done via live video on our Facebook page. All the names of the people who bought slots will have their names put through a list randomizer on random.org. Try it out and you can see for yourself how random it makes a list of names. Once I randomize it 3 times I will take the list of names and paste it next to the list of cards. Whichever card is next to your name is the card you get. All of this is done live and is transparent for everyone to see.

Once the break is done I will email all the slot owners the results as well as posting them on vintagesetbreaks.com and our Facebook page. I will also post links on our twitter account. If you don't have Facebook I will be posting the video on our website as well.

I will do my best to sell every slot that I can and as the site grows and word of mouth spreads that won't be an issue at all. I will treat all of my customers the best I can and be as fair as I can with them so we can build trust. I want you experience to be fun and exciting so you come back.

Discounted prices- I will do what I can to sell as many slots as I can. With that being said in tradition of Black Fiday and holiday shopping, I reduced the cost of the slots today through Cyber Monday.

All slots are now only $3!!

Please help spread the word and if you guys have any questions let me know and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks again!
Matt
Old 11-25-2016, 08:56 AM
Scott Russell

Well done, I think that answers all my concerns!

Old 11-27-2016, 02:29 PM
Matt

Default Vintage Set Breaks 1968 Topps Group Set Break

Last day to take advantage of the holiday pricing in the 1968 Topps group set break for just $3 a slot!

Vintagesetbreaks.com

Last edited by sdsoftball; 11-28-2016 at 12:11 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:24 PM
Matt

Default Vintage Set Breaks offers a nice 1968 Topps Group

The group set break is full for the 1968 Topps set. Thank you to all who participated. Next up is a 1955 Topps set!
Old 12-01-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
The group set break is full for the 1968 Topps set. Thank you to all who participated. Next up is a 1955 Topps set!
I will buy 10 slots for the 1955 break. How do I get in?
Old 12-01-2016, 06:31 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Congrats! 1955 break is more my speed, looking forward to it.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Congrats! 1955 break is more my speed, looking forward to it.
Exactly.

A 55 break where 1 card is worth $3k and the Clemente is $1k for $35 a slot seems like an incredible value.