NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-13-2008, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Default Friendly reminder to Leon and co

Posted By: leon

I really just hang out and take it all in. The one thing I got out of my degree is that other intelligent folks can have great ideas that I don't agree with.

Barry- the sky isn't falling.....It will be ok. Net54 has been thru much worse than this.....I do agree with most of what you say though.....

AL- thanks for the kind words....You know me fairly well.....I don't get upset about too often and respect others' opinions.....sometimes it's a tad bit difficult to bite my tongue but I have a lot of practice...And sometimes I can be sarcastic like the rest of us. If I was as big of a guy as you I wouldn't take any crap either .....wish we could have hung out more at the National but my nights were fairly full....best regards

Old 08-13-2008, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

No sweat, Leon. Hopefully we'll both be in the hobby for a long time - eventually, we'll get that beer.

-Al

Old 08-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

Barry

It is very simple. Ignore. Don't reply. All of which is in our collective control. The site will be here for those who want to use it or misuse it. It is up to those of us who want to keep it focused to exercise restraint and simply do nothing. Seems so simple yet it does not get done. Don't need any fancy software or a private site, like LTS. You want to talk cards, then do so. Time for people to take responsibility and resit the temptation to get into it with guys who are here to just fool around.

Greg

Old 08-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Greg- I guess you are right. Maybe it's best just to ignore all this unnecessary stuff. It is a lot of clutter, however.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John

MB3, I have no need to contact a mediocre golfer via email if I wanted to do that I would email myself..LOL.

But thanks for proving my point I knew if I pushed your buttons hard enough you would get all fired up talk trash and act childish...was I wrong.

It’s amazing how a few words bummed you out so much to get you acting like a kid exactly what you busted everyone else’s balls about. In fact it was you who eluded that you would never stoop to that level. Well you did and over what me teasing you about your golf game, or your pseudo extreme persona. In fact it took much less to put you over the top than it did Leon with Billy.

So Wonka got you bummed out with some words, imagine if those words were about engaging in vulgar unsolicited sex acts with your child get the picture yet extreme enough for ya?

And for the record my email is right next to my name always has been no need to go to anyone’s webpage you want to chat drop me a line.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Peter_Spaeth

Greg is right, it takes two to tango. Billy and his ilk make inflammatory posts only to see the reaction it will get.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh

You are correct about what his collection of T206 would be worth. You know and the rest of the board knows this guy is full of it. He will be gone within time. Just another person that has to come on a message board and lie about what cards they have.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

John, is it true that you swing 70%?

Old 08-13-2008, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

sounds personal..........