NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-25-2005, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Default Value of Authenticated Bond Bread Cards?

Posted By: sirjamil

In a hidden attic in an old house, I found a #7 of the Set of 13....Jackie Robinson Card. I had it authenticated and graded by Beckett Vintage Services. It is a true #7 not a reprint, no marks, stains, or any damage.Becketts population report for this card shows it as the only one. It is not a BLANK BACK like the Homogenized Bread card Set... It has the Bond Bread co. advertisement on the back and is in Very Good to Excellent+ condition.... Any One Know the Value?

Old 10-25-2005, 05:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave

The 2006 Standard Catalog lists that card in VG at $135.00.
At EX it lists at $225.00
Dave

Old 10-25-2005, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Dave, I appreciate your help. I had no idea what the card is worth. It is in extremely great condition and was a true rare find!

Let me ask you something, does the value go up the longer you hold onto the card?

Old 10-25-2005, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David Vargha

Which pose is it? (not card # in the catalogue) If it is one that I need, I would be interested in purchasing it if you are interested in selling it. Please e-mail me. Thanks!

DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Old 10-27-2005, 04:54 PM
Administrator

CARD IS NOW LISTED ON EBAY,
FREE SHIPPING to NETWORK54 MEMBERS.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8715086373

Old 10-27-2005, 06:14 PM
Administrator

The card is not #7. It is actually #6 (Portrait, facsimile autograph), which is the most common card in the set. It's still a nice card, but worth maybe $200-$250.

DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Old 10-27-2005, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Old 10-27-2005, 06:41 PM
Administrator

That's why catalogues are just "guides".

DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Old 11-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Administrator

I informed the seller both here and by e-mail that he had a nice card, but it wasn't #7 as he, Greg, I and I'm sure others had hoped for. I told him that I paid $200 for a nicer PSA 5 of the same card he was selling earlier this year and that he needed to lower whatever his high reserve price was. It closed at nearly twice what I paid for mine without hitting reserve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VRARE-1947-JACKIE-ROBINSON-VG-EXCELLENT-GRADED-7-CARD_W0QQitemZ8715086373QQcategoryZ16269QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

I then advised him that he was foolish not to have taken the high bid and should probably contact the high bidder to arrange a deal. But did he listen to me? Noooooooooo! He relisted it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8719575587

It managed to reach $112.50 for the high bid; again without hitting the reserve. I think there's a moral in here somewhere.

DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Old 11-11-2005, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Wesley

I think the moral is that advanced veteran collector David got a great deal from newbie collector Wes.

Old 11-11-2005, 03:25 PM
Administrator

No, that is the most common card in the set. I only paid $260 for a GAI 4.5 (not from you) of Jackie Robinson sliding. That is the second most common card. Wes, you're almost making me feel bad (almost).

DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Old 11-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Administrator

You are 100% right about something dear friend, there is a moral here.... a very good and positive one.
First let me say I understand your point of view and you are right! your argument is strong and filled with truth, but there is another side not mentioned in the equation.

I had mentioned in the listing a certain detail about the card but you had to read the entire auction and pay close attention to reveal it...

This particular card came from a well traveled Master Mason and is the subject of a hot new childrens book. In the book the brother and sister search for the Lost Toys of the McSwain Estates Toy Co. There are over three Vintage toys that are part of the collection left behind for a little girl and boy by their Grandfather. The Card and it's being listed twice on ebay are an actual part of the story in the book.

I tried to listen to you and contact the bidders and even lower the price, but you know that ebay automatically sends you to the second chance form whenever you try to contact someone after an auction ends. so I simply relisted it because other bidders emailed me and said they missed out and wanted a chance to bid that's all. I still contacted each person who had bid in the first auction thou. I only wanted what I felt the card was worth to me. The first guy who has bought a ton of things from me, had already bought the card somewhere else like you said.
But the second guy.....when he reseached the auction closely he figured out the story and offered right away the same day to pay me $350.00 CASH.

So you see this particular card has a great value.....if you know the story, and I'm sure this story will be read for years to come..
and all the buyer did to get it was read and follow the links to the explanation instead of just look at the picture of the card and judge. The story behind the card, it's inclusion in a great and positive childrens book and the sentimental value on this card is what makes it worth more

Thank You So Much!.....I could not have finished it without you.
You shall have honorable mention