NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Default D304 Questions

Posted By: Joe

Are D304's selling extremely high right now and why? I want to put this set together and I am well on my way now but, if these prices blow up I might not be able to afford the major stars like wagner or cobb. What do you think will happen. The cards that just sold this week that were graded seemed to sell high but the 3 raw cards the week before seemed to go for normal pricres.

Old 11-11-2005, 10:19 PM
Administrator

Default D304 Questions

Posted By: jay behrens

Reprints of this set aren't uncommon, so graded examples will sell for much more than raw cards. I wouldn't expect prices to remain where they are at. A number of peope I know have started collecting the set. There really isn't a vintage set out there that isn't being hottly pursued by 5-10 people, except 1939 Playballs.

Jay

If you can sue a band for making you want to commit suicide, can I sue Barry Manilow for turning me into a wuss in the 70s?

Old 11-11-2005, 11:41 PM
Administrator

Default D304 Questions

Posted By: JimB

D304s have been hot for a couple of years now and they seem to be getting hotter. I had five of them including the Cobb and got frustrated with being seriously outbid several times in a row for commons. So I gave up. They were not worth it to me. I thought of going for the set originally because I had the Cobb in nice condition (PSA 5). I had had the Cobb for about 10 years. But they are getting so expensive now and to me - not worth it - because they are not nearly as good looking as a number of caramel sets from the same era with similar players. Just my opinion. I do regret selling (actually trading) my Cobb, but such is life. I kept a couple as type examples. I did get burned on a couple of reprints a few years ago. The good reprints are slightly smaller than the real examples and the print on the back is black rather than the very dark green on real D304s. Be careful. Good luck with them
JimB

Old 11-13-2005, 08:24 PM
Administrator

Default D304 Questions

Posted By: Joe

I have seen graded examples with black print on the back.

Old 11-13-2005, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Default D304 Questions

Posted By: JimB

Does anybody know if the backs other than Brunner's come with black ink?
JimB

Old 11-14-2005, 06:43 AM
Administrator

Default D304 Questions

Posted By: leon

I have 6 D304's and 5 have different backs. They are all black....I would be surprised if there were other colors as I don't remember seeing any. I will say I have been surprised as recently as yesterday though (albeit on another vintage card issue)

Old 11-14-2005, 07:18 AM
Administrator

Default D304 Questions

Posted By: Anonymous

Leon...look again at your Brunners under better light.

that ink ought to be dark green..could look almost black but it is not. I believe the Weber and Martens are black, not sure about General Baking..will go look

..or you have some really rare variation cards
..or fakes

edited to add image of your Evers from sgc registry

Old 11-14-2005, 07:36 AM
Administrator

Default D304 Questions

Posted By: leon

When I went into the Marine Corps, about 26 years ago, I couldn't be in Recon because I failed the brown/green color test. I guess I am still failing as those damn things look black to me....but true I haven't looked at them real closely.....they look like real cards though.....regards

Old 11-14-2005, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Default D304 Questions

Posted By: andy becker

leon, you sure know how to scare a guy
mine is definetly green on the back (brunners)

Old 11-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Default D304 Questions

Posted By: robert a

Martens.............black ink
General Baking......black ink
Weber...............black ink
Brunners............Dark Green
Butter Krust........Dark Green