NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Kevin Qui.nn

Default sgc employee/representative

is there an sgc employee/representative who is a board member. i have a cert number which is in question. it doesn't show up on the population report or show as a valid number.

trying to get to the bottom of this.

thanks,
kevin
Old 11-03-2013, 04:11 PM
pete ullman

why don't you just call them tomorrow?
Old 11-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Adam Goldenberg

Default Sgc

Pete's right but you can send a note to:

Earlsworld

He is with SGC but not sure how often he visits the board. Good guy though.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Sgc

There was a post on Net54 a few months ago about SGC's site not recognizing certain cert #'s. I have had good luck sending the cert # to info@sgccardregistry.com. Usually the problem is corrected in a short amount of time.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Kevin Qui.nn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
why don't you just call them tomorrow?
naturally i had thought that before asking. was hoping maybe i could get an answer before then about something. never know. might get one. might not.

sitting here doing nothing so figured, why not talk to someone on the board.

kevin
Old 11-03-2013, 06:09 PM
pete ullman

maybe SGC has an emergency...on call grader for situations such as this?!
Old 11-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

I had the same problem last week. took me 3 minutes to get it resolved. not a whodunit. contact sgc.

jeff
Old 11-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Steve Birmingham

Some registry sets don't seem to take any cards at all. Like the T206 backs set. I've had a couple not go through if I copied and pasted the number and changed the last digit. But typing the number worked fine. (And the SL set won't recognize blank backs.)

Steve B
Old 11-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Kevin Qui.nn

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
I had the same problem last week. took me 3 minutes to get it resolved. not a whodunit. contact sgc.

jeff
not looking to only get it corrected so its probably not a 3 minute problem...but to actually understand how it even happens. you put the cards into a system and they provide a place to search. it wouldn't seem like there is a whole lot of room for error if you know how a query language works. its either catalouged or it isn't. i can guarentee that they don't have a sophisticated database design going on.

the fact that there are more slabs there with this problem, and based on the responses that its quite common, suggests a larger issue. what is the point if they retro fit their numbers to the items they let leave the door?

"sure, look the cert number up after i put it into my system after you reminded me that it should be in there?"

kevin
Old 11-04-2013, 12:24 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehoodedcoder View Post
not looking to only get it corrected so its probably not a 3 minute problem...but to actually understand how it even happens. you put the cards into a system and they provide a place to search. it wouldn't seem like there is a whole lot of room for error if you know how a query language works. its either catalouged or it isn't. i can guarentee that they don't have a sophisticated database design going on.

the fact that there are more slabs there with this problem, and based on the responses that its quite common, suggests a larger issue. what is the point if they retro fit their numbers to the items they let leave the door?

"sure, look the cert number up after i put it into my system after you reminded me that it should be in there?"

kevin
It might really be a 3 minute question. For example, I had something similar with a PSA card where the cert # was invalid in the system. However, when I asked PSA about it, it was because the card was graded during their onsite grading services during National, and evidently, they just write these down on paper or something, with the cert #'s and the grades. Then after National, PSA has to manually enter all of the onsite grading that they did at National into their system. The seller of the card did have the invoice, however, and when he gave me the invoice #, PSA was able to manually confirm that the cert # was good over the phone through that invoice #.

Not sure if it's the same thing w/ SGC here, but it might be.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:32 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
maybe SGC has an emergency...on call grader for situations such as this?!
I had a very bad weekend and thought I would catch up on what happened on the board over the last couple of days. This was the first thread I opened. I found the comment above hilarious and thank you, Peter, for starting my Monday off on a funny note.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:53 AM
pete ullman

Glad I could help, David!
Old 11-04-2013, 06:56 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

I guess whoever drew the short straw at SGC will be manning the phones today.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:49 AM
Robert Williams

My vote is Earl!