NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 09-01-2011, 04:48 PM

Default Sept 2011 Pick-up thread

One of the earliest known images of Gehrig in a Yankees uniform. This vintage original TYPE 1 photo is dated 3/14/24 at Spring Training in New Orleans. The slug has his name typed "Paul" Gehrig and corrected with a pencil to say "Lou". I guess he really hadn't yet made a name for himself at that time.

GehrigBATTING.jpg

Last edited by thekingofclout; 09-03-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Graig Kreindler

Well, look who it is!!

Amazing pick-up, bruddah. Look at how young and skinny he is...just wow. Those shoulders!! He looks like a little kid. And I suppose he was only about 20 when this was taken, so he IS a kid. Let's see some more!!
Old 09-01-2011, 05:45 PM

Default Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofclout View Post
One of the earliest know images of Gehrig in a Yankees uniform. This vintage original TYPE 1 photo is dated 3/14/24 at Spring Training in New Orleans. The slug has his name typed "Paul" Gehrig and corrected with a pencil to say "Lou". I guess he really hadn't made a name for himself at that time.

Attachment 45083
Awesome early Gehrig photo Jimmy-congrats!
Old 09-01-2011, 05:49 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

My favorite post this month

OK... August included as well. Great to see you back Jimmy! Hope it's just the start of a whole "new wave". We missed you mucho!

Oh yeah... nice pic, too. Glad you mentioned it's Lou, or I may not have recognized that young String Bean... Welcome back!
Old 09-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Graig Kreindler

Alright, I finally gave in.

This is the first piece of memorabilia that I've ever bought, I think. Actually, it might be one of my first contributions to a thread that had nothing to do with a painting. Well, it'll make a good start to a collection of signatures from the '36 Yanks and Giants. It's something I've been toying with for a few years now (as many of you know), and I just couldn't see myself ever jumping into the deep pool, especially considering how much some of these cost (especially with the Gehrigs and Otts out there). And, I suppose I was just never really into memorabilia to begin with, so I didn't really see myself ever actually going through with it.

So, here I am, tip-toeing in with a flashlight and having a look around. I imagine I'll build the set VERY slowly, as I'd love the signatures to be vintage, and of course, I'd like to be as comprehensive with all of the players/managers/coaches/owners/batboys as I can be (thanks, Phil).

A big shout-out goes to Scott Garner for pointing this out a few days ago in the first place - there's no way I would have seen it otherwise. I understand that Hubbell isn't as sexy a name as Gehrig, DiMaggio or any of the other big guys, but the fact that I was able to get this period cut - at a PSA 10 no less - for a tad over $50 boggles my mind.

Alright, shoot me now - I'm done.

Graig
Old 09-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Dan Bretta

1913 Superior team postcard with Dazzy Vance...I found a 1912 Superior postcard a few months back with Dazzy also...amazing that these tow postcards pop up from different sellers in that short timespan...neither were known in the hobby prior to this. Thanks to Phil G for pointing this one out to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg superiorvance1.jpg (76.7 KB, 766 views)
File Type: jpg superiorvance2.jpg (45.0 KB, 759 views)
Old 09-01-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post
Alright, I finally gave in.

This is the first piece of memorabilia that I've ever bought, I think. Actually, it might be one of my first contributions to a thread that had nothing to do with a painting. Well, it'll make a good start to a collection of signatures from the '36 Yanks and Giants. It's something I've been toying with for a few years now (as many of you know), and I just couldn't see myself ever jumping into the deep pool, especially considering how much some of these cost (especially with the Gehrigs and Otts out there). And, I suppose I was just never really into memorabilia to begin with, so I didn't really see myself ever actually going through with it.

So, here I am, tip-toeing in with a flashlight and having a look around. I imagine I'll build the set VERY slowly, as I'd love the signatures to be vintage, and of course, I'd like to be as comprehensive with all of the players/managers/coaches/owners/batboys as I can be (thanks, Phil).

A big shout-out goes to Scott Garner for pointing this out a few days ago in the first place - there's no way I would have seen it otherwise. I understand that Hubbell isn't as sexy a name as Gehrig, DiMaggio or any of the other big guys, but the fact that I was able to get this period cut - at a PSA 10 no less - for a tad over $50 boggles my mind.

Alright, shoot me now - I'm done.

Graig
Graig,

Alright!! I'm glad that you pulled the trigger on this Hubbell vintage signed album page. Congrats on crossing over to the dark side, my friend!

As the "World's most interesting man" on the Dos Equis commercials says:
"Stay thirsty my friends!". I don't know why, but that commercial makes me laugh every single time...

BTW, you are right, this cut is OUTRAGEOUS for $50!! Good job for a first pickup. Consider your cherry busted...

I'm out!
Old 09-01-2011, 07:51 PM

Nice pickup, Graig. But it's not a cut. It's a signed album leaf.
(If there had been two different signatures on the leaf, and you cut them apart, so that, looking at either, you could no longer tell it had been an album page, then each would be a "cut.")
Old 09-01-2011, 07:55 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Wonderful pickup Graig... That early Hubbell signature style is so interesting (and so under-valued). Will you be pairing it up and framing it with a photo of King Carl? I would imagine you have some nice ones, if that's your intention!

Here are a couple of sweet pickups to start off my September...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bicknell.jpg (55.0 KB, 754 views)
File Type: jpg Bicknell1.jpg (47.7 KB, 750 views)
File Type: jpg Chances Cubs 4.jpg (64.9 KB, 745 views)
File Type: jpg Chances Cubs 3.jpg (75.7 KB, 752 views)
Old 09-01-2011, 08:21 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Default Great start to the month

Wow, Some great stuff to start off September right.

Jimmy,
Only the best, as usual! Hope your going to stay around for a bit.

Graig,
Way to jump in with both feet. That is one beautiful Hubbell!

Dan,
Great early Vance postcard.

Mark,
That fan is superb. Is that the one Carlton has pictures of you haggling for at the National?

Mark

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 09-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks a lot for the kind words, guys!

Scott - I always thought I'd see Vader on the dark side. Wait a minute, I did have New Hope and Empire on today while I was painting. Sh*t.

David - Thanks for the clarification. I feel like I've always interchanged 'cut' with 'flats' for some reason, but obviously there's a big difference. I still have tons to learn!

Mark S. - I'm not really sure how I'm gonna display it, to be honest. In my head, I have this grand presentation of all of the cuts together in one large matted thingy. But if that doesn't work out, maybe a photo will be the way to go. I do have a lovely one that Jimmy got for me a few years back...

Mark V. - Thanks, buddy. But now I'm real scared!

Graig

Last edited by GKreindler; 09-01-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:36 AM
Brandon M. Grunbaum

For the baseball collector, this is an amazing find. Locked up in a chest in a house since 1913. One ball is sealed in the box, the other ball was opened 25 years ago and put on display, and it still looks mint! There was a box with the opened ball too (not pictured). I can only image how nice the ball inside the box is if the opened ball looks that nice!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC0084.jpg (38.1 KB, 593 views)
Old 09-02-2011, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonG View Post
For the baseball collector, this is an amazing find. Locked up in a chest in a house since 1913. One ball is sealed in the box, the other ball was opened 25 years ago and put on display, and it still looks mint! There was a box with the opened ball too (not pictured). I can only image how nice the ball inside the box is if the opened ball looks that nice!
Terrific pickup Brandon!!

It always amazes me that someting like this could remain perfectly intact for almost 100 years. You would think that if there were boys around, that baby would definately have been tossed around the yard.....
Old 09-02-2011, 04:27 AM

Default Awsome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Wonderful pickup Graig... That early Hubbell signature style is so interesting (and so under-valued). Will you be pairing it up and framing it with a photo of King Carl? I would imagine you have some nice ones, if that's your intention!

Here are a couple of sweet pickups to start off my September...
Mark,

These are two exceptional pieces to add to your amazing collection. The fan is really a neat piece. Congrats!
Old 09-02-2011, 04:46 AM
Mike H.

Mark...I love the fan more now than when I first saw it. The detail and color is stunning! The Cubs pennant is beyond amazing up close. The condition is fantastic and I love the vertical design. I'm veeeery pleased YOU were the purchaser my friend.

Brandon...those balls are a find of a lifetime. I love stories of raw material hitting the hobby. There is a lot still out there fellas...lets find it.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:30 AM
M@tt Schw@de

My pickup comes tomorrow and I cannot WAIT! Will post a pic when it arrives!
Old 09-02-2011, 06:57 AM
George

Very nice pickups everyone! I was excited to say the least to finally be able to add the woodcut of woodcuts to my collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_01 Sep. 02 08.54.jpg (19.9 KB, 556 views)
Old 09-02-2011, 07:02 AM
Phil Garry

Great pick-up, George! I have one of those too and love it.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:09 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Picked up a nice 3x5 of Bob Rice. Rice played briefly for the 1926 Phillies, but for my collection he is going along with the 1960 Pirates as their traveling secretary.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg !CEeu7h!!Wk~$(KGrHqYOKk!E0f5BWpDMBNSC5H7sT!~~_12.JPG (14.3 KB, 554 views)
Old 09-02-2011, 10:37 AM
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbgcbrcb View Post
Great pick-up, George! I have one of those too and love it.
Thanks Phil! The Harper's and Leslie's woodcuts are underrated but guess that's a good thing for us collectors
Old 09-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Brandon M. Grunbaum

Thanks guys, I actually went to the guy for the sealed ball only, when I told him it was tough to buy a sealed ball because of the possibility of poor condition he said "no, the other ball I opened is in great shape", I was like you have 2!?! Then of course had to buy both! Pricey but obviously well worth it.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:51 PM
J@RR0D

Thanks to Mark for this one, it's in transit as we speak. My first Conlon!

Old 09-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Graig Kreindler

And a BEAUT at that, Jarrod. Congrats!
Old 09-02-2011, 02:07 PM
J@RR0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post
And a BEAUT at that, Jarrod. Congrats!
Thanks, Graig! By the way, I got stuck for about an hour and a half last week going through your "On the Easel..." thread and WOW... Your work is just amazing.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

hey Jimmy, Awesome Iron Pony!

Just unpacked these these and right into the scanner. 1909 Opening Day @ Dixieland Park Jax, Fla RPPC's

1929, Sudbury Mass

Last edited by Ladder7; 09-04-2011 at 06:47 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

Absolutely stunning stuff so far! I too am a fan of the fresh raw material hitting the market (or collector's shelves). That unopened baseball in neat!!
Old 09-02-2011, 08:20 PM
JeR@Me

Default Sept Pickup :

Sept Pickup : My first Pennant...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NashVolsPennant1.jpg (36.9 KB, 514 views)
File Type: jpg NashVolsPennant2.jpg (39.9 KB, 512 views)
File Type: jpg NashVolsPennant3.jpg (41.1 KB, 507 views)

Last edited by DixieBaseball; 09-02-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:28 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Jarrod,
You are most welcome. I hope you enjoy it very much.
The money, of course, will be spent on more stuff to clutter my house.
Best,
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmavl View Post
Thanks to Mark for this one, it's in transit as we speak. My first Conlon!

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 09-03-2011, 03:43 AM
Mike H.

Jeremy that is a terrific pennant and one I've not seen before. As the resident expert on Southern League, can you tell us how scarce it is?

Thanks for posting it.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:29 AM

Default Thanks for kind words Guys...

I must say that is seems like everyone has stepped up their game since I've been away, WoW!

Dan; That team shot is one of the finest I've ever seen. I mean, just look at the kids tippy-toeing their hardest to get their mug in the photo. And with Vance leading the way, every single guy is looking smack in the lens. Congrats on a great pick-up.

Jarrod; Good for you. Oh how I know the feeling. My very first Conlon photograph was also a Hornsby. You better start thinking of ways to explain to the Mrs as you continue to add another Conlon here and there. Good luck with that!

Paisano; A terrific peek into "A Day at the Ballpark" from more than a century ago. Talk about the old line "A picture's worth a thousand words". Those are keepers.

Mark & Graig, killer pick-ups for the both of you, as well as everyone else that has added to their collection this month... well done.

As for me, I've been full speed ahead collecting Beatles memorabilia and am really enjoying myself. My pal Mark V. dragged me back into Baseball with the subtle hint of a possible trade for a Ruth/Thompson photo he had acquired.

So after I got my hands on that, I started sending feelers out regarding some Gehrig and Ruth TYPE 1 photos and was able to close the Gehrig photo that I then started this thread with.

All good things, Jimmy

P.S. And Graig... there's no going back!

Last edited by thekingofclout; 09-03-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:41 AM
JeR@Me

Default Pennant :

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkm90 View Post
Jeremy that is a terrific pennant and one I've not seen before. As the resident expert on Southern League, can you tell us how scarce it is?

Thanks for posting it.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for kind words ! I believe the pennant is very scarce and it is either the only one or possibly the 2nd one I have seen in the last 10 years. Does that make it rare ? Not sure, but it is at the very least, extremely scarce. I was floored with the condition of it, and to top it off, I have been trying to acquire a Nashville pennant for my Nashville collection for a decade. Perhaps there are a few more lying dormant, but a tough pennant to find.

Thanks again - JJ
Old 09-03-2011, 11:33 AM
M@tt Schw@de

I got it today's mail! The backlog is I had to sell my 1935 Ohio State-Michigan autographed program by 48 total players, coaches, and athletic director. It really was one of a kind that was tough to let go.. But it allowed me to add my ultimate........... Purchased from original owner:

I couldn't be any happier! I couldn't sleep all night because of the excitement
Old 09-03-2011, 11:51 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Wow... super-sweet Babe! They don't come any nicer... congrats!

Mark,
That fan is superb. Is that the one Carlton has pictures of you haggling for at the National?

Mark V...

It's actually a different Fan. The one from the National was sepia-toned and had many players of the day lining the perimeter. This colored one is perhaps even earlier, and depicts a generic baseball game in progress. I loved the artwork and muted colors (and was under-bidder in the Mastro Auction last year). When it recently re-surfaced on ebay, I snagged it.

These Fans are tough, because they are usually found beaten to hell (if found at all). Just another cool and obscure niche of this wonderful hobby!

Thanks, Mark
Old 09-03-2011, 12:19 PM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Wow... super-sweet Babe! They don't come any nicer... congrats!

Mark,

Mark V...

It's actually a different Fan. The one from the National was sepia-toned and had many players of the day lining the perimeter. This colored one is perhaps even earlier, and depicts a generic baseball game in progress. I loved the artwork and muted colors (and was under-bidder in the Mastro Auction last year). When it recently re-surfaced on ebay, I snagged it.

These Fans are tough, because they are usually found beaten to hell (if found at all). Just another cool and obscure niche of this wonderful hobby!

Thanks, Mark
Thank you! I'm a little kid in a candy store right now The original owner even wrote up a two-page letter about his experience meeting the Babe that he included with my purchase.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Clint

Wow, outstanding pick-ups everybody. Here's my latest addition.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S5001019.jpg (24.5 KB, 458 views)
Old 09-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Dan Bretta

Clint, you got it! Great pick up!
Old 09-03-2011, 02:17 PM

Default Ruth Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwade View Post
Thank you! I'm a little kid in a candy store right now The original owner even wrote up a two-page letter about his experience meeting the Babe that he included with my purchase.
mschwade, That is quite a Ruth sig and I'm not even an autograph guy...Did the owner get the auto the same time while meeting the Babe? Can you scan and post the letter?

PS, Below my first Sept P/U

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Last edited by CarltonHendricks; 09-03-2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: add p/u/ photo
Old 09-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Clint, you got it! Great pick up!
Thanks Dan. I'm very happy to add this jersey to my collection.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:18 PM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarltonHendricks View Post
mschwade, That is quite a Ruth sig and I'm not even an autograph guy...Did the owner get the auto the same time while meeting the Babe? Can you scan and post the letter?
Thank you! I don't have the letter yet, that's coming separate (It was either wait for all of it to come together next week or send them separate and I wanted to get the auto before the holiday weekend to show my grandma-- a HUGE Yankees fan). From what I know right now, the owner met the Babe and got his autograph when he was an 11 year old boy in mid-1947.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Dan Bretta

Carlton, is that Cap Anson?
Old 09-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Clint

Quote:
Carlton that is awesome I love it check out my bowler. They are extremely similar but do have differences.

Dan, I always thought it resembled Anson too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S5001021.jpg (29.5 KB, 655 views)
File Type: jpg S5001029.JPG (71.0 KB, 664 views)
Old 09-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Dan Bretta

It would certainly make sense as he was a big reason for bowling's early popularity.

http://www.bowlersjournal.com/?p=442
Old 09-03-2011, 04:55 PM

Default maybe

Quote:
I don't know...I see on wiki where he owned a billiard hall and bowling alley in Chicago in 1899 and was an accomplished bowler and apparently was on a National championship team in 1904...I haven't gotten it yet to examine but from the photos there's just something special about it, I can't put my finger on it...It's coming out of Maryland...

Some of Anson's few successful ventures were a combination billiards hall and a bowling alley he opened in downtown Chicago in 1899.
Anson was named vice-president of the American Bowling Congress in 1903, and led a team to the five-man national championship in 1904

Clint, Hey that's a great inkwell...darn you just never know what you're gonna see on here...keep me posted if you want to move that!....I had another bowling inkwell once, see below with some of my other bowling pieces

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last edited by CarltonHendricks; 09-03-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:01 PM

Default Johnny Vander Meer original press photo April, 1938

Today I picked up a pretty cool original press photo of Johnny Vander Meer (The Dutch Master) dated April, 1938. From the John Rogers photo archive (Chicago Sun-Times, Chicago Tribune, Detroit News and Sport Magazine).

Two months before Vander Meer threw no-hitters in consecutive starts for the only time in ML history. I picked this up for less than $15- I'll take it!!

Last edited by Scott Garner; 09-03-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Jim Johnson

Default 1913?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonG View Post
Brandon,

What makes you think this ball is from 1913? Do you have any more information on the person who saved it?
Old 09-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Brandon M. Grunbaum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadball View Post
Brandon,

What makes you think this ball is from 1913? Do you have any more information on the person who saved it?
Well the older gentlemen I bought it from said it belonged to his Dad who was given the 2 baseballs at a game when he was a kid. I cannot obviously be certain that the baseballs were locked in the chest since that day, but the guy said that he's had the chest forever and that's where the 2 balls have sat until he opened one about 25 years ago, putting the open one on a shelf and leaving the sealed box in the chest. And obviously this particular model Ban Johnson ball was used from the 1912-1924 range so that nails down a timeframe. I went to this guys house to get the baseballs, he isn't a collector, didn't know anything about baseball, just happen to have them from his dad.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:24 PM
J@RR0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofclout View Post
Jarrod; Good for you. Oh how I know the feeling. My very first Conlon photograph was also a Hornsby. You better start thinking of ways to explain to the Mrs as you continue to add another Conlon here and there. Good luck with that!
Ha! Luckily, she was the one that got me into Conlon as she bought me his photo book for Christmas. So I can blame it all on her.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Default 1918 - 1919 ? Baseball Betting Cards

Not entirely sure what these are so if anyone could help, much obliged. They appear to be betting cards/slips. The "War Tax" on these helps me date them. I've seen that on 1919 Ticket Stubs. I just found this on Wiki regarding the War Tax: "While this Act is referred to as the Revenue Act of 1918, it was not passed until early in 1919. The tax continued until it was repealed in 1924." So I now can date them to 1919 to 1923.

But there is no column for Sunday and by the 20's they were playing Sunday games. A last clue is the no "H" at the end of Pittsburg, any idea when that was added? I want these
to be 1919 but think it will remain a mystery and at best put them at 1919-1923.

Each slip on the back is intact, but if u unfold them they list all the teams as well as minor league teams as well.

Anyhow I think its a neat accent piece to my Black Sox collection, a nice gambling tie in item.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (59.9 KB, 497 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (73.9 KB, 492 views)

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 09-06-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Default better pix.....

here:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003 (2).jpg (75.4 KB, 495 views)
Old 09-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Mike H.

Default Early baseball clock

I've been after this piece for years and was thrilled to have an opportunity to purchase this off ebay last night