NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Default N28 Year Designation Wrong ???

Posted By: Scot Reader

Both PSA and SGC list the issue year on N28 holders as 1887. But Clarkson is depicted with Boston and he was not traded to Boston (by Chicago) until April 3, 1888 based on records from Baseball Reference dot com. He is also not a terribly rare subject, so it wouldn't seem to be the case that the set was first issued in 1887 without him. Can anybody explain this discrepancy for me?
Thanks.
Scot

Old 07-31-2006, 07:00 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

If you doa search, there is a whole thread on this as to why the set is 1888 instead of 1887.

Jay

Growing old is not optional, growing up is.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:17 AM
Administrator

Posted By: john/z28jd

http://www.network54.com/Forum/153652/thread/1103311830/last-1124764637/N28+Allen+%26amp%3B+Ginters+NOT+from+1887+--

Heres the thread Jay was talking about.I think we should have a thread Hall of Fame for ones like this that people always reference.Theres a lot of great info in it and it shouldnt have to be buried on the 76th page.I even had to go thru 3 pages of search posts to get to it.I can think of a few threads off the top of my head that ive gone back and read months or even a year later

Old 07-31-2006, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scot Reader

Jay, John:
Thanks for pointing out the great old thread started by Hal in '04--which does belong in the thread HOF.
Scot

Old 07-31-2006, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

I'm not sure how the search feature here works, in terms of the logic or whatever, but I often have a lot of trouble finding known threads with it. I've even put odd phrases or words in one of my posts in a thread just so I can go back and find it later, and still they don't always come up.

I wonder if there's a way to name them or file them or something. Would also be nice if the N54 system also let you include a username along with a search phrase, because often I also remember who said something I'm looking for, or who posted in that thread a lot.

Joann

Old 08-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

sorry...had to ask

Old 08-02-2006, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

LEON

John Dreker's suggestion of a "Thread Hall of Fame" is a worthy idea that should
be considered. And, of course, what determines which Threads are worthy is the
next question. Well, your current Poll has run its course. So, my suggestion is to
start a new Poll on the possible candidates for HOF Threads.

I fully agree with John's comment's about the tediousness of searching for a given
topic. And, that is not meant to be a criticism of this Forum's system. It's better
than most. However, there are certain very noteworthy threads that some of us
refer to that are sort of difficult to find. And, these definitely qualify to be in a
special grouping of their own.

You are the "quintessential" moderator dude......so, we leave it up to you. Please
give this some serious thought....I think this is a fine suggestion.

T-Rex Ted