NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-31-2013, 03:48 PM
Craig M

Default T206 white borders master

Who is the appropriate person to contact to have them update the spelling of a name in the T206 WHITE BORDERS MASTER?

The card in my possession is a batting pose with a red background. On the card it reads:

WILLETT, DETROIT (2 L's and 2 T's)

The master shows only the two below:

WILLET (2 L's and 1 T)
WILLETTS (2 L's, 2 T's and 1 S)

I only ask this because if the MASTER is the true master; then the MASTER should be correct.

Possibly there is a WILLETTS floating around out there.

Craig

Last edited by Craig M; 01-31-2013 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Possibly there is a WILETTS floating around out there.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:58 PM
Craig Wright

Default Corrected

Thanks, I've made the correction to the batting pose - it should be LL and TT. The pitching pose is correct with LL, TT, and one S.

Best Regards and Happy Collecting
Craig
Old 02-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Craig M

Default New Find??? TURNER (Possible, but NOT confirmed...

Craig,

Since I am working on a T206 Super Set, I started to catalog my T206's this weekend and found a Terry TURNER, CLEVELAND card that you show on the T206 White Borders Master Set Spreadsheet as a YELLOW box (Possible, but not yet confirmed on T206Resource.com

Included below are the scans of fron tand back.

Can you please explain to me how you know for sure GRAY (Probable No-Print) and BLACK (Impossible or Very Unlikely to Exist)?

Craig
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TURNER (front).jpg (49.3 KB, 324 views)
File Type: jpg TURNER (back).jpg (60.9 KB, 325 views)
Old 02-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Craig Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig M View Post
Craig,

Since I am working on a T206 Super Set, I started to catalog my T206's this weekend and found a Terry TURNER, CLEVELAND card that you show on the T206 White Borders Master Set Spreadsheet as a YELLOW box (Possible, but not yet confirmed on T206Resource.com

Included below are the scans of fron tand back.

Can you please explain to me how you know for sure GRAY (Probable No-Print) and BLACK (Impossible or Very Unlikely to Exist)?

Craig
Thanks Craig, we really appreciate the confirmation. I'll update the spreadsheet and pass it on to Tim Cathey. I'll also let him explain the how we determine which cards are possible but un-confirmed, which are probable No-Prints, and the Impossible or Very Unlikely to Exist.

Thanks again and best regards
Craig
Old 02-06-2013, 06:11 AM
Tim

Craig - Thank you for confirming the Turner and including the scan. It’s confirmed on the site and added to the searchable database.

Here is an explanation of the two shaded categories on Craig's spreadsheet you asked about. If something isn't clear, please ask me a follow up.

Impossible or Very Unlikely to Exist
By studying the confirmed subjects we know when certain backs were printed and with which subjects. This allows us to predict that a front/back combo is not possible with a great deal of certainty.

For example: American Beauty 350 (Frame), Carolina Brights and Cycle 350 backs were only printed using subjects from print group 2 and 5. So finding a subject from print groups 1,2,4 or 6 with this back is “impossible or very unlikely.”

Here are a couple of easier “impossible or very unlikely” examples. Subjects printed with 150 Series backs will not be found with 460 Series backs. Or a major league subject will not be found with an Old Mill Southern League back.

Probable No-Print
The main difference between these and the “impossible or very unlikely” combos, is that these subjects were being printed during the same time frame as the backs in question. For example over 150 Subjects were in production during the print group 1 time frame, but only 34 were printed with the Sweet Caporal 150 No.649OP back. Therefore we classify the other subjects as “Probable-No-Prints” because theoretically they are possible, but not likely given what we know.

A number of different factors are used when determining if a subject should be classified as “Possible-but NOT confirmed” or a “Probable No-Print.” We try to be cautious and leave subjects on the probable list until we have good indicators to move them to the probable-no print list. A few months ago we found a solid link between 75 subjects and three backs that led us to move them all from possible to probable no-prints on these three lists.

With all that said the checklists are a constant work in progress. Since the site went live a little over a year ago, we've had over 100 new front/back confirmations added. We’re working to find other solid indicators to move subjects from possible to probable-no print, and always open to a subject moving the other way. By no means do we claim the checklists to be infallible, but that is what we're working toward whether attainable or not.

Thanks again to everyone for their help.

Last edited by Abravefan11; 02-06-2013 at 06:12 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Alex

I have the same card. Is it a big deal?
Old 02-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Craig M

Alex,

I don't think it's a big deal.

It was indicated on the T206 White Borders Master Spreadsheet as Possible but NOT confirmed on T206Resource.com

So now it's confirmed on T206Resource.com and the spreadsheet is also updated.

Craig
Old 02-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Alex

Where can I find this list?
Old 02-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Only Smoke 4 the Cards View Post
Where can I find this list?
You can find any of the checklists and the searchable database HERE

You can find the T206 White Borders Master HERE
Old 02-12-2013, 07:27 PM
Craig M

Default Probable No Print

Craig and Tim,

Still working through cataloging a stack of T206's I have here.

I believe I now have found a (Probable No Print).

Can you please confirm for me? Even though paper is missing on the back, it is a Sweet Caporal 350 Factory 42.

The card is of KAISER WILHEM, BROOKLYN (VARIATION - Batting).

Attached scans

Craig

Attached scans of front and back
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130212180552_00001.jpg (78.2 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg 20130212180552_00002.jpg (76.2 KB, 95 views)
Old 02-12-2013, 07:32 PM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig M View Post
Craig and Tim,

Still working through cataloging a stack of T206's I have here.

I believe I now have found a (Probable No Print).

Can you please confirm for me? Even though paper is missing on the back, it is a Sweet Caporal 350 Factory 42.

The card is of KAISER WILHEM, BROOKLYN (VARIATION - Batting).
That's a 350-460 Factory 42 Overprint, which is confirmed:
http://t206resource.com/Checklist.ht...cordPosition=2

Last edited by t206hound; 02-12-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:12 PM
Craig M

WOW Erick, how could I miss that; I now barely see the red overprint on the card but the scan really shows it.

Maybe it's time to get glasses!

Craig

Tags
t206, t206 master, t206 white boarder