NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-28-2016, 08:19 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Default OT: Ali / SMR magazine takes a beating...

Last night I received the SMR magazine with Ali on the cover. I skimmed through it but left it on the couch. This morning I get this email in regards to our 2yr old, Petey, from my wife with the attached picture:

Quote:
I look over at [Petey] and he is studying the boxer and then making fists looking back and forth between the two. Then he starts punching the magazine.
I have never been a boxing fan. I have watched some bouts on HBO, but that is about it. Looks like Ali is still influencing a generation, though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4eb9dc27-35d6-47ae-bf98-7117c26ebe8d.jpg (37.0 KB, 395 views)

Last edited by bn2cardz; 07-28-2016 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:36 AM
Scott S

Great to see that he's picking up SMR - hopefully he'll follow you and have some interest in cards as well!

Reminds me of this YouTube video which is a baby imitating all of the training moves from 'Rocky'. Classic stuff here!
Old 07-28-2016, 09:53 AM
Scott Russell

Don't know if it's on youtube, but ESPN interviewed the Hearse driver of all people, but I'm so glad they did. I got choked up multiple times but never more so then when the driver (who was black) told the story of a small (white) boy who jogged alongside the hearse shadow boxing. The story was sweet, but then someone had actually captured video of it. I know in a sense it's meaningless, but in times like these it really hit me hard how meaningless our differences should be (and are to children!) Can't say much more without getting political, but if I find the clip I'll post in hopes others enjoy it too.

I guess you can't post videos here, but here's the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU9wxB5A3w0

Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 07-28-2016 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:44 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
Great to see that he's picking up SMR - hopefully he'll follow you and have some interest in cards as well!

Reminds me of this YouTube video which is a baby imitating all of the training moves from 'Rocky'. Classic stuff here!
He sits on my lap while I look through the computer auctions or read this site and yells "baseball" pointing.

His older siblings (I have four children aged 2,3,4, and 5) show an interest in cards. His 3 year old brother likes to look through auction catalogs. It got to such a point that when I got a catalog in the mail he would bring it to me and sit with me as soon as I walked through the door from work so we could look at it together.

The oldest use to bring me the catalog to read to her. On one REA catalog, though, we didn't make it passed the first couple lots because there were more words than pictures. haha.

Last edited by bn2cardz; 07-28-2016 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:52 PM
Scott S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
He sits on my lap while I look through the computer auctions or read this site and yells "baseball" pointing.

His older siblings (I have four children aged 2,3,4, and 5) show an interest in cards. His 3 year old brother likes to look through auction catalogs. It got to such a point that when I got a catalog in the mail he would bring it to me and sit with me as soon as I walked through the door from work so we could look at it together.

The oldest use to bring me the catalog to read to her. On one REA catalog, though, we didn't make it passed the first couple lots because there were more words than pictures. haha.
Great stuff, Andy - my son is 4 and we look through catalogs and some of my cards together. It's great for him to have an interest we can share!
Old 07-28-2016, 01:59 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
Great stuff, Andy - my son is 4 and we look through catalogs and some of my cards together. It's great for him to have an interest we can share!
It is the great advantage of slabbed cards in my house that my toddler children can handle my vintage cards without me even thinking twice about it. Some cases may get scratched in worse case, but that is better than the card itself.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:47 PM
octavio ranzola

andy wanted to say hi hope you and family are great octavio class act