NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-26-2007, 07:29 AM
Administrator

Default OT Minnesota twins fest

Posted By: Mike

Anyone going to the twins Fest this weekend? I heading down in a couple hours to set up a table. If anyone is going to be there today, or this weekend, let me know. We can hook up. There won't be much pre war material there, but it's still fun to shoot the Chlit with folks. plus, you never know what might be lurking there.

Besides, it's the only show we got.........

Old 01-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

Mike- The Twins are my team too. I envy you getting to go to the Fest. See if you can post a picture of yourself with Liriano's arm as that is the future of the club.
tbob

Old 01-26-2007, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Sean

I will be heading down on Saturday morning...gonna see my bud Santana (Sorry tBob no Liriano).

I hope there is a bit of prewar I have a Christmas Bonus burning a hole in my pocket. Where are you going to be set-up Mike?

Yea! Sean BH

Old 01-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Administrator

Just got back from the dome, setting up a booth for the show. What a fiasco. Our car sat in line for an hour and a half, so that we get our things in there. Confusion reigned. Didn't see much pre war though. But only about 10% of the dealers were even there. Most were in their cars and trucks sitting in a line to get in. This summer my family and I are having the distinct priviledge, of throwing out the first pitch for a Tigers and twins game, helping with batting practice, and then sitting in the owners box. To make a long story short, while I was there today, I delivered some paperwork to the executive offices up stairs for the game I just mentioned. Wow....we all thought the playing field was crap, you should see the offices? I couldn't believe it. Tiny, tiny cubes everywhere, piled with crap. Ugly ugly ugly. I've never seen such cramped, horrible working conditions in an office space. I got claustraphobic (spelling) after about a minute. But heading down there tomorrow for the opening. Hopefully I will find a few nuggets. I did see a few Honus Wagner things, etc. etc. So we shall see.

Old 01-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Mike, If i do get a wild hair, where are you going to be located?

Lee

Old 01-27-2007, 09:16 AM
Administrator

TBob, my arm is shot also. Maybe Tommy John surgery is in my future. Sometimes hard to raise it above my head. hard to sleep. You get the picture. Too many years of throwing a softball. And to Lee, actually I am going in before the public and scooping up any treasures. The show starts at 5 I believe, and I am going in around 3. It's not my booth, but it belongs to another dealer, whom I am helping out. And the booth number escapes me. But if and when he lets me know what it is, I will let you know. I will be there much of tomorrow as well, helping out.

Old 01-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Sean

Sounds like cheating to me...

Sean BH

Old 01-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Administrator

They'l take my money just as much as the next guy's. I'm a bit fortunate to have a slight time advantage. No cheatin'.

Old 01-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Administrator

I will be in, or around G - 10. This will be one of the few booths with pre 50's stough. There are a couple other dealers there with a little pre war, but this booth will be the best. And no SHINEY stough. Promise. Hope to see a few folks there tomorrow. Or maybe early tonight. But I may be gone before the customers arrive this afternoon. . Wish me luck.

Old 01-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: peter ullman

well...did you find anything. i thought about going on friday but have been really sick...I hope I didn't miss much!

pete in st paul

Old 01-29-2007, 07:29 AM
Administrator

On my way to the Fest, my son in law and I were rear ended, at 45 miles an hour, and my Mercedes was totaled. Not that the car type matters. Just a mode of transportation. Anyway...I didn't make it. Both of us are very sore, but otherwise OK. Thanks in part to that solid German engineering I suppose. (Son in law is from Germany). We did however go On Sat. Morning. Absolutely jammed with people at 9 in the morning. Unreal. Folks were standing in line for hours to get auto's from the players. I found about 5 things in the entire show that were worth buying. But all were priced about book, so I passed. Nothing I really needed. The dealer that I have known for 20 years, was the only pre war seller there. He sold one card. He went hours without anyone even talking to him. Nobody cared about appropriately priced pre war. Nobody. I heard 50 year men proudly talking about how cool it was to get a Santana rookie card. SAD isn't it? here is all I saw: Ruth Churchmans, Ruth Sanella, Cy young pin, a pretty 206 with an American Beauty back. Nice but didn't need it. Can't recall the others. A lot of beat up Goudeys, and 205's.. So for anyone going for pre war. Forget it. In fact the dealer with pre war told me he isn't even going back today. Fun to see Radke and the like, otherwise forget it.