NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Default I Decided on a Ty Cobb

Posted By: Henry Eshelman

I like to see this Im in 9th grade and I started in 8th grade as well i suggest you get a job like babysitting or caddying to help fund your collecting

Thanks, Henry Eshelman

Old 11-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Cat

Mr. Miller:

Please excuse some of our board members. Personally, it appeared exactly as originally explained...an eighth grader trying to: 1) complete a class assignment, 2) have fun on a board that he personally appreciates, and 3) learn a little something along the way. BUT, some of our board members are a bit on the paranoid side. There are VBC board members spread all over America, as I type this, sitting at their desktops, reading the board, all the while with tin foil on their heads so the government doesn't read their thoughts. (You do know that the government is hovering overhead in their stealth helicopters at this precise moment )

http://www.audiocomedy.net/soundboards/jacket.shtml

Old 11-01-2006, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Peter_Spaeth

Behrens (the Jay variety that is) may have to watch what he says now that he knows he is a kid's role model. It's a burden, but one I know he will handle with dignity and responsibility.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

I'll just keep doing what I do. If I change because of this, he may not want me as a role model. Hopefully, just a role model as a collector and not a way to live your life. Poor dad would pull his hair out if young Jason we to go out and do all the crazy things I did in my 20s. I do highly recomend learning another language and spending some time overseas.

Jay

I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.

Old 11-02-2006, 03:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Jay- I'm with you. For two cents I could throw in the towel too and just lead a simpler life. I could do without all the aggravation. And I also welcome Jason to the board- at that age you can still be idealistic; me, I'm just looking for a rocking chair and a quiet corner of the world.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: peter chao

Barry,

What could be easier and more enjoyable than what your currently doing. Traveling and visiting people in the boondocks that have baseball memorabilia that they have no idea what they are going to do with.

And then on auction night, you can watch crazy people throw money at all the items you picked up on your trips.

Sounds like the life to me.

Peter

Old 01-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

Jason- If you have an interest in helping people and making sure that we are able to maintain our freedom to choose and speak and act as we like (within the rules), you should not be so quick to believe becoming a lawyer is a bad thing. Plus you will be able to also make a good living and have the money to buy the cards you like
Most lawyers I know have a great sense of humor and are not stuffy and arrogant (although some are, as they are in all professions). Don't give up on thinking about being a lawyer, it is a rewarding profession.
tbob

Old 01-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Bob, I don't know where I heard this, but I know I heard it recently....."Who would want to become a lawyer??? That's like choosing to do homework as a profession."

Old 01-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dylan

why dig up these old threads?