NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-19-2003, 03:45 AM
Administrator

Default T210 Old Mill Red Borders

Posted By: Adam J. Baxter

I've been gradually collecting T212 Obak for some months now and I've been so pleased about how that set's going, that I'm seriously considering jumping into another minor league set, T210 Old Mill Red Borders. Other then the fact that I'll NEVER have the Joe Jackson, is there anything else I should know before getting started with this issue? Any opinions or advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Adam

Old 11-19-2003, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Todd

If you plan on getting this set completed in one lifetime, or if you have any leanings toward high grade.

I have never collected the set, but as a type collector, I aim my ebay searches broadly and am always looking for the more unusual issues. Others can tell you that I'm wrong and where to look, but I just don't see those t210s come up with any frequency, and i can't recall seeing one offered in real nice grade. Maybe if you live in or travel to the Southeast, you can find some--my guess is David Bryan has a bunch.

I admire your ambition. You may want to focus on just one series of the 210s first--that alone should keep you busy for awhile. Surely one of the advanced collectors on this board can tell us the relative degree of scarcity of the series. Anyway, please keep us posted if you dive in to this one.

Old 11-19-2003, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Todd

Seems Scott Brockelman has quite a few of these available on the buy/sell/trade thread. Go crazy!!

Old 11-19-2003, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Adam J. Baxter

Collecting T210 Old Mill by series is probably the smartest way, when considering the sheer size of the set. As far as condition goes, I've come to the conclusion that finding any examples from this set on a regular basis in any grade above VG is definitely a pipe dream. So, I think quantity over quality will be my safest bet. I don't mind as I generally collect most of my cards in the mid to low range anyway or what some like to call "Collector-grade". I've always collected N172 and T212 in this grade range. As a result, I've had much success at obtaining particular cards that I want, which also present well and fit my budget. I think I'm gonna take the dive!

Old 11-19-2003, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

The series 2 cards are by far the most common of all the series. Series 8 is the most difficult, but also has the highest proportion of major leaguers, and the Joe Jackson and Casey Stengel cards.

I can provide you with a list of major leaguers form the list if you are interested.

Old 11-23-2003, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: scott brockelman

45 different t210's for sale

13 series 1 cards
15 series 2 cards
13 series 3 cards
4 series 5 cards

the cards range from f-vg and average good, i would sell the lot for $800 which is almost exactly what i paid for them, but would save me the time and expense of putting them on ebay individually. i would pay for insured shipping., i take checks, money orders, credit cards or paypal. email if interested.

Old 11-24-2003, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: eric p.

i have been collecting t210's for over a year and a half now, i love the set with its red borders and obscure minor leagure players, i have over 200 different cards to date, my experience has been series 8 and 6 are the hardest to complete, the series from hardest to easiest to complete is as follows: 8,6,7,4,5,3,1, and 2, if your trying to complete the set be ready to shell out $40 to $85 dollars a card for cards in series 8,6, and 4 that are in g-vg condition or better, there are 3 collectors i know that have over 500 different t210's in their collection, if i was you i would grab any t210 in any condition i didn't have in my collection until a nicer one came along because there is no guarantee that another one will come along especially in series 4-8, so be patient and enjoy the very long journey of trying to complete the set because there is not a known complete set on the planet.

Old 08-27-2004, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: alan p.

There are alot more collectors of this lengthy issue today, then when I started it about 12+/- years ago. I have watched the prices slowly move upward, again because of the number of collectors wanting these cards. The other pricey card is the Casey Stengel about the same price as the shoeless card.
Good luck--

Alan