NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-18-2002, 11:42 PM
Administrator

Default Here's a good one

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Check this listing out. Nice explaination to the card and then claims to know nothing about baseball cards. I guess I will just forget what you told me previously. hay it might be REAL!!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1804047936

Lee

Old 02-18-2002, 11:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MW

Lee --

I have to admit that at first, this one really had me stumped. Well, OK, I was more than stumped. I was completely dumbfounded. But then, thanks to bcornell's reminder earlier this evening, I simply put two and two together. The individual selling this card is that same one that bought the time machine that two college students sold on eBay some time ago. Come to think of it, there are quite a few people who have been using that time machine lately.

Old 02-19-2002, 05:22 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Marc S.

who find a bunch of cards in an old family heirloom, here described as "along with a few other old baseball card". However, the sellers, seeking to keep family history intact, always keep all the other cards to pass down the family lines. I wish I had a family like that!

Old 02-19-2002, 05:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Cornell

http://www.whattheheck.com/ebay/timemachine.html

Personally, I'd go back to '78 and stock up on Dale Murphy rookie cards.

Old 02-19-2002, 05:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

...but I confess to sending her a note. Basically I told her I thought it was really cool that back in '34 Goudey would send $7,500 ball cards to people for free, just because they asked. She wrote back and it made me feel mean...she didn't get it. We need to all realize:

SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST PLAIN STUPID

Old 02-19-2002, 07:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

in 1978 you should be stocking up on Mark Fydrich cards. So what if he had a down year, he's gonna come back next year and have that HOF career we all know he is going to have. And just for good measure you might want to go back to 1981 and load up on Joe Charbaneau cards and lots and lots of complete sets of Donruss and Fleer. It's thier first year and we all know those are going to so valueable you will be able to send your kids to college.

Jay

Old 02-19-2002, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Bill, I can't believe that you didn't notify this board sooner of this time machine up for auction. I sure we could have got some furious bidding from board members.

It says it needs repairs, I think that's where Mike comes in. It looks like it traveled to old England and we might get a proper answer to our Engglish delimma. But, I don't know the guy in the suit so there is a possibilty they didn't actually go there.

Lee

Old 02-19-2002, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Cornell

Lee-

Sorry, but there was only room for one in the time machine. I took a trip back to 1887 to hoard Old Judges... unfortunately, I kept buying packs that had actress cards.

Old 02-19-2002, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

the 1983 Fleer Ron Kittle card......hit 50+ hr's at Edmonton the year before. Guaranteed soon-to-be hall of famer selling for the then unheard of sum (GASP) $3.00 each.

Old 02-19-2002, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob Lemke

Here at SCD (and Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards)we get thjis question, usually the T206 Wagner with the back description of its rarity, etc., about once a week. I've never been able to figure out what to tell these people to convince them that this is a modern reprint. They never seem to understand why a genuine card wouldn't have its collector value printed on the back. Deep sigh!

Old 02-19-2002, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: David

Original cards don't ordinarilly talk about themselves in the past tense