NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-14-2022, 07:48 PM
Chuck Whisman

Default Wheatland Auction Services - New Auction is Open for Bidding

Our latest auction is now live - a great mix of pre-war, post-war, current era, and more. Many great autographs, a massive amount of silver, and even a 2021 Rolex watch! Good luck bidding - all lots start at $5 with no reserve! Don't forget to check out the RARE PSA 10 GEM 1961 Topps Mickey Mantle Blasts 565 Ft. Home Run #406 - Pop 4!

https://www.wheatlandauctionservices.com/catalog.aspx
Old 05-14-2022, 08:48 PM
Peter Spaeth

Odd venue to consign a Rolex, IMO.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-14-2022, 09:10 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Odd venue to consign a Rolex, IMO.
Agreed but it Is a nice watch but agreed odd if it was not from a sports figure or something

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 05-14-2022, 09:49 PM
Chuck Whisman

Many sports collectors also buy and invest in silver, gold, high-end comics, and high-end watches, and the Rolex watch market has been one of the hottest collectible markets. Rolex watches have been appreciating like crazy over the past 2 years. Many Rolex stores were even completely out of inventory much of last year. In fact, gold, silver, and Rolex watches are often discussed during our local sports card investment meetings with collectors (if I remember correctly, half of the attendees at our last meeting were wearing Rolex watches).
Old 05-14-2022, 09:53 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckw View Post
Many sports collectors also buy and invest in silver, gold, high-end comics, and high-end watches, and the Rolex watch market has been one of the hottest collectible markets. Rolex watches have been appreciating like crazy over the past 2 years. Many Rolex stores were even completely out of inventory much of last year. In fact, gold, silver, and Rolex watches are often discussed during our local sports card investment meetings with collectors (if I remember correctly, half of the attendees at our last meeting were wearing Rolex watches).
Agree with everything you say, am familiar with watches and coins myself, and it's a beautiful sub, was just surprised to see it in a sports auction. Hope it does well.

Incidentally a current model Rolex Oyster Perpetual "Tiffany Blue," I was just reading, sold for 70k, up from maybe 15K or so before it was unexpectedly discontinued.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-14-2022 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-14-2022, 10:16 PM
Chuck Whisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Agree with everything you say, am familiar with watches and coins myself, and it's a beautiful sub, was just surprised to see it in a sports auction. Hope it does well.

Incidentally a current model Rolex Oyster Perpetual "Tiffany Blue," I was just reading, sold for 70k, up from maybe 15K or so before it was unexpectedly discontinued.
Thanks Peter. It should be fun to see how it goes and it's amazing to see so many Rolex watches sell for over $50k these days. It's funny because a handful of buyers have mentioned to us in the past that we should start to sell Rolex watches. I assume this is because a lot of sports card buyers have also been making good profit on buyer/selling Rolex watches. The 2021 sub we are selling is likely going to continue to appreciate nicely over the next few years, as that has been the constant trend of the newer models. We try to keep things fun and try out more non-traditional items for sports collectors to diversify their investments. We have more silver than ever in this auction as well, and a handful of comic book lots.
Old 05-14-2022, 10:27 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckw View Post
Thanks Peter. It should be fun to see how it goes and it's amazing to see so many Rolex watches sell for over $50k these days. It's funny because a handful of buyers have mentioned to us in the past that we should start to sell Rolex watches. I assume this is because a lot of sports card buyers have also been making good profit on buyer/selling Rolex watches. The 2021 sub we are selling is likely going to continue to appreciate nicely over the next few years, as that has been the constant trend of the newer models. We try to keep things fun and try out more non-traditional items for sports collectors to diversify their investments. We have more silver than ever in this auction as well, and a handful of comic book lots.
The sports models certainly have been great investments over the years, but it seems that now anything with the brand even the plainer watches are appreciating steadily. Whether they're worth it is, of course, the subject of endless (and useless lol) debate. In a way it's like the PSA 10, you're really paying for the brand name, not the watch per se, but I expect it will go on forever because the name is magical.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-14-2022 at 10:30 PM.