NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 09-10-2014, 09:09 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks, guys. I hope John loves it just as much.

I'm looking forward to another raffle soon, too.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:02 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey all,

Just a quick update, the painting of Hank has been completed and was dropped off at my photographer's on Friday. I would imagine I'll have a scan to show by tomorrow or Tuesday, and then I suppose I'll close out my participation in this thread with some final words.

However, I wanted to again thank John, Bill, Lance and Leon for letting this whole thing happen, as it's been a LOT of fun. I was thrilled to paint someone who I've been meaning to do for some time, and then having a forum to get my thoughts out on the whole process became pretty meaningful. I hope in the end, John and everybody else likes the final product.

I'm definitely excited for the next raffle when the time comes. Until then, I still have a LOT of stuff that needs catching up with.

Graig
Old 09-30-2014, 10:53 AM
Graig Kreindler

Hey all,

So, here we have the final piece.

I got the scan back from the photographer's today, and after a little bit of color correcting, this is pretty close to the original. However, like I've mentioned before, no photograph - no matter how good - will ever come close to actually seeing an original work of art. Especially when it comes to oil paints, the luminosity of the medium can really only be experienced in the flesh. Or paint. Yeah.

I gotta say, I enjoyed the hell out of doing this project. I was so thrilled to be able to paint Hank Aaron finally, and the fact that I got to do so using such a killer image was an absolute boon. Not only is it just crystal clear and iconic, but all of the light-play combined with that amazing Milwaukee jersey makes for some really exciting (and bold) color.

The only thing that I wish was different doesn't really have anything to do with the painting process itself, but I wish that I knew exactly what year it came from. I'm sure that it dates from either '55 or '56, but I've never been able to lock down the specific season. Granted, knowing the day and month would be great too, but I don't need to be that exact here. Had it been an action shot, I think I really would have pushed for that a lot more.

So, I'll pick up the original from Gamma (my photographer) at some point this week and then get 'em out to John shortly there after. Hopefully he'll be willing to chime in once the painting is in hand.

If anyone has any comments or questions, I'd love to hear them!

And again, thank you ALL for participating in the raffle and keeping an eye on this thread. I sincerely hope that this can be a semi-regular thing on Net54, as long as the interest in having it continues.

Graig
Old 09-30-2014, 04:41 PM
Bill Boyd

Graig,
The color seems so vivid and real. What a great work of art. To be just a small part of the creation of this gem, as was everyone who participated in the raffle, makes me feel great. If it was not for everyone who participated, this great piece would not have existed.

Bill
Old 09-30-2014, 04:50 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Graig,
It really is a beauty. That photo was a great choice.
Now for the most important question. When is the next raffle?

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 09-30-2014, 05:00 PM
Bill Boyd

Mark,
I hope to be posting something in the next couple of weeks. Just want to focus on John and his new addition to his collection.

Bill
Old 09-30-2014, 05:43 PM
Alex

Nice painting
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:24 PM

You can really see the youthful exuberance in Aaron's face, despite the fact that he's in a relaxed pose. Graig, you captured it perfectly. Little did Hank know of the milestone he'd pass 18 years later. Love the painting!

Last edited by CW; 09-30-2014 at 08:55 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:16 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Gorgeous! The lighting is fantastic. Congrats all around!
Old 10-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Bill Boyd

John
Just curious, do you have a spot all picked out for the painting????
Old 10-01-2014, 08:27 PM

Amazing work of art, and it was fun to follow the process.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:02 PM
John €ffenheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
John
Just curious, do you have a spot all picked out for the painting????
Not yet, but I've begun planning it out. The walls are full now, so its a matter of determining what comes down.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:38 PM
Bill Boyd

John,
Word is Hank is on its way home. Enjoy.

Graig,
Your explanations of the process through these months have been great. You need your own reality show. "Kreindlers Krafts, of Baseball Art". I'd watch it.

John,
I know the selection process was not that easy, finding just that right photo can be a chore. When and if we have a second winner, any suggestions to them that may help them out.

Bill
Old 10-07-2014, 08:41 AM
John €ffenheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
John,
I know the selection process was not that easy, finding just that right photo can be a chore. When and if we have a second winner, any suggestions to them that may help them out.

Bill
I guess my only advice for the next winner would be to remember that it is your choice. Suggestions from the board can only help, but in the end choose a image that you're happy with. I couldn't imagine any of the other images I saw turning out as nice as this one did.

Last edited by effe; 10-07-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:54 AM
Bill Boyd

Nor can I, thank you John for the response.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:29 PM
John €ffenheim

Default Hank is in the house!

All I can say is wow. As great as the photos have looked, finally seeing the painting in person is truly a jaw dropping experience. I couldn't be happier! Graig really has a rare talent. Thanks to Billy for organizing this event!

Last edited by effe; 10-12-2014 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:03 PM
D@niel.P@trick.Johnson

Stunning!
Old 10-12-2014, 03:25 PM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

Awesome! Can't wait to win the next one! :-)

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/gregr2
Old 10-12-2014, 04:55 PM
Bill Boyd

John,
You are more then welcome John, it truly was my pleasure. Thanx for sharing, it looks great. You answered my next question. Do They look better in person? And your answer.....WOW!
Enough said.

Billyb