NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-14-2017, 05:58 PM
Dave Wilson

Default EBay Bucks Quick Question

Curious if the EBay Bucks % is effective when you win the item or pay for the item? Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks Dave
Old 10-14-2017, 06:04 PM
Banned

pretty sure when you win the item or commit to the BIN
Old 10-14-2017, 06:13 PM
Ken McMillan

It is when you pay for the item.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:50 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac32 View Post
It is when you pay for the item.
Yup, definitely when you pay, not when auction ends.
Old 10-15-2017, 06:32 AM
Dave Wilson

Thanks guys!
Old 10-15-2017, 06:34 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

If it's a bonus bucks promotion, they typically stipulate in the fine print that the item must be both won and paid for within the promotion period.

Any other time, standard ebay bucks are accrued when the item is paid for.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:18 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
If it's a bonus bucks promotion, they typically stipulate in the fine print that the item must be both won and paid for within the promotion period.

Any other time, standard ebay bucks are accrued when the item is paid for.
I have found that with the bonus buck promos, Even though it is not stated, it appears that not more than 24 hours is allowed after the promo has ended to send a payment and still qualify for the award. Recently, I had several auction wins that needed an invoice and the seller did not send the invoice until the morning after the promo ended and when I paid that afternoon, I still received the bonus. However, in a similar situation, I did not send a payment on several auction wins until two days after the promo ended, and did not receive the bonus.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:13 AM
D.mitr.y D.

It's definitely when you win or commit to the BIN. Doesn't matter in the least when you pay. I have paid a week later and still got the bonus bucks.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:12 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
I have found that with the bonus buck promos, Even though it is not stated, it appears that not more than 24 hours is allowed after the promo has ended to send a payment and still qualify for the award. Recently, I had several auction wins that needed an invoice and the seller did not send the invoice until the morning after the promo ended and when I paid that afternoon, I still received the bonus. However, in a similar situation, I did not send a payment on several auction wins until two days after the promo ended, and did not receive the bonus.
From the latest bucks promotion that I just received today:

Promotion details
The Promotion starts at 5​:​0​0​A​M PT on Octo​ber 18, 2017, and ends at 1​1​:​5​9​P​M P​T on Octo​ber 19, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”). Extra eBay Bucks can only be earned on every single item purchased that meets the minimum purchase requirement specified in the offer (a “Qualifying Purchase”). Promotion is valid on multiple qualifying purchases made within the promotion time period. In order to qualify for the offer, you must click the email to activate.

Rewards are capped at $100 per transaction and $500 per Earn Period. Purchases must be completed during the Promotion Period and paid for with P​a​y​P​a​l before the Promotion ends. eBay reserves the right to cancel, amend, or revoke the Promotion at any time. Other restrictions apply. See Terms & Conditions for details.

[Disclaimer: I have never taken note of whether auction wins paid for after the promotion ends accrued standard or bonus-rate bucks. I'm just restating what's written in the fine print]
Old 10-19-2017, 08:03 AM
Dave Wilson

I should have been more specific with my question. I was curious about EBay Bucks promos (ie 8%-10%). I won 2 auctions last Thursday (big money) and i had been waiting on a promo to pop up so i could take advantage of it. I did notice an 8% percent promo pop up last night and paid then and did receive the 8%. So there you go!
Old 10-23-2017, 09:48 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

As a follow-up to this previous discussion, with the last promotion, I had a couple purchases of auctions that had ended prior to the promotion that I paid for during the promotion which received only the standard-rate bucks. So no bonus simply because I paid within the bonus period.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:09 AM

How can you tell when a vendor accepts eBay bucks? I have learned the hard way that not all eBay sellers accept eBay bucks
Old 10-23-2017, 11:48 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

If they accept PayPal, they accept ebay bucks. You just apply it to your invoice when checking out through PayPal. The acceptance is between ebay and PayPal, and shouldn't appear any differently on the seller's end (in other words, they just see the invoice is paid through PayPal, but can't tell if you used ebay bucks, credit card, funds in your PayPal account, etc)
Old 10-23-2017, 05:01 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
How can you tell when a vendor accepts eBay bucks? I have learned the hard way that not all eBay sellers accept eBay bucks
I think you're confusing eBay bucks with the random discount codes. Many of the codes can only be used on specific sellers. Maybe?
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:39 PM

That may be it. But the other day I had like $90 eBay bucks and I figured I pick up a well priced 1984 usfl Jim Kelly rookie for my kid. I hit BIN and then when I went to pay, the use eBay portion of the screen was locked; that is I could not get to where I could apply the eBay bucks. Maybe it is a phone app thing; I have noticed differences between the website and the app. Well, I was thinking I was getting a nice PSA 9 Kelly rookie for $45. Nope, it cost me $135... Oh well.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:01 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Well, you have to actually click a checkbox nowadays in order to "apply" your eBay bucks. So maybe you missed the checkbox, or it doesn't show up properly in the app. The bucks should still be there.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:49 AM

So maybe I am just a total technology-moron and none of the following is accurate (a real possibility), but I was able to use Ebay bucks last night (on a Lawrence Taylor Rc PSA 9), however, I believe it was only bc I paid with payPal. In other words, Ebay apparently would not let me use Ebay bucks when I went to use a credit card, even when the credit card is linked to PayPal. But, if/when I paid directly through my PayPal account, with money in my PayPal account, I was permitted to use the ebay bucks. So, if this is accurate, I learned something that I am sure everyone already knew -- Dbay bucks cannot be used when you pay by credit card, even if that card is linked to your PayPal account