NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Robert A

Default Quick ebay question

Basic question.

When you open an unpaid item case against someone, can they still give you negative feedback?

Thanks.

Rob
Old 09-12-2011, 03:06 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

I am not completely sure, but I believe the buyer cannot give you negative feedback if you "win" the unpaid buyer case, where the buyer never pays. However, after you open the case, if the buyer does pay for the item within the alloted timeframe, they can still give you negative or neutral feedback (and low DSR's). If they do neg you in this case, you can still call ebay, and see if you can get this feedback removed as you can argue this was retaliation for opening the case. However, it's not guaranteed ebay will do this, esp if the feedback stated some other problem (like slow shipping). Therefore, for myself, if the buyer does not pay within the time that I specify in the listing (7 days for me), I send them another reminder message over ebay telling the customer that payment is due but asking if they need more time. If after 2-3 days, if there is still no response, then I usually open the case. Many times, immediately after you open the case, the buyer will pay for the card: Link
Old 09-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Robert A

Thanks Gary.

Just another problem with ebay in my opinion.

I've had more and more unpaid items lately. I still can't figure out how they have the time to win multiple items, but decide not to pay or respond to my messages, reminders, invoices, etc.

Rob
Old 09-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Steve Birmingham

If the negative is left before the unpaid item case the negative will be removed. And reinstated if it's paid.

Been through it as a buyer of an item the seller refused to sell. They even removed it while I had a nonperforming seller complaint open against the seller. I had to pay then file as not recieved and wait something like 45 days even with Email backup through Ebays system stating they'd sold it off ebay and never removed the auction.

Steve B
Old 09-12-2011, 04:33 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
I believe the buyer cannot give you negative feedback if you "win" the unpaid buyer case, where the buyer never pays. However, after you open the case, if the buyer does pay for the item within the alloted timeframe, they can still give you negative or neutral feedback (and low DSR's).
That is correct.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:53 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

I’ve got to the point where it just isn’t worth it to sell on eBay anymore. With all the NPBs and with the economy the way it is (lower prices), I just find other ways to sell/trade cards I’m wanting to move (like our B/S/T). I’ve sold 10 items on eBay in the past year.

One thing that is really irritating me lately though are the sellers that take a week (or longer) after payment to mail out an item. If I pay quickly, I expect the item to be mailed quickly. I realize that once it leaves the seller’s hands, it’s up to the post office and he has no control over how long the delivery takes. When I leave feedback (especially DSR’s), I never look at the shipping time, but instead compare when the seller shipped the item as to when I paid. If they ship within 2-3 days, that is fine. Anything after that and they should email the buyer to let them know that there was a problem. I’m very understanding as long as there is communication.

So, I made a purchase from a fellow board member via eBay last week (about $185). The auctions ended on September 4th and I paid the morning of September 6th (the 5th was a holiday). I was hoping the cards would be here by the end of last week, but no such luck. I finally get an email this morning informing me that the seller just mailed the cards today. Why did it take him 8 days after payment to mail my cards? No email, no communication. Since he is a board member, I will leave positive feedback (assuming the cards are as described), but I will ding his DSR’s for Communication and Shipping Time.

You will hardly ever see me rant about eBay and I can’t stand it when others do it either. I think I am entitled to one though. I didn’t want to start a new thread for this so I just posted it here. Anyway, it just seems like this is happening a lot lately where sellers are taking longer and longer to ship. Is this happening to anybody else?
Old 09-14-2011, 08:26 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
I’ve got to the point where it just isn’t worth it to sell on eBay anymore. With all the NPBs and with the economy the way it is (lower prices), I just find other ways to sell/trade cards I’m wanting to move (like our B/S/T). I’ve sold 10 items on eBay in the past year.

One thing that is really irritating me lately though are the sellers that take a week (or longer) after payment to mail out an item. If I pay quickly, I expect the item to be mailed quickly. I realize that once it leaves the seller’s hands, it’s up to the post office and he has no control over how long the delivery takes. When I leave feedback (especially DSR’s), I never look at the shipping time, but instead compare when the seller shipped the item as to when I paid. If they ship within 2-3 days, that is fine. Anything after that and they should email the buyer to let them know that there was a problem. I’m very understanding as long as there is communication.

So, I made a purchase from a fellow board member via eBay last week (about $185). The auctions ended on September 4th and I paid the morning of September 6th (the 5th was a holiday). I was hoping the cards would be here by the end of last week, but no such luck. I finally get an email this morning informing me that the seller just mailed the cards today. Why did it take him 8 days after payment to mail my cards? No email, no communication. Since he is a board member, I will leave positive feedback (assuming the cards are as described), but I will ding his DSR’s for Communication and Shipping Time.

You will hardly ever see me rant about eBay and I can’t stand it when others do it either. I think I am entitled to one though. I didn’t want to start a new thread for this so I just posted it here. Anyway, it just seems like this is happening a lot lately where sellers are taking longer and longer to ship. Is this happening to anybody else?
I agree, David. After a buyer pays me for an item they've won, I make sure that item is shipped the very morning (excluding Sunday, of course). But presently, as a buyer, I am still waiting on items that I paid for over 12 days ago. And no communication from the sellers. In my opinion, there is a new breed of buyers/sellers on Ebay, and it's a breed I can do without when it comes to buying and selling. My 2 cents.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:32 AM
Robert Williams

I've only noticed some of the big sellers (4 Square Corners) taking longer to ship. I have had more a problem with slow paying buyers, IF they even pay at all.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I've only noticed some of the big sellers (4 Square Corners) taking longer to ship. I have had more a problem with slow paying buyers, IF they even pay at all.
Or not paying at all. I've had three of those in the last month. I guess I should be happy the number is only three. And then there's the sellers who never shipped my items to me and I had to wait weeks to get a refund.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:17 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

NPBs are a bunch of crap! I got a feeling the same buyers are doing it to multiple sellers. Whatever happened to 3 strikes and you're gone?

I guess if I ever started selling on ebay again, I would go straight BINs with instant payment required. Anybody have any luck with this method?
Old 09-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Or not paying at all. I've had three of those in the last month. I guess I should be happy the number is only three. And then there's the sellers who never shipped my items to me and I had to wait weeks to get a refund.
I hear ya, last week was my worst week on ebay ever! I had two non payers in one week and I got scammed by a (0) feedback seller for $600 who is no longer registered.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Mike Dugan

Is it hard to block a buyer on eBay? I had a NPB and three weeks ago and have noticed that he does it quite often and still has 100 percent feedback!
Old 09-14-2011, 12:56 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Springs Bathers View Post
Is it hard to block a buyer on eBay? I had a NPB and three weeks ago and have noticed that he does it quite often and still has 100 percent feedback!
There should be a link on your "My Ebay" page to your blocked bidder list.

If you've never used it before however, it might be a bit harder to find and you might have to do a little digging to find it.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:58 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Springs Bathers View Post
My "Blocked" list is well over 150 and counting. Very easy to do.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:05 PM
Mike Dugan

Thanks guys, will get it done tonight! It has not been a big problem since as my wife points out "you buy a lot why don't you sell more?"

I did create a different eBay account to sell on because of problems like this one.