NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 08-13-2016, 08:47 AM
Richard Simon

Default Check out all the recent activity of this scummy seller

http://www.ebay.com/csc/thehafts/m.h..._sop=13&_rdc=1

How can there still be so many dopes in the hobby?
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 08-13-2016 at 08:49 AM.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:05 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

That made me absolutely sick. The forgers that make their stuff for CC have found a new outlet and Ebay...not surprisingly...is 100% complicit.

The people buying these cannot possibly be "in the hobby". These have to be people who know the Halper name (though perhaps not the later sordid details), and who trust Ebay not to allow obvious forgeries on their site. They also obviously don't care about throwing money around.

I have to think that Ebay is going to stop this at some point. Too many people are losing way too much money.

So so sad.

Tom C
Old 08-13-2016, 10:34 AM
Tom
T0m Rus.so

I had a friend who worked for Halper Bros. years ago. He had reams of that stationery that he used to cut up and use for scratch paper. We don't even know that Barry signed those COAs.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:37 AM
Christopher Williams

Default Ebay seller Thehafts Jimmie Foxx Forged Baseball

Ebay seller Thehafts name should be "The Shaft."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jimmie-Foxx-...p2047675.l2557

thehaftsFoxxx-2.jpg

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 08-13-2016 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:42 AM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Ebay seller Thehafts name should be "The Shaft."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jimmie-Foxx-...p2047675.l2557

Attachment 241010
I noticed that and he probably has that as a "hidden" way to let people know he is fleecing them.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:28 AM
Richard Simon

A blind man could follow this trail:
From CC in PA to theshaft in FLA.
To dopes or other crooks on ebay.
Funny how so much crap winds up coming out of FLA.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 08-13-2016, 11:46 AM
Scott

Its really really sad and needs to be stopped.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:50 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
Its really really sad and needs to be stopped.
John Gonzalez and the EMR team at ebay could have stopped it but ebay decided they did not need John or need a team of volunteers to keep the garbage away.
They decided that their commissions were more important than the health of our hobby.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 08-13-2016 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-13-2016, 12:06 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
John Gonzalez and the EMR team at ebay could have stopped it but ebay decided they did not need John or need a team of volunteers to keep the garbage away.
They decided that their commissions were more important than the health of our hobby.
+1
Old 08-13-2016, 12:07 PM
Christopher Williams

Default EBay seller Thehafts Coach's Corner Scott Malack

All of that crap from Ebay seller Thehafts ("The Shaft") no doubt originates from Coach's Corner (Scott Malack & Lee Trythall).
Old 08-13-2016, 02:49 PM
T0m C@rf@gn0

I went to a local "mall show" about six months ago and was talking to a dealer there. Things were going along nicely until he mentioned having attended live auctions at CC. He said it matter-of-factly as if he didn't know any better. He actually told me that after his first few times there, the owners actually told him which items to "stay away from". I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Tom C
Old 08-13-2016, 05:33 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcarfagno View Post
I went to a local "mall show" about six months ago and was talking to a dealer there. Things were going along nicely until he mentioned having attended live auctions at CC. He said it matter-of-factly as if he didn't know any better. He actually told me that after his first few times there, the owners actually told him which items to "stay away from". I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Tom C
Did they tell him to stay away from everything??
--
Old 08-13-2016, 05:56 PM
Scott

Chris used to blame buyers too on h is videos and he is right. I mean, come on. some very tough names. all w DARK sigs on "dirty old balls" with very similar letter formation. People, use your brainpower, if you have any
Old 08-13-2016, 07:57 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Chris used to blame buyers too on h is videos and he is right. I mean, come on. some very tough names. all w DARK sigs on "dirty old balls" with very similar letter formation. People, use your brainpower, if you have any
Simply delusional people.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:13 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

This further shows how many "collectors" never read this site........
Old 08-14-2016, 06:44 AM
octavio ranzola

Quote:
All of that crap from Ebay seller Thehafts ("The Shaft") no doubt originates from Coach's Corner (Scott Malack & Lee Trythall).
Christophers videos were great ,its sad what goes on .ebay is dumping ground for garbage
Old 08-14-2016, 07:20 AM
T0dd M@rcum

I had a buddy who assembled a 1927 Yankees piece of cuts, mostly from CC. He had already completed it and I have not had the heart to tell him.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:01 AM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcard1 View Post
I had a buddy who assembled a 1927 Yankees piece of cuts, mostly from CC. He had already completed it and I have not had the heart to tell him.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:17 AM
Rick

All the signatures, on worn balls, seem to have been done yesterday, and all the signatures seem to be the same size. It's to the point of questioning any involvement in the hobby, maybe just enjoy what you have. Who can you trust?
Old 08-14-2016, 08:22 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTK View Post
All the signatures, on worn balls, seem to have been done yesterday, and all the signatures seem to be the same size. It's to the point of questioning any involvement in the hobby, maybe just enjoy what you have. Who can you trust?
If you are talking about fairly well done fakes I can agree with you. These do not rise to that level however. These are tantamount to someone hand drawing a stick figure image of a dog, and then finding a batch of Charles Schultz letterhead and claiming it is an original Schultz Snoopy sketch.

These are terrible.

Tom C
Old 08-14-2016, 08:50 AM

You would think that the guy would throw a legit Bob Feller or two for appearance purposes, but he is so greedy that he is sticking to the big ticket fraud. Disgraceful.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:10 AM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcarfagno View Post
If you are talking about fairly well done fakes I can agree with you. These do not rise to that level however. These are tantamount to someone hand drawing a stick figure image of a dog, and then finding a batch of Charles Schultz letterhead and claiming it is an original Schultz Snoopy sketch.

These are terrible.

Tom C
I actually am, I'd just read the Rose rookie counterfeit thread, It drives me, (a more novice collector than expert), away from buying. I appreciate the knowledge base here. I've bought a few things from folks here and truly apprecitae when more knowledgeable collectors call things out. If I can see a fraud, it must be bad.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:43 AM
Richard Simon

His stuff is 100% from CC. The crooked forgers of CC who do baseballs are never any good.
At the moment he has no autographs for sale on ebay.
We must keep an eye on this seller and take further actions if he starts to sell more crap.
Maybe multiple reports from many 54 members can get ebay to wake up on this seller.
--
Old 08-14-2016, 09:47 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post
This further shows how many "collectors" never read this site........
I have owned my 52 Topps cards for over 25 yrs now and I didn't know sites like Net54 existed.

I just joined in January of this year.

News of the Cobb find, Gretzky's recent RC price, and numerous other stories are bring people out in droves.

More and more people are entering the hobby everyday and these fraud/con artists know it.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:30 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
They don't have any brains. They are complete and utter boobs & ignoramus's PERIOD BAR NONE.

After further review of my friend Fonzies's old videos calling out the dopey buyers...The play stands as called on the field.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:33 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I have owned my 52 Topps cards for over 25 yrs now and I didn't know sites like Net54 existed.

I just joined in January of this year.

News of the Cobb find, Gretzky's recent RC price, and numerous other stories are bring people out in droves.

More and more people are entering the hobby everyday and these fraud/con artists know it.
welcome to the revolution....get that Prodigy dial up service in Canada going already...It will open a whole new world for you...
Old 08-14-2016, 10:33 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
http://www.ebay.com/csc/thehafts/m.h..._sop=13&_rdc=1

How can there still be so many dopes in the hobby?
Well the item probably comes from a smoke free home. So that part is true. However, you need to be smoking something to list items like this and to buy them

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 08-14-2016 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:34 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
They don't have any brains. They are complete and utter boobs & ignoramus's PERIOD BAR NONE.

After further review of my friend Fonzies's old videos calling out the dopey buyers...The play stands as called on the field.
ROFL,,, Fuddj always tells it like it is.
WTG Chuck
--
Old 08-14-2016, 10:35 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Well the item probably comes from a smoke free home. So that part is true. However, you need to be smoking something to list items like this and to buy them
CC has finally found a way to get their horseshit onto ebay.
--
Old 08-14-2016, 10:35 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
plus I really need that Chick Hafey guy for my collection....This is an anal eddie buyer from the get go, so the knucklehead gets what he deserves...Fake Chick Hafeys...
Old 08-14-2016, 11:14 AM
Christopher Williams

Default Ebay Seller Thehafts (The Shaft) Coach's Corner Auction

That crap is definitely Coach's Corner Auction (Lee Trythall & Scott Malack) garbage.

The seller knows exactly what he is selling.

He calls the source where he purchased them as "reputable."
Old 08-14-2016, 11:56 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
That crap is definitely Coach's Corner Auction (Lee Trythall & Scott Malack) garbage.

The seller knows exactly what he is selling.

He calls the source where he purchased them as "reputable."
His definition of reputable must be from a dictionary that none of us use.
--
Old 08-19-2016, 06:47 PM
Richard Simon

This seller gets more interesting as time goes on.
Now he has three CC fakes and a bunch of JSA witnessed modern autographs.
Too bad ebay does not give a crap but I am reporting those three baseballs and I encourage all here to report them too. Maybe ebay will do something then?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/thehafts/m.h...19.m1438.l2654
--
Old 08-19-2016, 08:37 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

I am amazed whenever I see this stuff at CC or now on this website that these forgers always use the same style pen and ink .
Old 08-19-2016, 09:04 PM
Richard Simon

CC forgers/consignors cannot afford to buy too many pens .
If only the Feds could get that consignor list.
--