NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 08-22-2016, 08:00 PM

Default need help/opinion in buying/returning possible fake reggie white jersey

hello,

i am not a big time collector, so i apologize if i am posting this question in the wrong place. I am a football fan and "collect" items from the eagles to hang in my living room. I have always wanted a signed reggie white jersey, but never could find one i could afford.

last week i found one for $500 with no COA but a 30 day return policy. i bought it, brought it to a card show on sunday and had it authenticated by PSA and it came back fake. They gave 9 different reasons they did not feel it was authentic. it looks very close to all my other items i have of him, but assume now this must be fake. i can send it back and recoup the $500 i spent on the jersey, and would just be out the $140 or so i spent to overnight it, travel to and get it checked.

the truth is, i have other items i bought for a ridiculously low price, and i can not whole heartidly say i beleive it is 100% authentic. i can not afford many things, and sometimes am just happy to have it and look at it myself. if this jersey cost me $100 or $200. it would be on my wall right now and never had even tried to have it authenticated.

when i reached out to the seller he offered for me to send it back for a refund. He has told me he doesn't trust or believe psa/jsa and has personally had things signed himself which were deemed fake. i do see this other places when i look online, but do very much see some of the reasons they said they wont certify it.

i told the seller i would consider keeping the item just not at the $500 price i paid for it and felt the cost of the jersey alone (unsigned) would be fair (100 through ebay to 250 straight from nhl/mitchell and ness). his offer was giving me back $200 (costing me $300).

Am i being completely retarded here to even consider paying for this? is even 150-250 to much to pay. i dont know who to ask about this, and I am just thinking on how long i have looked for and tried to find a jersey of his for something i could afford. I even just missed a previously ebayed jersey that was psa/dna for $500 and why i bought this one (i said if i ever got the chance again i wouldnt think twice and risk loosing it).

thanks for your opinions.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:45 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

First, you should post a photo of the signature. Most likely they are right, but maybe they are wrong. If it is fake, yes you are dumb to keep it. It is a used piece of clothing with a forged signature on it. Get your full amount back.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:06 AM

I tried to get a picture from my phone but cant for some reason. I will upload a pic when i get to work
Old 08-23-2016, 11:17 AM

I know buying it knowing most likely it is not genuine is kind of stupid. I just will never be able to afford a 1000-1500 jersey and feel it will be a super long time before i can or find another in my budget. i was thinking if i only paid the cost of the jersey itself, than when i do find one i can afford or can afford something higher i can replace it and just wear the jersey or something like that. i didnt know if anyone else felt me saying i will give 100-150 for something he originally asked 500 would be "disrespectful"? or ridiculous on his end. If someone in this forum sold things, and this situation arrose, what do they think they would allow the person to keep it for?

i am including the signature, i think someone somewhere asked to see it (i've left this on a few forum)*

Old 08-23-2016, 02:27 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Thanks for the photo. I will tell you it looks better than most of the bad Reggie White stuff out there, but I also don't think it's good. White usually signed a much larger and messier signature which I can post examples later. I would just recoup your full amount.

FYI: PSA will always just default by giving the same reasons for almost all autographs they don't authenticate. With that said, I agree with their assessment