NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-08-2015, 04:55 PM
Richard Simon

Default Can you leave bad feedback for an ebay buyer, even if you click positive,,,

I had a reneger on a recent item for $91.
He ignored two e mail invoices from me and one from ebay and kept accumulating positive feedback on other transactions while I waited to get paid.
Can you leave a negative comment on someone like this even though you do not have an option to click negative?
Has anyone here done that and not gotten an ebay slap?
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 02-08-2015 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:01 PM
Robert Williams

I have had multiple people do that from me. They don't pay, yet continue to pay other people. All you can do is file an unpaid bidder strike. If a buyer collects too many of those, his ability to bid gets hampered by sellers who restrict buyers with too many strikes. Eventually, if he gets enough of them, Ebay gives them the boot.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:01 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Ebay

Richard,

As a seller, you CANNOT leave negative feedback in the literal sense but you can leave a Positive Feedback with a negative comment.

I have avoided this as it quite frankly looks weird.

The fact that sellers can't leave negatives is just another Ebay "Buyer" protection as you will.

You obviously can apply for your refund on the seller fees and block him/her from bidding on your items in the future (both of which I use every time there is a non payer). It will save you headaches down the road.

Peace, Mike

Last edited by vthobby; 02-08-2015 at 05:02 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:04 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Can you leave a negative comment on someone like this even though you do not have an option to click negative?
Has anyone here done that and not gotten an ebay slap?
I think you can, but I've also heard of buyers having them removed.

Not much you can do other than file a NPB and move on.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:06 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtgmsc View Post
Richard,

As a seller, you CANNOT leave negative feedback in the literal sense but you can leave a Positive Feedback with a negative comment.

I have avoided this as it quite frankly looks weird.

The fact that sellers can't leave negatives is just another Ebay "Buyer" protection as you will.

You obviously can apply for your refund on the seller fees and block him/her from bidding on your items in the future (both of which I use every time there is a non payer). It will save you headaches down the road.

Peace, Mike
I agree with you in that it looks weird. I will get my refund and will give him a strike. It really is not fair, not allowing sellers to leave a negative. What was ebay's reasoning for that ?
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 02-08-2015 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:29 PM

I do this frequently. The one thing I do is type something like "HORRIBLE" or "AWFUL" or "BEWARE" in all caps. I do frequently check buyers' feedback when they make me an offer, and sometimes have seen other sellers do the same thing. The caps catch my eye, since I can't look for an actual negative feedback.

Be sure to do this BEFORE closing your unpaid item case. After the case is closed you can no longer leave feedback. I usually open the case, wait the appropriate time, and when it's time to close the case, I leave feedback and then immediately close the case so they cannot leave any kind of retaliatory feedback, or pay just to spite me.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:46 PM
Banned

Last edited by Rollingstone206; 02-25-2015 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Reasoning...

Quote:
I agree with you in that it looks weird. I will get my refund and will give him a strike. It really is not fair, not allowing sellers to leave a negative. What was ebay's reasoning for that ?
Richard,

I have bought and sold on Ebay for 14 years now and they have progressively gotten worse towards sellers. Of course there are some VERY bad ones out there that spoil it for the good ones but their reasoning as far as I can surmise is to always favor the buyer. In this way, they look favorably towards buyers and act in favor of them which in turn churns the beast.

I look at it from mostly a seller side where the buyers need sellers right?

Ebay just does not care and their reasoning as far as I'm concerned is flawed.

I am recently having better luck pushing items to some of the larger consignors. I pay them a very minimal fee above what it would cost me anyway and they deal with all of the hassles! Win win!

Someone above mentioned there is a way to actually leave a real negative feedback as a seller but it is simply not true. As discussed, you can leave a Positive with negative comments but like we both agree, it looks a bit strange.

Peace, Mike

Last edited by vthobby; 02-08-2015 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingstone206 View Post
Leaving negative comments in positive feedback is against Ebay policy and you can have it removed if reported. In addition the person violating policy can be suspended.
Could you please show me where in the rules it is a violation? I've looked at length over the years and never found anything. I have seen people saying that it is a policy breach, but have never actually found the policy it breaches.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:41 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by polakoff View Post
Could you please show me where in the rules it is a violation? I've looked at length over the years and never found anything. I have seen people saying that it is a policy breach, but have never actually found the policy it breaches.
Click on the "help & contact" link at the top of any page then in the search field type:
"leaving negative remarks in positive feedback policy violation"

Then click on "our rules" link. They (Ebay) are wishy washy on this (big surprise) but if a buyer even thinks they were wronged in a feedback then all they need to do is click on the complaint button to big brother. Guess which side they will take?

Mike

Last edited by vthobby; 02-08-2015 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:42 PM

Yes, but it's not concrete and so I think they'd have no ground to stand on for a suspension (though I've heard of it supposedly happening before)
Old 02-08-2015, 07:36 PM
Christopher Williams

I once left "Negative" Positive Feedback and not only did Ebay remove my "Negative" comment, they emailed a warning to me.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:13 PM
An$on

Quote:
eBay's reasoning, from what I have gathered over the years in talking with their people, is to discourage retaliatory feedback. Before, if a buyer left a negative feedback mark against a seller, the seller would often retaliate against the buyer and leave them a negative as well.

eBay pretty much has decided that if a buyer pays for an item, they are not in any way, in the wrong. Even if they refused to read an item's description and are completely unreasonable, as long as they paid for the item, they are golden.

The problem is that there is no way to tell if a buyer has a reputation of not paying for items since a seller cannot record feedback against them. You cannot see if a person has a history of not paying for items. The best eBay will do is, as others have pointed out, block them from bidding.

It's also worth pointing out that eBay's bidder restriction settings are an absolute joke. You CAN set bidder restrictions, but can only block someone with negative feedback - they literally need to have at least a -1 for you to block them. And, of course, since buyers cannot receive negative feedback, the only people that would have a negative is someone who was a seller and received one. You cannot even set a restriction to stop people with a zero rating from bidding. Your only alternative is to block specific bidders...which you would only know about after having a bad experience, of course.

But no, the system's not flawed at all. Not one bit.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:31 PM
Mike Navarro

Quote:
Originally Posted by polakoff View Post
Yes, but it's not concrete and so I think they'd have no ground to stand on for a suspension (though I've heard of it supposedly happening before)
Unfortunately, they don't need a ground to stand on. It's their show and they know it and they'll choose to interpret and enforce/not enforce things on their own whims. Sellers don't have leverage or enough chutzpah to effectively do anything about it.

Mike