NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-10-2017, 07:28 PM

Default Storing T206's

I want to solicit some opinions on how to store my T206's. I have mostly raw cards, I'm keeping them 15 to a page in plastic sheets. As of now, I have them pretty much in the order I got them. The first 15 T206's I ever got are in the first page in the binder, etc...

I dont want to constantly handle them and move them from sheet to sheet every time I get a new card... But now that my Monster Number is increasing, I'm having a hard time finding cards, keeping track, etc...

So my questions are these: How do you guys store raw cards?.. What order do you sort them in?

Thanks

-Phil
Old 05-10-2017, 08:44 PM
David Kathman

I keep most of my raw T-cards and N-cards (sports and non-sport) in Card Saver II's, with some in toploaders with a penny sleeve if that's how I got them. I have many of them stored vertically in three big cardboard boxes, two rows each, so I can flip through them, sort them, and add new cards as necesssry. But those boxes became filled a while ago, so now most of the raw cards I've gotten in the past year and a half or so (mostly T206s, but with quite a few T212s, T205s, etc etc.) are in several big stacks of my desk. Just part of the cleaning and organizing that's overdue.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:48 AM
D@vid Mor1@rty

I have mine in penny sleeves and top loaders. I then store them alphabetically in plastic 3X5 index card holders from right to left. You can fit about 100 cards in a holder that way.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:03 AM
R Dixon

Default Binder

I keep all my cards in a binder. I'm working on a set so I've been putting my T206 where they would go when my set's complete so I don't move them around too much. If you're going to use the 15 card pages, you should get a set of stamp tongs for easier handling. I've also seen some people put them in top loaders and then in 9 card pages. That works ok for a collection, but it's too thick for a T206 set.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:45 AM

I had the same problem as the OP. Solved it by entering each card into an Excel sheet. Info includes front, back condition, approx. value, and location. I can now easily determine (for example) that a particular card resides on page 7 in pocket #12, or in my display cabinet, or another specified location. As a bonus I have a general idea of the value of my collection.
--Dave
Old 05-11-2017, 10:58 AM
Steve Birmingham

I keep mine in penny sleeves in toploaders. I used to keep them in pages, but I've gradually been moving everything out of pages. The few graded ones are in their own place.

The spreadsheet is a good idea, I used the superset spreadsheet, and removed the info from most of the fields. I just put an h in the box for ones I have, and the grade if it's graded. I've also made spreadsheets for a bunch of my more modern sets.

Steve B
Old 05-11-2017, 12:16 PM
Gary McNabb

Default Storing my collection

I have nothing but un-slabbed cards. I was not collecting for about ten years and missed whole transition to the importance of slabbed cardboard . I use a 3-ring binder and than use tobacco card size plastic sleeves with tobacco size top loaders. I put them into 9 pocket pages. I've recently been researching better binders and found this company who I plan on investing in their products to safeguard my cards.....

https://www.archivalmethods.com/prod...-slip-case-set
https://issuu.com/archivalmethods/do...68896/39040999

I'm also going to try out these new 9 pocket pages that have the security flaps over the top of the pockets so the cards don't slip out.....

http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info...oducts_id=3940

Share your Yankees....
https://www.facebook.com/groups/554519474738304/
Share my Yankees.....
https://www.flickr.com/photos/151843924@N04/albums
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fullsizeoutput_718.jpg (20.0 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpg fullsizeoutput_71a.jpg (20.1 KB, 208 views)
Old 05-11-2017, 09:26 PM

Default Great Ideas

Loving the responses and ideas so far.. I'll definitely be incorporating some into my storage practices.

Keep the solutions coming...

Thx
Old 05-12-2017, 07:43 AM
Gary McNabb

Default Storage raw cards

Also found this very interesting to safely store raw cards.......

https://www.archivalmethods.com/prod...lio-binder-box

Share your Yankees....
https://www.facebook.com/groups/554519474738304/
Share my Yankees.....
https://www.flickr.com/photos/151843924@N04/albums
Old 05-12-2017, 12:18 PM
J0N PEDEℜSѺN

My father-in-law makes custom boxes for cards:

DakotaWoodCrafts Website

The 'T206' box is one of my favorites. Perfect for raw cards! He offers Net54 discounts to what is listed.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:53 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdixon1208 View Post
I keep all my cards in a binder....I've also seen some people put them in top loaders and then in 9 card pages. That works ok for a collection, but it's too thick for a T206 set.
As simple of an idea as this is, I never thought about doing it before. Those tobacco card size top loaders are small enough to fit into the 9 card pages, and they look pretty good in there (I just experimented). Most of my Obaks and T205s are graded so far, but most of the ones I will eventually own won't be. The one I experimented with looked pretty good in the 9 card page. A regular Ultra Pro binder would probably be good enough if the cards were safe in the top loader. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:13 AM
Dan Bl@u

Like Gary, I store my raw tobacco/caramels in tobacco-sized penny sleeves and toploaders, then put into 9-pocket pages. But I use pages for mini-size cards, which are the same size as regular pages, but have divider sections. This keeps the toploaders straighter and they stay in place better. I also highly recommend the binders he linked through Archival Methods - I have three of them, and they're great.

Old 05-13-2017, 10:02 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliggity View Post
Like Gary, I store my raw tobacco/caramels in tobacco-sized penny sleeves and toploaders, then put into 9-pocket pages. But I use pages for mini-size cards, which are the same size as regular pages, but have divider sections. This keeps the toploaders straighter and they stay in place better. I also highly recommend the binders he linked through Archival Methods - I have three of them, and they're great.

Cool, can you provide a link for those pages?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2017, 10:07 AM
Dan Bl@u

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
Cool, can you provide a link for those pages?
Here they are on eBay

I think Ultra Pro may not make these anymore, so I ordered a bunch last time I got them.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:07 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Thanks! Just bought a few.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by vintagebaseballcardguy; 05-13-2017 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:28 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

nice display in the pages...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliggity View Post