NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-26-2017, 07:25 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Battlefield - New Descriptions

Good ole miss battlefield seems to be getting her act together a bit better. Read the descriptions . These might have been pulled had they been like they were before. I think she is CYA'ing....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TY-COBB-RED-...gAAOSwE0JZADF0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TY-COBB-GREE...IAAOSw53NZADBA

Old 04-26-2017, 07:30 AM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

Yeah, it does seem like a CYA:

"Please note that if the card was to be submitted for professional grading that it would likely receive a grade of "Authentic" rather than a numerical grade. It measures the correct 1 7/16" from side to side but is slightly short of the standard 2 5/8" from top to bottom. The card has never been professionally graded so please bid accordingly."

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/gregr2
Old 04-26-2017, 09:17 AM
Ben

But the card is still photoshopped, correct?
Old 04-26-2017, 09:40 AM
Ben

Don't believe that the card has never been graded either
Old 04-26-2017, 09:45 AM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageBen View Post
PSA and/or SGC are probably tired of seeing these cards.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregr2 View Post
PSA and/or SGC are probably tired of seeing these cards.

Why? They get paid each time.

It's easy to say "no good; thank you for the money."
Old 04-26-2017, 09:59 AM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMPEP View Post
Why? They get paid each time.

It's easy to say "no good; thank you for the money."
Oh, I'm not saying they don't get paid and for that I'm sure they love it. It was just a reference to how many times they've probably seen these cards.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:34 AM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

The description can be confusing if you glance at it and don't read the whole thing.

Lets dissect it:

All items are 100% authentic & unaltered unless otherwise specified in the description. Almost everything always starts at $0.99 with no reserve so please check out our other auctions!

Up for auction is a 1909-11 T206 Ty Cobb (Green Portrait) #97 vintage baseball card. This card has a Sweet Caporal Back. This card is in wonderful condition! It is 100% authentic guaranteed! This card has no creases, 4 strong corners, near perfect centering, beautiful color, awesome eye appeal, and a beautiful clean back. There are no pinholes, markings, paper loss, or any damage of that kind. Please note that if the card was to be submitted for professional grading that it would likely receive a grade of "Authentic" rather than a numerical grade. This is just our opinion as the card does measure exactly 1 7/16" x 2 5/8" and has never been professionally graded. Please bid accordingly. You won't find another seller starting this card in this condition at $0.99 with no reserve! This card would be a great addition to any vintage collection. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them.

These items are impossible to combine together. It is easy to see how one could read this and still think that that the card may get a high grade, bid accordingly. The only thing being put in there is that they believe it may be authentic, for absolutely no legitimate reason, short of saying this card is likely trimmed.

Last edited by PhillipAbbott79; 04-26-2017 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:38 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

They said it will likely grade AUTHENTIC. That is enough for me (not that I make any decisions) though I do agree they are still dodging true and accurate facts and transparency. But if they say it will probably grade AUTHENTIC and someone buys it and it does, I wouldn't have much sympathy and I can't imagine a court would either. Again, we are in agreement they should word it differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipAbbott79 View Post
The description can be confusing if you glance at it and don't read the whole thing.

Lets dissect it:

All items are 100% authentic & unaltered unless otherwise specified in the description. Almost everything always starts at $0.99 with no reserve so please check out our other auctions!

Up for auction is a 1909-11 T206 Ty Cobb (Green Portrait) #97 vintage baseball card. This card has a Sweet Caporal Back. This card is in wonderful condition! It is 100% authentic guaranteed! This card has no creases, 4 strong corners, near perfect centering, beautiful color, awesome eye appeal, and a beautiful clean back. There are no pinholes, markings, paper loss, or any damage of that kind. Please note that if the card was to be submitted for professional grading that it would likely receive a grade of "Authentic" rather than a numerical grade. This is just our opinion as the card does measure exactly 1 7/16" x 2 5/8" and has never been professionally graded. Please bid accordingly. You won't find another seller starting this card in this condition at $0.99 with no reserve! This card would be a great addition to any vintage collection. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them.

These items are impossible to combine together. It is easy to see how one could read this and still think that that the card may get a high grade, bid accordingl.y The only thing being put in there is that they believe it may be authentic, for absolutely no legitimate reason, short of saying this card is likely trimmed.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:32 AM

All items are 100% authentic & unaltered unless otherwise specified in the description. All items have also been photoshopped for your convenience.

Brian
Old 04-26-2017, 11:39 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipAbbott79 View Post

Lets dissect it:

These items are impossible to combine together. It is easy to see how one could read this and still think that that the card may get a high grade, bid accordingly. The only thing being put in there is that they believe it may be authentic, for absolutely no legitimate reason, short of saying this card is likely trimmed.
Well if you're gonna get all logical and stuff...

Fake news! Fake news!

What, too soon?

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 04-26-2017, 12:39 PM
E®© Eńlø

Location: Home of the 11-Time World Champion St. Louis Cardinals

Quote:
But the card is still photoshopped, correct?
All of battlefields cards are photoshopped
Old 05-03-2017, 05:10 AM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Looks like they are having friends and family inflate pricing on their auctions now also. The PSA 4 Cobb PSA MK that sold April 22nd is back for sale.

Bought by someone with a feed back score of 3, immediately back on the market.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:48 AM

Prior to finding out about Battlefields on this board, I won 6 EPDG t206s in one of their auctions. Couldn't really believe I was scoring mint looking cards for under $100 each. Anyway, I sent the cards to PSA and they all came back "minimum grade" and not in holders. Steaming, I immediately contacted BF and threatened poor EBay feedback if they did not refund me.

The refunded me right away after I returned the cards. Of course I lost the $88 I paid PSA, but still I was satisfied after the refund and I decided to never buy from them again. But I always look at what their selling.

I can't believe how many time this green Cobb has been sold, returned, and relisted.

During my communication with BF, I expressed to them that these cards would still sell if the listing indicated cards where potentially trimmed. I own dozens of "A" t206s that I love due to bold colors. I believe they are now somewhat more forthcoming with their listings and all should bid accordingly.

I would love to own that Cobb even if it is an "A". But what would I be willing to pay? Probably about $500.

I'm not defending BF. I'm just sharing that they did issue me a refund without any hesitation. I refer to BF as "they" because after reading all the posts here, I'm not really sure who they/she is/are. I mean, there is some speculation that Carol? is deceased, even though her name is on all mailings.

Another note about my purchase form them. One card clearly had a small speck of paper loss on the front of the card. Even though the listing had the same "near mint, no crease, no blah, blah, blah" in it, the scan very clearly showed the paper loss - it was not photo shopped out. I won the card for $26 and it came back from PSA as a "3".

While I mainly only deal in T206s, it is very interesting how they seem to come up with tons and tons of really sharp cards. And considering all of their feedback, most of the buyers are happy with them.

I ultimately left positive feedback as I was satisfied with communication and refund. I also did not want to get into a pissing contest with them or have them leave poor feedback for me - I proudly stand at 100% positive.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:58 AM
Robert Williams

I have had "authentic" cards get numeric grades from a different grader. True story.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:11 PM
Sam Sw@rtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
Prior to finding out about Battlefields on this board, I won 6 EPDG t206s in one of their auctions. Couldn't really believe I was scoring mint looking cards for under $100 each. Anyway, I sent the cards to PSA and they all came back "minimum grade" and not in holders. Steaming, I immediately contacted BF and threatened poor EBay feedback if they did not refund me.

The refunded me right away after I returned the cards. Of course I lost the $88 I paid PSA, but still I was satisfied after the refund and I decided to never buy from them again. But I always look at what their selling.

I can't believe how many time this green Cobb has been sold, returned, and relisted.

During my communication with BF, I expressed to them that these cards would still sell if the listing indicated cards where potentially trimmed. I own dozens of "A" t206s that I love due to bold colors. I believe they are now somewhat more forthcoming with their listings and all should bid accordingly.

I would love to own that Cobb even if it is an "A". But what would I be willing to pay? Probably about $500.

I'm not defending BF. I'm just sharing that they did issue me a refund without any hesitation. I refer to BF as "they" because after reading all the posts here, I'm not really sure who they/she is/are. I mean, there is some speculation that Carol? is deceased, even though her name is on all mailings.

Another note about my purchase form them. One card clearly had a small speck of paper loss on the front of the card. Even though the listing had the same "near mint, no crease, no blah, blah, blah" in it, the scan very clearly showed the paper loss - it was not photo shopped out. I won the card for $26 and it came back from PSA as a "3".

While I mainly only deal in T206s, it is very interesting how they seem to come up with tons and tons of really sharp cards. And considering all of their feedback, most of the buyers are happy with them.

I ultimately left positive feedback as I was satisfied with communication and refund. I also did not want to get into a pissing contest with them or have them leave poor feedback for me - I proudly stand at 100% positive.
I appreciate someone positing an alternative point of view based on their experience. What I don't understand is leaving POSITIVE feedback when the cards were not as advertised, you lost grading fees, shipping fees, and time. How is that a remotely positive experience? At best, I can understand neutral or not leaving feedback at all, but positive?

Also, buyers don't receive negative feedback anymore for this reason. So that buyers can honestly evaluate a transaction without fear of retribution.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:31 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalman View Post
I appreciate someone positing an alternative point of view based on their experience. What I don't understand is leaving POSITIVE feedback when the cards were not as advertised, you lost grading fees, shipping fees, and time. How is that a remotely positive experience? At best, I can understand neutral or not leaving feedback at all, but positive?

Also, buyers don't receive negative feedback anymore for this reason. So that buyers can honestly evaluate a transaction without fear of retribution.
Which stinks....why should I have a bidder who never paid for my auction that caused me lost time and lost money NOT receive a negative???
Old 05-03-2017, 03:41 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Just not sent in by BF.......
Old 05-13-2017, 08:09 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcardzman View Post
All of battlefields cards are photoshopped
Yep, even slabbed cards it seems. Cobb bat on shoulder, 2-5 down. She currently has a bunch of 52 Topps cards raw and some slabbed. One would think, who didn't know about her, that these would be a 100% legit and because they are slabbed, would think the cards are as they appear.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...e&interval=365

Last edited by irv; 05-13-2017 at 08:09 AM.