NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 12:36 PM
C.hris Bl.and

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
kenny-i couldn't agree more. While in the short term this type of thread may increase the site's page views, it will lead to the departure of the very people who can add knowledge of vintage cards to this forum.
+100

Type 1 photos of baseball HOFers
N172 Old Judge Portraits

Will buy or trade for the above. Check out my cards at:

www.imageevent.com/crb972
Old 05-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
The horse hasn't been dead that long...this activity was taking place only a month ago. Don't come on our board complaining about cyber stalking and that your transgressions are all in the past and apologized for when the past is only a few weeks ago.

If Joey is going to take Kurt to court then just do it. His past makes him a huge target here, and when his past is only a month ago it's fair game to beat that "dead horse".
Just so you know Ive sold hundreds of cards and delivered every single one of those cards with the exception of the T206 Ty cobb psa 2. For some reason that was one card I kept changing my mind about. I had 100% feedback on ebay until I had a issue with the T206 cobb. Ive sold many cards to people on this forum and the psa forum. I have never taken anyones money or ripped anyone off. Was not honoring the deal for the Cobb wrong? Yes definitely. I take full blame for that. Did I lie to Dan Mckee 2 yrs ago to return the babe ruth card I bought from him? Yes. I have already spoken to Dan and we're square.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:50 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
Is this Kirk Keith guy even a member of this board? I don't recall seeing his name either. Not sure why this needed to be done here (but I respect Leon's judgement as I doubt I am fully aware of the goings on here).

Eric, I have no problem with someone trying to clear their name but to start throwing stones at someone on a forum and having these types of skeletons in your past is a bit hypocritical. I hope Joey does turn over a new leaf and doesn't lie to collectors I call friends, but he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt until his future actions bear this out.
Yes, Kirk (hi Kirk) is a member here. He has posted 291 times. He has been registered on this board for over 4 yrs. He is most likely on the board now.

A few points I want to make. I don't have anything against Kirk except for him bringing someone to the last Net54 dinner that wasn't interested in the dinner or speakers and made a small commotion. That wasn't really Kirk's fault and he apologized for his guest. No big deal.

Also, I in no way condone what things Joey (hi Joey) has done. I don't think his trading practices are ones we need on our BST and for the foreseeable future he won't be on it. Backing out of all of those deals, the lies etc,...etc....not cool at all. Still, I don't personally dislike Joey. I think he needs to change his ways, big-time though.

And for those that don't like this thread being here....Here is a short message I just sent to another forum member via email that pretty well sums it up.

"The reason I let the thread go is that I think even a guilty guy should get to defend himself. The guy did a ton wrong but was accused of a ton more and couldn't defend himself...to me that is not cool at all. But some members don't like it and I understand that too.."
Old 05-26-2013, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Yes, Kirk (hi Kirk) is a member here. He has posted 291 times. He has been registered on this board for over 4 yrs. He is most likely on the board now.

A few points I want to make. I don't have anything against Kirk except for him bringing someone to the last Net54 dinner that wasn't interested in the dinner or speakers and made a small commotion. That wasn't really Kirk's fault and he apologized for his guest. No big deal.

Also, I in no way condone what things Joey (hi Joey) has done. I don't think his trading practices are ones we need on our BST and for the foreseeable future he won't be on it. Backing out of all of those deals, the lies etc,...etc....not cool at all. Still, I don't personally dislike Joey. I think he needs to change his ways, big-time though.

And for those that don't like this thread being here....Here is a short message I just sent to another forum member via email that pretty well sums it up.

"The reason I let the thread go is that I think even a guilty guy should get to defend himself. The guy did a ton wrong but was accused of a ton more and couldn't defend himself...to me that is not cool at all. But some members don't like it and I understand that too.."
Hi Leon! I appreciate the chance to at least "try" and confront him, but it looks like he has no response. He's probably trying to come up with names of the 4-5 people I supposedly threatened. I know he's seen this thread. He text me yesterday and made a comment about it. He's quick to start threads about me on the psa boards, but when actually confronted to show proof he clams up and cant respond because he knows he's fabricated these specific stories.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:08 PM

Hi Joey, I am still waiting on the logs you told me you would provide me with last night.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
Hi Joey, I am still waiting on the logs you told me you would provide me with last night.
Thats between me and you. Id appreciate you emailing me like we talked about
Old 05-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Banned

i think if you back out of a deal like the cobb card that tells people everything they need to know about you. a deal's a deal! anyone does that to me, and that is it for them, on my permanent "do not deal with" list. i personally know of no friends of mine that have ever reneged on a deal like that just because they like something and changed their mind. it's ridiculous.

even when something is started out at auction at 1 dollar and goes for a very low amount, way lower than expected, both I and my friends still sell the item even if we know we could get more elsewhere. it's called integrity and honesty and honoring one's word. and if someone we knew didnt do that, we wouldn't remember his name the next day for sure, and wouldn't bother doing business with them ever again.

It's happened to me. some guy playing games didnt honor their word. both here in U.S. and abroad, and I don't have the time of day for them anymore. And if I read someone has done this in the past, I would avoid them no matter what they had for sale. Be a man and honor your commitments. It's party of the code of the hobby.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
i think if you back out of a deal like the cobb card that tells people everything they need to know about you. a deal's a deal! anyone does that to me, and that is it for them, on my permanent "do not deal with" list. i personally know of no friends of mine that have ever reneged on a deal like that just because they like something and changed their mind. it's ridiculous.

even when something is started out at auction at 1 dollar and goes for a very low amount, way lower than expected, both I and my friends still sell the item even if we know we could get more elsewhere. it's called integrity and honesty and honoring one's word. and if someone we knew didnt do that, we wouldn't remember his name the next day for sure, and wouldn't bother doing business with them ever again.

It's happened to me. some guy playing games didnt honor their word. both here in U.S. and abroad, and I don't have the time of day for them anymore. And if I read someone has done this in the past, I would avoid them no matter what they had for sale. Be a man and honor your commitments. It's party of the code of the hobby.
Its not murder dude!! Take it easy!
Old 05-26-2013, 01:31 PM
Steven Finley

Would it help if everyone just mutually agreed that you are a bad below average seller, but likely never robbed a hobby shop?

Last edited by sbfinley; 05-26-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:44 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Joey makes Adrian look like a 5 Star Model Member! Dave.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:44 PM
Rhett Yeakley

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyF1981 View Post
You're right it's not murder but what you are doing is simply deflecting, what you have engaged in is more serious to people here than apparently it is to you and that speaks volumes. You say you are sorry but you don't really act like someone who is. I will not respond anymore to this thread as it isn't worth my time but I have little faith in your ability to act like an honorable person in this hobby. IMO you only get one chance to ruin your reputation, you have done this rather well and completely, once destroyed others get to decide whether you are worth trusting again. Saying things like "nobody died", "It' not murder dude!", "it's been like an hour since I screwed someone over" aren't the phrases used by someone serious about changing their way of acting. (obviously only one of those last quotes was yours but you get my point).

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562

Last edited by rhettyeakley; 05-26-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:50 PM
Joe S
J.oe Squi.res

I'm too lazy to read 22 pages of shouting and accusations. Can. Someone please tell me who I'm supposed to be angry at?
Old 05-26-2013, 01:52 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post

even when something is started out at auction at 1 dollar and goes for a very low amount, way lower than expected, both I and my friends still sell the item even if we know we could get more elsewhere. it's called integrity and honesty and honoring one's word. and if someone we knew didnt do that, we wouldn't remember his name the next day for sure, and wouldn't bother doing business with them ever .

. Couldn't agree more. You make a deal and a better offer/bid comes along too bad you honor what you agreed to. I don't know how anyone in good conscience can argue against that. Also, I'm not too thrilled with that murder comment, that cavalier attitude speaks for itself.

Last edited by iwantitiwinit; 05-26-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:12 PM
Steven Finley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Publius View Post
I'm too lazy to read 22 pages of shouting and accusations. Can. Someone please tell me who I'm supposed to be angry at?
Joey is mad at Kirk for accusing him of cracking a comic book and listing it as a higher grade and possibly robbing a hobby shop. Joey wants these allegations to stop. Multiple members then spoke out about bad business deals with Joey that seemingly continue up to the present. Those bad dealings, however, are between Joey and those specified members and are none of our business. Joey is sorry he lied to back out of deals and did not commit bodily harm against anyone that we know of.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Ken McMillan

Reminds me of a bad soap opera. We can call it "As the Stomach Turns" or "That Days of Joey Farino's lives". LOL
Old 05-26-2013, 03:14 PM

Default A salute to the "Temptations"

"Suicide, too many bills, hippies moving to the hills, people all over the world are shouting end the war. And the band played on!" SAM MAJORS
Old 05-26-2013, 03:41 PM
David Pierson
Banned

"Trouble Coming Every Day" Zappa.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0399.jpg (18.7 KB, 414 views)
Old 05-26-2013, 03:45 PM
Rob Ruddy

Quote:
The government?
Old 05-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
If you take the time to read the entire thread you might learn how to make this thread only 6 pages instead of 22.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
If you take the time to read the entire thread you might learn how to make this thread only 6 pages instead of 22.
But it sounds better when I say I have to read 22 pages instead of 6
Old 05-26-2013, 05:00 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Junkie View Post
"Trouble Coming Every Day" Zappa.
David, I got that. Do you like the Roxy And Elsewhere version? I was actually at the Roxy for one of those evenings. I know I have the stub somewhere in the bottom of a box, stored at my ex's place. (It was HER fault).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 220px-Zappa_Roxy_&_Elsewhere.jpg (13.3 KB, 450 views)
Old 05-26-2013, 05:05 PM
Adam Goldenberg

Default 15 minutes

In my opinion this jokers 15 minutes of fame are up !! I have officially banned this thread (now) and him from my list of things to read and people to deal with. I wish him luck in getting his head right and hope to not bump into a future alias. Boy did the CU site kill him !! Yikes !!
Old 05-26-2013, 05:07 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Yeah, love all Zappa, but the earlier the better. Saw the Mothers many times starting in 1966 at Motor City Roller Rink. Hit all the Grande Ballroom shows from 67 to 72ish. The best place was "The Chessmate", Howlin Wolf for 1.25 and there were about 10 people there. Unreal! Dave.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:25 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Junkie View Post
Yeah, love all Zappa, but the earlier the better. Saw the Mothers many times starting in 1966 at Motor City Roller Rink. Hit all the Grande Ballroom shows from 67 to 72ish. The best place was "The Chessmate", Howlin Wolf for 1.25 and there were about 10 people there. Unreal! Dave.
Was at Pauley Pavilion for Just Another Band From L.A. Magdalena rules!, as does Aynsley Dunbar.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:18 PM
NewEnglandBaseBallist

I've stepped in piles of stuff at the park that are more important and interesting than this whole thread.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:30 PM
Rich Klein

Default Remind me

never to tell Leon at lunch that the board has been unusally quiescent lately.

Rich
Old 05-26-2013, 07:36 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfinley View Post
Joey is mad at Kirk for accusing him of cracking a comic book and listing it as a higher grade and possibly robbing a hobby shop. Joey wants these allegations to stop. Multiple members then spoke out about bad business deals with Joey that seemingly continue up to the present. Those bad dealings, however, are between Joey and those specified members and are none of our business. Joey is sorry he lied to back out of deals and did not commit bodily harm against anyone that we know of.
Leon, can you remove everything else and just leave this condensed version. We needed you earlier sbfinley. Your version would have saved a lot of time for everyone.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradedcardman View Post
In my opinion this jokers 15 minutes of fame are up !! I have officially banned this thread (now) and him from my list of things to read and people to deal with. I wish him luck in getting his head right and hope to not bump into a future alias. Boy did the CU site kill him !! Yikes !!
I dont feel like I got killed on anything. I already was fully aware of the mistakes i made how some people feel about me. My life isnt based on this forum in the least bit. I still continue to sell and buy cards without any issues. The way any of you feel isnt affecting me because I dont know any of you. Ive apologized to those I did wrong. The rest of you can say whatever you want. I didnt come on here to make friends. I came on here to confront someone.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
You're right it's not murder but what you are doing is simply deflecting, what you have engaged in is more serious to people here than apparently it is to you and that speaks volumes. You say you are sorry but you don't really act like someone who is. I will not respond anymore to this thread as it isn't worth my time but I have little faith in your ability to act like an honorable person in this hobby. IMO you only get one chance to ruin your reputation, you have done this rather well and completely, once destroyed others get to decide whether you are worth trusting again. Saying things like "nobody died", "It' not murder dude!", "it's been like an hour since I screwed someone over" aren't the phrases used by someone serious about changing their way of acting. (obviously only one of those last quotes was yours but you get my point).
So are you really gonna sit here and act like no one on here has made mistakes or done things theyre not proud of? it takes a man to admit and learn from your mistakes. I made mistakes that involve baseball cards. I guarantee im not the only one whos done wrong. I have learned from this and will move on.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:48 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
,,,, I didnt come on here to make friends.....
Mission Accomplished

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Mission Accomplished
thanks bud
Old 05-26-2013, 08:57 PM
Steven

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 22 Vaughan.jpg (49.6 KB, 449 views)
Old 05-26-2013, 09:22 PM
Craig M

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 22222.JPG (10.2 KB, 436 views)
Old 05-26-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig M View Post
Big brother is watching.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:27 PM

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG_0003.jpg (15.7 KB, 403 views)
Old 05-26-2013, 11:21 PM
Craig M

nice Chuck, I think we've got too much time on our hands!
Old 05-27-2013, 12:57 AM

Yes, for tonight, but we're focusing on the cards.

(and thanks)
Old 05-27-2013, 01:01 AM
Rob Ruddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig M View Post
Casey?
Old 05-27-2013, 01:01 AM
Rob Ruddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW View Post
Speaker?
Old 05-27-2013, 07:09 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

So the fair shake was given. I don't believe Joey ( Hi Joey) did the things that the certain person accused him of. I do believe Joey made a ton of mistakes but I still haven't heard anyone say he ripped them off. One could look at what he did as ripping people off but technically it's not. Still not cool and what is done is done. Everyone knows my thoughts. I want to get back to pre-WWII vintage cards so this is being locked. Happy collecting!!