NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyF1981 View Post
Ive admitted to what ive done. I lied to dan mckee, backed out of some deals, and lied in the past to purchase a card. sh*t is bad but theres nothing I can do about what I did then. Im here to call out kirk because his accusations are very serious. Im not looking for anyones sympathy. Im simply here to prove what kirk said is BS, thats all
You lying and cheating and breaking contracts is also very serious. No one has any interest in giving you sympathy -- why would you even suspect it? You're a degenerate and really shouldn't be permitted on this board because you prey on honest hobbyists. As for Kirk, no one cares. Just go away.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:33 PM

i have asked my wife to hold off on dinner. she has decided to proceed with hers, but i think there is some serious potential in this thread and am prepared to warm mine in the microwave later on this evening. i hope it is not a decision i will regret.

Last edited by boysblue; 05-25-2013 at 04:36 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 05-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsballsbases View Post
Joey,
very hard to come on a public forum and only confront one person that you had a bad dealing with. Where I sit it looks like you opened up a pandora's box of other people that you did something to that wasnt up to par so to speak with "DOING THE RIGHT THING" on a transaction. Maybe you can explain to me why you dont deliver the cards or items that people win. Sellers remorse gets a little old after 10 or 20 times. Yah Know.
Thats only happened twice. Ive delivered every other card on ebay. I had 100% feedback before that. Ive sold a few cards to psa members in the past couple months and they all got their cards no problem
Old 05-25-2013, 04:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
You lying and cheating and breaking contracts is also very serious. No one has any interest in giving you sympathy -- why would you even suspect it? You're a degenerate and really shouldn't be permitted on this board because you prey on honest hobbyists. As for Kirk, no one cares. Just go away.
Thats cool I will go away. I dont want sympathy from anyone. This is about me and kirk.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
I left negative feedback because his feedback was ridiculous
How does one leave negative feedback for a buyer? This is eBay we're talking about, right?
Old 05-25-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Thats cool I will go away. I dont want sympathy from anyone. This is about me and kirk.
oh. in that case i will get on with my dinner.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
How does one leave negative feedback for a buyer? This is eBay we're talking about, right?
His negative feedback was taken off. I left a follow-up comment on the feedback he left for me.
Rhett Yeakley

Quote:
Ive admitted to what ive done. I lied to dan mckee, backed out of some deals, and lied in the past to purchase a card...
Oh, that's all...

Just so you know, this isn't going to go well for you Joey. Those are some serious admissions right there, after admitting you have done those things in the not-so-distant-past why would we care if the "other stuff" this guy is saying is true or not? What you have admitted to is imo just as bad or worse than anything he was accusing you of (whether true or not), thus I have no interest in you or your situation.

You Sir are an admitted liar... end of discussion!

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562
Jeff P0tter

I agree. Go away, you have done similar things to me on the buying side then backing out after making ridiculous excuses. Wasted a ton of my time and cost me a potential buyer too. It's great that you want to apologize, but you are still pulling the lame moves that no one wants a part of. Until that stops, you will not be able to mend any bridges and not be taken seriously in this hobby, even if your only goal is to start drama.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Al

Quote:
Thats only happened twice. Ive delivered every other card on ebay. I had 100% feedback before that. Ive sold a few cards to psa members in the past couple months and they all got their cards no problem
Sorry I beg to differ. If you google your name you will find that you have done this many more times before. Read your stories looks like a psa10 Jordan rookie that had "problems" with you also. or am I wrong?

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..

Last edited by batsballsbases; 05-25-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
Oh, that's all...

Just so you know, this isn't going to go well for you Joey. Those are some serious admissions right there, after admitting you have done those things in the not-so-distant-past why would we care if the "other stuff" this guy is saying is true or not? What you have admitted to is imo just as bad or worse than anything he was accusing you of (whether true or not), thus I have no interest in you or your situation.

You Sir are an admitted liar... end of discussion!
Im not asking anyone to care, Im here to put a end to kirk's lies. Hes lied about multiple things and if Im going down then he needs to be outted to.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:40 PM
Ken McMillan

Zzzzzzzzzzz Zzzzzzzzzzzz Zzzzzzzzzzz! Whoa, I wake up and there's a dog fight not involving Michael Vick! Wow!
Old 05-25-2013, 04:41 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Next case!
Old 05-25-2013, 04:42 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Im not asking anyone to care, Im here to put a end to kirk's lies. Hes lied about multiple things and if Im going down then he needs to be outted to.
LOLOL I don't even know who Kirk is and I don't care; however, if he screwed you over, he's now become my favorite person on Net 54. Consider him outed -- and applauded.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sorry I beg to differ. If you google your name you will find that you have done this many more times before. Read your stories looks like a psa10 Jordan rookie that had "problems" with you also. or am I wrong?
You are very wrong. I have never been in the possesion of a psa 10 jordan rc ever in my life. And thats one thing Im calling kirk out about. Ive admitted to what ive done. I f*cked up many times and screwed myself and my reputation. I deserve the comments im getting but the things kirk has said are criminal and Im here to call him out. But ask anyone ive sold to besides the cobb and they will all tell you Ive delivered as promised
Rhett Yeakley

Quote:
Let me get this straight, you are mad that someone is lying about you but you have proven that you, yourself are not beyond lying to other collectors if it suits your purpose? Did I miss anything? Pot... meet kettle.

P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Ive admitted to what ive done. I lied to dan mckee, backed out of some deals, and lied in the past to purchase a card. sh*t is bad but theres nothing I can do about what I did then. Im here to call out kirk because his accusations are very serious. Im not looking for anyones sympathy. Im simply here to prove what kirk said is BS, thats all
Wait a minute. You really only want your internet street cred returned. You lie and screw around with transactions and then when someone named Kirk eventually and effectively dogs you, you have nowhere else to go.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Let me get this straight, you are mad that someone is lying about you but you have proven that you, yourself are not beyond lying to other collectors if it suits your purpose? Did I miss anything? Pot... meet kettle.
YES IVE ADMITTED TO LYING IN THE PAST. I admitted what ive done. Kirk on the other hand has not admitted that he's full of sh*t and thats why I made this post
Old 05-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Al

Quote:
You are very wrong. I have never been in the possesion of a psa 10 jordan rc ever in my life. And thats one thing Im calling kirk out about. Ive admitted to what ive done. I f*cked up many times and screwed myself and my reputation. I deserve the comments im getting but the things kirk has said are criminal and Im here to call him out. But ask anyone ive sold to besides the cobb and they will all tell you Ive delivered as promised
So all those other people are wrong also? You keep saying that you only did this twice but yet you say yourself "I fuc99ed up many times" How many is many times? Looks like more than 2 my friend.

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
Wait a minute. You really only want your internet street cred returned. You lie and screw around with transactions and then when someone named Kirk eventually and effectively dogs you, you have nowhere else to go.
I never asked anyone for sympathy ever. I apologized to dan Mckee and admitted to him what I did. That transaction was 2 yrs ago. I never took anyones money, scammed anyone, or committed any illegal activities which is what kirk is accusing me of with no proof at all because he has none
Eric Perry

Quote:
I have a thought here, guys and gals. This is the apologetic tone most of us were looking for in the not-so-distant past. I move that we reserve judgment until Kirk weighs in here.

Just my two cents...I realize that I will likely get roasted for it; however, if Leon is willing to give Joey a "fair shake," then I am, too.

Best Regards,

Eric

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Al Richter

Default 15 post...

....limit needed again
Old 05-25-2013, 04:49 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Leon, can't Joey be banned for being an adult whose name is "Joey?"
Old 05-25-2013, 04:50 PM
Evan M.

I posted the following story on the CU forum regarding an eBay scam, http://forums.collectors.com/message...hreadid=854942.

I used post number 68, by Leon, in this thread, http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...=146321&page=7 to link starcard1234@gmail.com to the person who was trying to scam me. That thread was about Joey Farino so I assumed that it was already determined that he was Sam1952. I guess that's still yet to be absolutely proven.

Here's the bottom line as I see it... Joey Farino is about a 3/10 when it comes to someone you can trust in this hobby. Taxman/mrmint23 makes claims that Joey is a 1/10 so Joey wants to come defend himself. Whether or not Joey has done EVERY thing he's been accused of, he's done enough to not be trusted. Backing out of eBay deals and threatening with negative feedback to get a discount is all I need to hear to know that he is someone that I do not want to deal with at all.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
So all those other people are wrong also? You keep saying that you only did this twice but yet you say yourself "I fuc99ed up many times" How many is many times? Looks like more than 2 my friend.
I f*cked up because I did not pay for items I won on ebay. I got kicked off of ebay for that and I deserve it no doubt about it. I could easily try and play the victim card but im not going there. Im admitting what I have personally done. This post is about me and kirk keith. He has been stalking me for 2 years and Im trying to put a end to it before I seek legal action against him. You have no idea what this guy has been doing
Old 05-25-2013, 04:52 PM
Jeff P0tter

If I were in yours shoes Joey, I would disappear from this thread. The multitudes will continue to come out and slam you with prior offenses, that are true. Whatever reputation you may hope to try to restore by settling one solitary issue with another will be buried in this thread for all future buyers and sellers of yours to see your screwups. Not a wise move in my opinion.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:53 PM
Bi11..R0berts

Ok, well thanks Joey. All board members will use caution when dealing with Taxman. We also now know not to deal with you. You can go now.

If it's that bad, just take legal action against him and save us the pain.

Last edited by brob28; 05-25-2013 at 04:55 PM. Reason: last sentence
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
I f*cked up because I did not pay for items I won on ebay. I got kicked off of ebay for that and I deserve it no doubt about it. I could easily try and play the victim card but im not going there. doing
Yeah, I could see playing the victim card as a real winner for you, OJ.
Rhett Yeakley

Is this Kirk Keith guy even a member of this board? I don't recall seeing his name either. Not sure why this needed to be done here (but I respect Leon's judgement as I doubt I am fully aware of the goings on here).

Eric, I have no problem with someone trying to clear their name but to start throwing stones at someone on a forum and having these types of skeletons in your past is a bit hypocritical. I hope Joey does turn over a new leaf and doesn't lie to collectors I call friends, but he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt until his future actions bear this out.

Old 05-25-2013, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergoism View Post
I posted the following story on the CU forum regarding an eBay scam, http://forums.collectors.com/message...hreadid=854942.

I used post number 68, by Leon, in this thread, http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...=146321&page=7 to link starcard1234@gmail.com to the person who was trying to scam me. That thread was about Joey Farino so I assumed that it was already determined that he was Sam1952. I guess that's still yet to be absolutely proven.

Here's the bottom line as I see it... Joey Farino is about a 3/10 when it comes to someone you can trust in this hobby. Taxman/mrmint23 makes claims that Joey is a 1/10 so Joey wants to come defend himself. Whether or not Joey has done EVERY thing he's been accused of, he's done enough to not be trusted. Backing out of eBay deals and threatening with negative feedback to get a discount is all I need to hear to know that he is someone that I do not want to deal with at all.
The only person I EVER had to threaten with negative feedback was for the Joe Namath rc I bought almost 2 yrs ago. Seller sold it as raw and told me multiple times the card had never been altered and said he paid $2000 for it. I bought it, overnighted it to SGC and it came back as trimmed. confronted seller for a refund and he denied it and said SGC was wrong. Told me he would not refund any of my money and argued with me over it. I told him i was going to leave him negative feedback and let people know what a bad seller he was if i didnt get a refund. Kirk offered me $400 for the card knowing it was trimmed. Sold the card to kirk and also got a $400 refund from the seller after much hassle. I broke even
Peter Spaeth

15 post limit?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Jim M.arinari

I've always been proud to be Italian. Until now.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Yeah, I could see playing the victim card as a real winner for you, OJ.
lol...exactly...as bad as it is im admitting what ive done. I could easily deny these accusations and fight with all of you over it. But im telling you what ive done
Old 05-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brob28 View Post
Ok, well thanks Joey. All board members will use caution when dealing with Taxman. We also now know not to deal with you. You can go now.

If it's that bad, just take legal action against him and save us the pain.
thats fine, ive had many successful transactions with board members and even bought from alot of them. Im waiting for taxman to respond and then im out
Old 05-25-2013, 04:58 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

On second thought I'd rather not be part of this.

Last edited by oldjudge; 05-25-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:59 PM
Al

Dinner I"LL BE BACK"

Old 05-25-2013, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
Leon-this is the type of post/ poster who is turning this site into a freak show, not a vintage card site. When will the "Vampire Cow Wills Heart to Brad Pitt" thread start? Get rid of this loser and keep the site from degenerating further.
And BTW, isn't taxman Glenn Mechanic, one of the nicest guys in the hobby?
no his name is kirk keith
Old 05-25-2013, 05:04 PM
Glenn

Default Fair Shake

As a lurker, I had to chime in here! Thanks Jay for the kind words. No, I am Tax Mechanick

Glenn
Old 05-25-2013, 05:06 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Vampire Cow Wills Heart To Brad Pitt!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cattlehead.jpg (9.6 KB, 447 views)
Old 05-25-2013, 05:08 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Last edited by oldjudge; 05-25-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Leon-this is the type of post/ poster who is turning this site into a freak show, not a vintage card site. When will the "Vampire Cow Wills Heart to Brad Pitt" thread start? Get rid of this loser and keep the site from degenerating further.
And BTW, isn't taxman Glenn Mechanic, one of the nicest guys in the hobby?
Agreed. Thread after thread of poorly written, misspelled he said/she said idiocy.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:13 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

I could not read every post but can someone tell me why this is on the front page if this involves comic books, cards from the 50s and a soap opera from the CU board? If it is for entertainment value I would prefer to follow Adrian and Peter go at it.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:13 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

There is only one thing I want to do right now after reading through all of this

Old 05-25-2013, 05:16 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Eric, I have no problem with someone trying to clear their name but to start throwing stones at someone on a forum and having these types of skeletons in your past is a bit hypocritical. I hope Joey does turn over a new leaf and doesn't lie to collectors I call friends, but he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt until his future actions bear this out.
Rhett,

I respect your point of view and also happen to agree with it. The only reason I posted what I did was that Joey convinced Leon that this was a worthy pursuit.

I am unfamiliar with the principal players in this drama and have never dealt with any of them; however, think the hobby benefits when the truth rises to the surface.

As for Joey, I do not give him the benefit of the doubt here. His reputation precedes him. Seeing if he truly does turn a new leaf, moving forward, will be the determining factor.

Best Regards,

Eric

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 05-25-2013, 05:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
Rhett,

I respect your point of view and also happen to agree with it. The only reason I posted what I did was that Joey convinced Leon that this was a worthy pursuit.

I am unfamiliar with the principal players in this drama and have never dealt with any of them; however, think the hobby benefits when the truth rises to the surface.

As for Joey, I do not give him the benefit of the doubt here. His reputation precedes him. Seeing if he truly does turn a new leaf, moving forward, will be the determining factor.

Best Regards,

Eric
I did this with the intention of calling out kirk for things hes been accusing me of years. I am thinking about taking legal action, thats how serious it is. I am not looking for any type of sympathy, I deserve all the criticism because I screwed myself. I am admitting to my faults and if that means no one wants to deal with me I accept that. I dug my own grave here. I wasnt on here asking to stay on the forums or trying to sell anything.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:33 PM
Matt Miller

Default God Please

My god, not here as well. This is like a case of herpes, no matter how bad you want it gone, it just keeps coming back.

I come here for knowledge and civilized discussions, now I have to see the same crap I see at CU over here now.

Someone make it stop between these two.

Last edited by MBMiller25; 05-25-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:39 PM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMiller25 View Post
My god, not here as well. This is like a case of herpes, no matter how bad you want it gone, it just keeps coming back.

I come here for knowledge and civilized discussions, now I have to see the same crap I see at CU over here now.

Someone make it stop between these two.
I dont know Matt sure beats lets see your Uzit backs for the 150th time!!
Good clean fun on a Saturday night!
Someone please PM keith K. so we can ramp this one up !

Last edited by batsballsbases; 05-25-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Glenn--sorry to bring your name into this.
Actually, we may have found a match for one of our other posters. One guy orders and doesn't pay and the other takes pay, doesn't deliver, and returns payment. We have found a way to save a few steps in the process. It's like the Cartophilic equivalent of matter and anti-matter. If they ever met and shook hands we'd have a flash of light and a few random particles created. Where is that physics prof who hated Bruce Dorskind when you need him?
He's in the Autograph Forum I believe.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 05-25-2013, 05:44 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

The reason I let this be on our forum is because there are other forums that make threads go poof because there are some pets that are cry babies. They go to their moderator, they are their pets, they whine and then the thread goes poof. This is just like the thread I started recently when it was entitled "Our Open Forum".....if that thread was on CU it would have gone poof. I am more appalled at threads going poof and people attacking while being anonymous, than almost anything else. This is one thread. If you don't like it don't click on it. I offered to give Joey a chance to tell his story. The fact it could backfire on him is not my concern. He has his chance. I think everyone deserves a forum that is fair and where threads won't go poof because someone is a pet of the owner/moderator. I am going to come back later and put full names in each post, or under id's if the post warrants one. Just like I said earlier...first and last names are required for this thread. Thanks everyone....off to a party!!

Last edited by Leon; 05-25-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:47 PM
Banned

I will gladly leave this forum as soon as kirk addresses these particular issues. Ive had these accusations hanging over my head for a long time and im trying to finally put it to rest since he's so quick to call me out on the forums, Im just returning the favor and trying to settle this
Closed Thread