NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-22-2006, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Default GAI Grading errors/problems

Posted By: joe

Wondering why a company can make these mistakes.
I sent 10 S74 silks for grading and received today.
These were labeled correctly, Cobb White, Delahanty White and color, Moriarty color, Mullin color, Willett color, Summers color. That's 7 good.
They labeled 3 others as color silks, Summers, Willett and D, Jones, these have the paper backs and are the white variety.

They did label the 2 Summers with N-fold, which is good because there are no folds in the silk. But both Summers are identified as Color, 1 is color, the other is white with back. Would you send them back, try to get money back, or credit. Don't like to pay postage twice for these. Here are scans of incorrect labeling.

Joe

Old 03-22-2006, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

...bring them to a show at which GAI has set up a table.

Old 03-22-2006, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: ScottIngold

Gai will make it right if brought to there attention. Either do as stated above or call Danny Fischer.

Old 03-22-2006, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

I figure you have to give them a chance to rectify the situation. Perhaps you could ask them to pay for the s/h in both directions or, as was suggested, bring it to GAI at a show and let them handle it. That, of course, would be assuming that they set up at a show near you.

I'm not a big GAI fan but I like those little identifying tabs at the top of the holders.

Old 03-22-2006, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tony Andrea

They will give you no problem correcting their error.
Iv'e seen similiar issues in Psa & Sgc holders before too.
Mistakes do happen.

Old 03-22-2006, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Thanks for response, I'll contact them to see what can be done. I only used GAI because SGC does not grade the silks. One other question, there is a small # on each case above the grade, what does it mean. I just bought a Cobb colored silk and it was graded by GAI in the last month. Bought it from a board member and it does not have the number. Examples Cobb white has # 18, Delahanty has # 28, Summers color and white both have # 107.

Thanks joe

Old 04-20-2006, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Just to let everyone know GAI did correct the problems with the cards. I also had to send the Cobb back to them because it was labeled Turkey Red and should have been Old Mill. A question though. I paid for postage and insurance to be mailed to GAI, shouldn't they have reimbursed me for that postage, it was about $14.00 because of the value of the Cobb. What does everyone else think?

I paid postage and insurance both ways the 1st time they were graded.

Old 04-20-2006, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Noel

reimburse your money back and forth for the second time sending your cards in. It was their mistake and they should make it right. I really think they will. Im sure it would help your confidence in them if they would have volunteered instead of you having to bring this to their attention. I had an issue with them a while back that took nearly a year to get settled. They lost two of my cards and finally paid me the SMR value for them and gave me a credit for 10 free submissions. I will not be using the 10 free submissions.

Old 04-20-2006, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tony Andrea

My opinion is, at some point just let it go. $14 bucks is not worth the effort or time.
Im sure if you called them they would be more than willing to credit that amount towards any further transactions you would have with them but is it really worth it.
Just my opinion....

Old 04-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

This is exactly the attitude that scammers and big companies rely upon. It's not the money, it's the principle of the whole. I don't know about you, but morals and principles are the guiding force of my life. Sadly, most corporations have lost sight of this.

Jay

I like to sit outside, drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home, I would be arrested. So, I go to baseball games and fit right in.

Old 04-20-2006, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: ScottIngold

What Tony said.

Old 04-20-2006, 04:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John J. Grillo

From what Jay said: "This is exactly the attitude that scammers and big companies rely upon. It's not the money, it's the principle of the whole. I don't know about you, but morals and principles are the guiding force of my life. Sadly, most corporations have lost sight of this."

I agree. Look at the bigger picture and visualize all your Silks being labeled correctly. Yes, it's a pain in the you know what, but once you've contacted GAI and sent to cards back in for re-labeling, you'll be glad you did.

Old 04-20-2006, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

John-
I think your missing something here. The cards "have been" corrected by Global already. The discussion now is in regards to return shipping cost's of $14 bucks. The submitter feels Global should have covered the cost to ship back the cards. I agree with him, but feel like if the $14 bucks is such an issue simply call Global and let them know how you feel and I bet they'll credit back the amount he's unhappy about towards any future transaction he will have with them.
I have had nothing but success dealing with Global and am confident they wouldnt let $14 bucks come between any customer they deal with.

Old 04-20-2006, 05:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kyle

Here's one for you, still don't know where they got this:

PSA Cert #31574090
1937 KELLOGG'S PEP - LOUGHRAN/ROSS/RICKENBACKER/SHAW

Its actually just of Red Grange.

I caught it before it shipped, hopefully they're able to fix 'er and send it right. Probably just an accident, I'm sure they're busting their butts to get things finished after the Chicago show.

-Kyle-

Old 04-20-2006, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John J. Grillo

thank you for pointing out my error...i'll have to pay closer attention to what I am reading next time...In any event, I still agree, you do not have to be a jerk about it, but tactifully, yet assertively you need to be compensated.

Old 04-20-2006, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

The money certainly will not break me but I just get a little tired of doing other peoples jobs. Below is the letter I sent with the cards to be corrected. Don't you think they would have put a check or credit with the cards they sent back after correction? I think the letter definitely gives them enough information. Maybe they are too busy and miss the details. I sure don't want to spend my time on the phone or email to explain the whole situation again. This reminds me of cable company problems or trying to get an insurance claim corrected because someone at the insurance company coded the procedure wrong. Someone called from GAI after receiving the cards in one of the grading steps to confirm what I was asking them to do, thats fine, but the letter with the cards says it all.

Joe

Global Authentication IncMarch 24, 2006
PO Box 57042
Irvine, Ca. 92619

Card Grading Services

Subject: Incorrect labeling of 4 S74 Silks

I spoke on the phone with Howard Kent on Friday, March 24, 2006 , 11:45 EST about the incorrect labeling of the following cards. He told me the labeling would be corrected and I will be reimbursed for my postage.

Customer #6579, Submission Form 5051891.

1). S74 Silk Ty Cobb - labeled incorrectly as Turkey Red back should be Old Mill Back, all other information stays the same..

2). S74 Silk Davy Jones - labeled incorrectly as Colored Silk, should be S74 Silk, all other information stays the same.

3). S74 Silk Ed Summers - labeled incorrectly as Colored Silk, should be S74 Silk, all other information stays the same.

4). S74 Silk Ed Willett - labeled incorrectly as Colored Silk, should be S74 Silk, all other information stays the same.

Old 04-20-2006, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

Now that their attention has been drawn to it I bet they will give you some free submissions to cover the postal cost.

Old 04-21-2006, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

Gee, I wouldn't think that a grading company would want to be known as "Maybe they are too busy and miss the details". It is details which are their specialty.

Old 04-22-2006, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

Gilbert- I agree with you, but PSA and even SGC have had similar problems.
Bob