NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-23-2016, 03:22 PM
Chris Wood

Default O/T (kind of) Dream Job for a young baseball fan

http://northwestleague.m.teamworkonl...l.aspx?j=95042

Job Description: The Clubhouse Manager Assistant will oversee the operation of the Clubhouse during the Vancouver Canadians’ season running from June through mid-September. This includes responsibility for cleaning, laundry, feeding players, and managing equipment among other things.

Only individuals with a strong work ethic and a valid Canadian work VISA are encouraged to apply

Responsibilities:

Managing baseball equipment, inventory, and ordering for assigned Minor League team.

Maintain a clean environment for the players, including cleaning before, during, and after each home game.

In charge of laundry services for uniforms, towels, and items necessary for jobs of players and staff at each affiliate.

Responsible for producing snacks, pre-game meals, and post-game meals. This will include cooking and preparation of meals at the premises.

Perform various tasks for coaches and staff, including handling paperwork, making phone calls, and running errands.

Work hand in hand with the coaching staff to maintain good relationship between them and the Vancouver Canadians.

Keeping detailed receipts and records of all expenses in relation to managing the clubhouse.

Required Qualifications:

High School Degree

4 or more years of relevant work experience (food service, janitorial service, management, operations etc.)

Ability to pass background screening and drug test

Ability to be present for all games & workouts as well as pre and post season preparation and wrap up

Ability to work long hours and a flexible schedule

Preferred Qualifications:

Passion for Baseball or baseball related experience

Food sanitation certification

Commercial cooking experience
Must have valid drivers license
Must be able to pick up 50lbs
Old 03-23-2016, 05:20 PM
Joe

doing laundry, cleaning, running errands and providing snacks…..living the dream! . Do they have to be a young fan? Maybe I can do this when I retire soon…check that, I was glad to stop doing this when my kids grew up.

…in all seriousness sound like a nice opportunity for someone young breaking into baseball management.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:16 AM
Max Weder

Biggest drawback? The employee would have to see me around at all the games.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:28 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

I have a couple of friends who were clubhouse guys for the Pittsburgh Pirates for several years. They both loved and hated it. The hours were insane. The work was non stop and could be degrading at times. But as you can image, they are a wealth of stories about the people behind the public images of these players.

Of note: Derek Jeter was rather stand-offish and not especially cordial, whereas A-Rod was extremely personable and polite with them.

Tom C
Old 03-24-2016, 11:26 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

I worked for the Chicago Bears in 1985 as a summer job junior of high school, doing pretty much what has been mentioned and more. It's a great job for a kid. And yes you get to see their true personalities.

Walter Payton was the team clown, always had pellet guns, etc. playing pranks on teammates.

The offensive line Van Horne, Becker, Andrews, and Kevin Butler were cool guys, went out to lunch with them on occasion and they included me in the conversations. One particular one was hilarious about Marsha Brady.

Mike Singletary was a pompous ass.

The Fridge William Perry was a big kid, and hilarious.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:17 PM

The closest I ever got was a job interview with MLB. I think it was a temp job initially to install computers and whatnot for the then new or upcoming Washington Nationals stadium, and then continue to service other parks in the Northeast.