NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-26-2011, 01:46 PM

Default Technical Difficulties - Sorry.

So, technical difficulties are often out of our control. Some of our members received numerous emails last night reminding them that our auction is ending on Thursday. This was a bug in the email program that effected some (but not all) of our members and we are very sorry for any inconvenience. Our IT guys are working as best they can to make sure it does not happen again.

To my surprise, some of the anger in the emails (and the guarantees that they would never bid with us again) was quite surprising. I like to think that of all the major auction houses, we send out emails about as infrequently as possible, as I know that I don't like receiving a lot of emails from the auction companies either.

This was not the case of me sitting in my office with my finger on the "send" button - it was a glitch in the program, that has never happened before and hopefully will never happen again.

For all those that sent us emails about how we are "obnoxious" and "classless" for sending multiple emails, I assure you, it was not intentional and we are sorry - sometimes computers don't operate as we ask them to.

Josh Wulkan
Vice President
Huggins and Scott Auctions
www.hugginsandscott.com
Old 01-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugginsandscott View Post
To my surprise, some of the anger in the emails (and the guarantees that they would never bid with us again) was quite surprising. I like to think that of all the major auction houses, we send out emails about as infrequently as possible, as I know that I don't like receiving a lot of emails from the auction companies either.
Josh - my guess is that the situation with email overload from auction houses (ONLY 1 HOUR LEFT!; ONLY 59 MINUTES LEFT) is so sensitive (through no fault of your own) that any instance like you had is bound to cause a harsh reaction. I'd also imagine that should you have an item that one of those collectors wanted badly, their bid would find its way in.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugginsandscott View Post
So, technical difficulties are often out of our control. Some of our members received numerous emails last night reminding them that our auction is ending on Thursday. This was a bug in the email program that effected some (but not all) of our members and we are very sorry for any inconvenience. Our IT guys are working as best they can to make sure it does not happen again.

This was not the case of me sitting in my office with my finger on the "send" button - it was a glitch in the program, that has never happened before and hopefully will never happen again.

For all those that sent us emails about how we are "obnoxious" and "classless" for sending multiple emails, I assure you, it was not intentional and we are sorry - sometimes computers don't operate as we ask them to.

Josh Wulkan
Vice President
Huggins and Scott Auctions
www.hugginsandscott.com
More important, is your chat room working?
Old 01-26-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Josh - my guess is that the situation with email overload from auction houses (ONLY 1 HOUR LEFT!; ONLY 59 MINUTES LEFT) is so sensitive (through no fault of your own) that any instance like you had is bound to cause a harsh reaction. I'd also imagine that should you have an item that one of those collectors wanted badly, their bid would find its way in.
Matt,
agreed, and I understand your point. Thanks for the input.
Josh
Old 01-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default it's sort of funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Josh - my guess is that the situation with email overload from auction houses (ONLY 1 HOUR LEFT!; ONLY 59 MINUTES LEFT) is so sensitive (through no fault of your own) that any instance like you had is bound to cause a harsh reaction. I'd also imagine that should you have an item that one of those collectors wanted badly their bid would find its way in.
First of all, I wouldn't worry too much Josh, as Matt says (and I agree with), if there is something those folks that are upset want, the bid will sneak in. Of course there can always be the 1-2 people that are just cranky, and there is nothing you can do about them anyway.

I feel like I have a fairly good perspective on things in the hobby since I spend some time in it, in different capacities. Here are a few observations-

1. People that bitch and scream the loudest, usually have the least skin in the game.
2. People that say they are leaving and never coming back, usually do.
2b. People that say they will never bid again with you either haven't ever bid before OR aren't even registered.
3. You will never make everyone happy. It doesn't matter if you give everyone a T206 Wagner and a million dollars and a date with the fantasy girl of their choice. Someone will still be unhappy that you didn't give them the A- PSA8 Wags B. Pay the taxes on the million dollars. C. Want multiple girls....

I am tellin' ya', it just doesn't matter . You guys do a fantastic job Josh...and anyone that would be upset about a computer glitch is an idiot imo.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
First of all, I wouldn't worry too much Josh, as Matt says (and I agree with), if there is something those folks that are upset want, the bid will sneak in. Of course there can always be the 1-2 people that are just cranky, and there is nothing you can do about them anyway.

I feel like I have a fairly good perspective on things in the hobby since I spend some time in it, in different capacities. Here are a few observations-

1. People that bitch and scream the loudest, usually have the least skin in the game.
2. People that say they are leaving and never coming back, usually do.
2b. People that say they will never bid again with you either haven't ever bid before OR aren't even registered.
3. You will never make everyone happy. It doesn't matter if you give everyone a T206 Wagner and a million dollars and a date with the fantasy girl of their choice. Someone will still be unhappy that you didn't give them the A- PSA8 Wags B. Pay the taxes on the million dollars. C. Want multiple girls....

I am tellin' ya', it just doesn't matter . You guys do a fantastic job Josh...and anyone that would be upset about a computer glitch is an idiot imo.
Leon,
thanks for putting a smile on my face!! Man, did I need that
J