NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 03-31-2019, 10:27 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Default LeBron James to sit out rest of season

I just heard some crazy news. James has been shut down for the rest of the season to let his groin injury heal.

Can anyone on this forum tell me when was the last time you heard about James getting injured? I don't ever remember hearing about this guy getting injured before. Every season I would see this robot ripping his opponents apart - so he's actually human?
Old 03-31-2019, 11:11 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
I just heard some crazy news. James has been shut down for the rest of the season to let his groin injury heal.

Can anyone on this forum tell me when was the last time you heard about James getting injured? I don't ever remember hearing about this guy getting injured before. Every season I would see this robot ripping his opponents apart - so he's actually human?
Even he gets older, not a young man in his 20s any more.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 03-31-2019, 10:22 PM
Adam Yastrzemski

Lebron would have left on a high note if he had retired at the end of last season as a Cavalier. LA was building a great young team before he arrived and now it's going wrong. This season was not pretty to watch and isn't going to get better as time goes on and he gets older. And it is harder to play under the bright lights in LA where every flaw is examined under a microscope.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:49 AM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Lebron sits at the end of the bench away from the rest of the team. And this has been going on for most of the season. No interaction.

Lebron's numbers are good, but he seems to be an interested participant.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:33 AM
Peter Spaeth

For a man who seems to have made the right moves throughout his career, it seems he didn't do so this time. Maybe Magic made him promises about rebuilding the team that he didn't or couldn't keep?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:27 AM

As a lifelong Laker fan, I had mixed emotions on Lebron to the Lakers. I like him as a player, he is excellent when on the floor, his stats are unquestionably very good. However, when not on the floor am not so thrilled with him. He tends to isolate himself - makes it feel like he is not "one of the guys" - bad for team chemistry. I do not like how he interacts with the coach - he is in I want control mode and a prima dona - again not good for team chemistry. I tell my son about the old Lakers with Magic/Jabbar etc. Everyone got along great, nobody bickered, everyone knew their place, everyone got along with coach, fans adored the entire team. Phenomenal overall team chemistry. Lebron has a lot to learn from the old Lakers - doubt he will ever learn - too bad. Too bad for him, too bad for the team, too bad for the fans. When he arrived I tried to give him benefit of doubt, but after this season and how he handles himself, not the biggest Lebron fan. But they are my team, so I root for them anyways. GO LAKERS !

Steve