NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-31-2015, 02:53 PM

Default Greg....

A true mini "work o' art" there

Congrats my friend
Old 07-31-2015, 11:48 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Hey Johnny...great thread you have going here. Non-t206 scrap examples are right up my alley since I'm not really into t206s at all. I have a scrap card or some sort of printing goof from most other sets though...here's a few... love the cards with the ridiculous oversized borders!

Will try to post some others later on....

42-93a_med.jpg

Item_24872_3.jpg

obakpfyl.jpg

nadja.jpg

item_30413_1.jpg

Last edited by shammus; 07-31-2015 at 11:49 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:54 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

A few more featuring cards with oversized borders -

t210-7 OHalloran where you can see the "white" from whatever sheet this was cut off of. Some neat e98 scrap pieces including a B&W Ford. Not sure how the B&W Ford came to be missing it's color. In all honesty, I've heard that soaking could have done that although the loss of color combined with the irregular cut does suggest a scrap example that missed a few color passes during it's original print run. Also have an e94 Bates with Oversized borders that has been handcut as well as an e98 Tinker that's got a wavy cut and blank back.

t210OHalloran.jpg

e98 scrap 001.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

Last edited by shammus; 07-31-2015 at 11:55 PM.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:06 AM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Last two....a t213-3 missing color passes and it's caption and a true B&W m116. There is only one other B&W m116 out there...I think it's a Seymour if memory serves....

I've got a couple dozen more....just have to dig them out of the vault...

4791a_lg.jpg

m116mitchell-001.jpg
Old 08-01-2015, 06:01 AM

Default Brian.........

OMG................................!!!

I'm amazed

Honestly, that has to be one of the best "non" T206 scrap collections I have ever seen! WE HAVE to get our collections Together!

That is the definitely a SIDE SHOW FREAK SHOW!

WOW!

The hook's is just off the hook! the rest are INSANE!

dude!

I'm blown away Brian! what a collection of mini art
Old 08-01-2015, 06:03 AM

Default this is

SHEET TACULAR

I just love how they look like they "jumped off an incomplete sheet"........

amazing! AMAZING!
Old 08-01-2015, 04:08 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Thanks Johnny!

I've been at it a while collecting these but have been at it pretty quietly over the course of the past several years...I've rarely have the opportunity to post a larger group of 'em all together like this though but you do see my cards popping up in threads on the board from time to time

The interesting part is I've thought many times about going after t206 scrap cards and oddities but just always felt that you and some others had pretty advanced collections already in that area so I wanted to hit a side of things that not too many people hadn't really gone after yet.

I appreciate all the kind words too! Comparing our collections would be a pretty epic ordeal. It could be the t206 Scraps vs. the "Everything-else-Scraps"...heh! I'd be down for it sometime

Since you seemed to like the m116 sheets...here's a couple more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Item_24872_4.jpg (58.3 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg Item_24872_5.jpg (59.1 KB, 181 views)
Old 08-01-2015, 09:02 PM

Default Brian.........

HOLY SXXT!

This is AMAZING!

I have never seen a bigger scrap collection, EVER!

you must have close to 100!

I'M SPEECHLESS!

THIS IS extremely hard to do, trust me, I know, and just EPIC!
thanks for the kind words.....please come to A/C in 2016

CONGRATS ! on an EPIC, beautiful, collection of these ..........

you have just SPECTACULAR taste...........they are GORGEOUS

ONE WORD................WOW!
Old 08-01-2015, 09:14 PM
Peter Spaeth

That was speechless?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:20 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Johnny,

Thank you, kind sir. Truth is, I don't think that everything I have is what you would define as "scrap". Some of it is, but I also have a good array of ghosts, cards with missed color passes, wrong backs, and on and on. Simply put, I like 'em when they look different. When the cards are a complete mystery and I can't tell exactly what happened to it or, in some cases, I can't identify the card at all...even better! One of these days, maybe I'll get around to making a website that shows a few of these off...heh.

Speaking of cards that are a mystery, I have a new one to share tonight with the board - a "headless" t222 Oldring. I'm sure it's not scrap, but it's an oddity of some sort and would love your opinion as well as that of anyone willing to chime in and have a look!

By the way, I've seen some of those multi-strike/multi-ghosted cards you've posted in the past. Insane stuff! I don't even know how they managed to botch those up during the original print runs and print what looks like 15 different cards onto the same sheet over and over...Amazing stuff there...heh!

Best!
Brian
Old 08-02-2015, 03:19 AM

Default Peter...

I was thinking the same thing when I was typing it...........I think you are one of the best posters here......you are on top of every thread and I look forward to your responses.....great stuff

Brian.....I'M STILL BLOWN AWAY

even if half are scrap, it's an AMAZING collection.......simply OUTSTANDING!WOW!...\

thanks for the kind words about my "circus"......id love for you to see it in person a/c 2016.....

id love to see your collection in person..........we have the exact same taste! I was doing the same and collecting anything "odd" looking on a T206.....I have narrowed my focus to mainly "206 printer scrap" and rare backs within the last few years and have traded many of my smaller errors into scrap/rare backs...

the multi strikes were created by the printer by "running" scrap sheets through the press multiple times to set up the presses..ink distribution, cutting alignment, color, registration, ect....this created the many "multi" strikes on these scraps creating the COOLEST IMAGES..some sheets were used to set up various other issues which links the printing to other issues(those are some of my favorite)..the printers, over a century ago, in advertently created "mini" works of art on "set up sheets" and they didn't even know it.....now we search for "essentially garbage test sheets of a century ago" which has been converted to " card board gold"

great stuff brian! do not stop your focus!

THE OLDRING IS CREEPY! I love it!

not sure what happened to that one
Old 08-02-2015, 05:18 AM
Bry@n

Nice cards Brian, I especially dig the Pfyl Obak.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:34 AM

Default Brian...

btw....those m116 s all look like scrap/ handcut over size borders.wow
Old 08-02-2015, 04:41 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Johnny - Yep, we've got to do something to get our collections in a side-by-side comparision someday. I don't know how you'd compare them exactly, but I bet it would be fun and educational. You could teach me about t206 scrap/oddities and I could show you some goofs from other sets that would surprise you I think

Ahhh so there were entire sheets of t206s that got sent through the printer multiple times just to make sure everything was properly calibrated and lined up for the actual print run. Very interesting....I've seen those multi-strikes before and always thought "ok...there's no way that was an accident, someone was just screwing around and having fun". Good to know that's how those came about - see, I already learned something!

Bryan - thank you, I appreciate it! I have no idea how that card managed to not have any black ink....crazy. I've seen many many cards in my day that missed color passes, some that even missed multiple color passes. But it seems as though the pass for the black ink is kind of the foundation from which it all sits on top of. Never seen a card miss the black ink pass before....
Old 08-02-2015, 07:41 PM

Default Brian....

sounds great!!! come to A/C IN 2016

I'm brining the "circus"
Old 08-02-2015, 09:48 PM
€dw@rd Sk€Łt0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammus View Post
Bryan - thank you, I appreciate it! I have no idea how that card managed to not have any black ink....crazy. I've seen many many cards in my day that missed color passes, some that even missed multiple color passes. But it seems as though the pass for the black ink is kind of the foundation from which it all sits on top of. Never seen a card miss the black ink pass before....
It looks like the printer loaded red ink in when he meant to load black. Even the borders and name look red.

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com

Last edited by edjs; 08-02-2015 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-03-2015, 05:31 AM
Steven H.

My one and only.

Pre-1950 Cuban Cards: Focus on Billiken, Macionales, & Aguilitas
Old 08-03-2015, 07:29 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Thought this one was kinda neat.

Tom C
Old 08-28-2015, 07:41 PM
Kevin S.

Not really a scrap but a Crawford/Cobb/Turner/Stovall miscut quad player T201. Graded BVG 4.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t201miscut_cob.jpg (35.5 KB, 126 views)
Old 08-28-2015, 08:13 PM

Default Guys.....

GREAT STUFF!

Kevin, although not scrap.....that card is NOT crap!

beautiful "quad "
Old 08-28-2015, 08:19 PM
Sean Brennan

alright Brian! Now we are talking!
Here are my contributions.

m116 brown front.jpg

m116 brown back.jpg

m116 steinfledt both.jpg

m116 steinfledt proof back.jpg

m116 steinfledt proof.jpg

chance fronts.jpg

chance backs.jpg
Old 08-28-2015, 08:51 PM

Default Sean.........

Old 08-29-2015, 08:37 AM
Adam Goldenberg

Default T205

Nice Multi-Strike HOF with Black ink Broadleaf. Thanks to Hank and Scott !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img038 (2).jpg (76.9 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg img039 (2).jpg (75.3 KB, 111 views)
Old 08-29-2015, 12:21 PM

Default Adam.........

SHOW STOPPER!!! OMG!