NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 02-07-2012, 05:34 PM
Brandon M. Grunbaum

Default You've got to see this!!! "Medium" channels Babe Ruth and has him sign ball. ON EBAY!

I almost cried laughing at this BS...are you @%$#*&% serious!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Babe-Ruth-Se...#ht_550wt_1396

Here is the description and image from eBay as I'm sure it won't last long:

Ok this is a weird story: About 6 years ago my husband and I went to Lillydale NY. If you don't know Lilydale there is lots of info you can find on the web. However, in a nutshell... it is a place to see one of the many mediums who can contact people who have passed on. My husband was 100% a non believer!!! We went in and he was really not excited at all. I was asking the medium about contacting a childhood friend who had passed on. As she began to become in touch with her. The Medium stood and YELLED at my husband! "YOU DON'T BELIEVE...!" My husband barked "NO! I really don't"... "Then test me" "Who would you like to speak with?" My husband replied "BABE RUTH".. with in seconds the medium was back in a state of contact... "I am here" "Ask what you will" ........"Where did you play" my husband asked! "Boston...Boston Red Socks".. My husband offered "The fact of it is the Babe Ruth was a Yankee!" "You are not Babe Ruth" he said . "I am" was the reply...... "Well then maybe you would like to sign a ball for my son." "Got a ball" the voice from the medium said. My husband ran to the car and took a ball from the trunk and brought it into the room.. he thrust the ball and a pen into the hand of the medium.... SHE BEGAN TO SIGN.. My husband laughed and took the ball. "What ever" he said. The medium was less than pleased with him and asked that he go to the car and wait. I continued my session.

It was several days when we thought of the ball again. It had been in the car. Our son came into the house and went in his room... He came out of his room and asked about the baseball he found on his bed. "What ball" I asked.. The one signed by Babe Ruth... I laughed. "I thought you left that in the car" I said to my husband. "I DID"...non the less it was on our sons bed...it was not there when I was in his room earlier in the day. " Its not real " My husband said " some lady signed it ". "It looks just like his autograph I have a picture of it in a book" our son offered. Looking at the book my husband was in total shock! SO WAS I..... It made my husband a believer at least at some level.. It was odd how close the autograph looked to the one in the book.....and we found out that Babe Ruth did in fact play in Boston (guess my husband is not as smart as he thought).

This ball has been a great conversation item for all those years but it really gives you an odd feeling. It would often hit the floor at night rolling off a shelf we kept it on. It was even "LOST under the couch for a week.. once it even turned up in my husbands softball bag. It is a very odd and unique thing to be sure. My husbands mother saw it for the first time last month and was VERY UPSET!!! She demanded that we get rid of it or she would not be back. As my husband told the the story she was in shock beyond what I though she should be. "YOU ARE MESSING WITH POWERS THAT ARE NOT GOOD" she kept saying.... "GET RID OF IT NOW"! She left rather quickly that day. So as agreed the ball is going. I still go to lilydale at least once a year but my husband stays home.

So this ball is for sale but I do want to be clear.. IT WAS NOT SIGNED BY THE HAND OF BABE RUTH!! IT WAS SIGNED BY A MEDIUM IN LILYDALE NY WHO CLAIMED TO HAVE CHANNELED THE BALL PLAYER!

It is however a baseball that belonged to our son that is hand signed in pen and it looks very much like balls we have seen photos of! This is a unique 1 of a kind item I am sure. please ask any questions you like and I will reply as quick as I can. Again this was signed by a medium not Mr. Ruth. Thank you for looking and please buy this ball so it will have a good home as we simply do not want to get rid of it but my mother in law demanded it...so it will be done.

update: yes this is a baseball not a softball...my hand is small...

s/h is just $6.00
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $(KGrHqJ,!lgE8h9-Zn0fBPMHvtWV)w~~60_12.jpg (21.3 KB, 380 views)
File Type: jpg $(KGrHqN,!ncE8VOzvn+QBPMHwZ5Ep!~~60_12.jpg (15.8 KB, 377 views)
Old 02-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Richard Simon

Only in America and only on ebay.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 02-07-2012, 06:02 PM
Al

Default ruth

The item location is in SURPRISE Ariz. I think that is what you will get if you send this ball in for a second opinion
Old 02-07-2012, 06:07 PM

Only if you send it to an FDE, and it comes back "genuine."
Old 02-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Banned

Surprised it didnt have a TPA (abc, xyz) cert with it. give it time.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Christopher Williams

Mueller (TMA) might cert it. He can combine it with some dirt from Transylvania.

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 02-07-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Scott

This is the most incredibly hilarious story Ive ever read. I need to keep this one. ha.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:25 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default That Babe has small hands

Just put it on my watch list. Hope it doesn't get bid up too high. I have friends in Surprise for a local pickup, so I can save on shipping too. If I win, I will post a picture of the medium ball in a large hand.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:39 AM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Just put it on my watch list. Hope it doesn't get bid up too high. I have friends in Surprise for a local pickup, so I can save on shipping too. If I win, I will post a picture of the medium ball in a large hand.
+100
Old 02-08-2012, 05:55 AM
Bilko Glasier

Wow and it looks exactly like a real RUTH autograph too!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:30 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilko G View Post
Wow and it looks exactly like a real RUTH autograph too!!!
The resemblance is uncanny .
Considering that Ron Dross is dead (he was the grandfather of the forgery business) and physically resembled the Babe, perhaps he was accidentally channeled and that is his, now I am dead, version of the Babe's signature.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 02-08-2012, 09:03 AM

Default It's mine now!!!

I spoke with my "READER AND ADVISER" for the second time today and she assured me that tonight "THE RUTH BALL" will fall out of the cabinet in the city of Surprise and make it's way down south where it will roll down my driveway in Atlanta, Ga. She advised me that it may take awhile!! I can't wait!! I just can't wait to own another (PSYCHIC SIGNED) Ruth ball.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:29 AM
$cotty @.utin

The listing ended suddenly. I was really curious to see how it did! I wonder if the spirit contacted her to take it down
Old 02-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Banned

maybe it got taken down because it failed quick opinion? no, that can't be,

It's only the good stuff that fails QO aka 'quick guess'.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default Damn

Lost another medium ball to Ditech.

Wouldn't have fit anyway, I'm an x-large.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:04 AM
R@nda!! H@hn

Its worth a bid because of the eerie light they used in the picture. wooooooo!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:15 AM
T!M R10rd@n

Gotta giv'em an A for originality!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:16 AM

Default Ruth Ball

Sure would like to have bid on it so I could have sent it to C.C. and have Chris Morales authenticate it as real.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Jeff

This is a great hobby!
Every day the bounds of incredulty (sic) are stretched further and further.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 02-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Barry Sloate

That's what they mean by ironclad provenance
Old 02-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Pete Sycks

That looks like a Tony the Tiger ball. Did this lady ever work for Coach's Corner? I think someone should buy it and bring it to Drew on Pawn Stars and see if his magnifying glass will authenticate it.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Richard Simon

They probably think it will sell better with a cert.
So I can picture this coming back in a week with a cert from,,,,, oh well,,, any one of a number of clowns come to mind.
--
Old 02-08-2012, 12:10 PM
T!M R10rd@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
So I can picture this coming back in a week with a cert from,,,,, oh well,,, any one of a number of clowns come to mind.
HEY!

Why disparage clowns? Being a clown is a worthwhile occupation.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Banned

it will be submitted for a cert most likely.

they can submit it to companies that advertise such service, it starts with a p or a j and ends with an a, and i will spot an s.

if submitted, will it get the cert from them?

well.....

As we saw with the Thomas Sayers boxing fiasco at heritage, they didn't even need exemplars to issue the certs. And heritage didn't need their certs to ultimately sell it either, they just stated that the certs coldn't be issued due to lack of exemplars (even though they were issued already but pulled after people complained). The auction house said abc and xyz still "believe" it to be authentic. How do they still believe it to be authentic, if not on the handwriting, then based on what?

That autographed piece was just as ridiculous as this babe ruth in my opinion, and it got the certs! How can the Sayers autograph not be as crazy as this babe ruth, when no one has seen a sayers autograph before, the first scribbled one that shows up is suppose to be good and get the certs from a couple of companies that issued them based on ?

http://www.autographalert.com/news.html

go to 3rd article from the bottom of this page for an eye opener.

exemplars? we don't need no stinking exemplars.

Last edited by travrosty; 02-08-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
it will be submitted for a cert most likely.

they can submit it to companies that advertise such service, it starts with a p or a j and ends with an a, and i will spot an s.

if submitted, will it get the cert from them?

well.....

As we saw with the Thomas Sayers boxing fiasco at heritage, they didn't even need exemplars to issue the certs. And heritage didn't need their certs to ultimately sell it either, they just stated that the certs coldn't be issued due to lack of exemplars (even though they were issued already but pulled after people complained). The auction house said abc and xyz still "believe" it to be authentic. How do they still believe it to be authentic, if not on the handwriting, then based on what?

That autographed piece was just as ridiculous as this babe ruth in my opinion, and it got the certs! How can the Sayers autograph not be as crazy as this babe ruth, when no one has seen a sayers autograph before, the first scribbled one that shows up is suppose to be good and get the certs from a couple of companies that issued them based on ?

http://www.autographalert.com/news.html

go to the bottom article of this page for an eye opener.

exemplars? we don't need no stinking exemplars.
Yes, there is a chance that piece might be certed by a company whose first initial is "T" and whose last initial is "A." The aforementioned authentication company may actually purchase the piece. They'll frame it with wood from the Titanic, rub the ball with some dirt from Transylvania to age it and then he will list it for auction. The auction description might read "This ball was signed by The Babe for the secretary of Charles Lindbergh after Mr. Lindbergh arrived back from Paris on the USS Memphis......."

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 02-08-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Rick P

The great radio comedian Fred Allen's comments about television might apply to this situation:

"The reason it's called a medium is because nothing is well done."
Old 02-08-2012, 02:29 PM

Babe Ruth hand signed means Babe Ruth's hand. Next.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Yes, there is a chance that piece will be certed by a company whose first initial is "T" and whose last initial is "A." The aforementioned authentication company may actually purchase the piece. They'll frame it with wood from the Titanic, rub the ball with some dirt from Transylvania to age it and then he will list it for auction. The auction description might read "This ball was signed by The Babe for the secretary of Charles Lindbergh after Mr. Lindbergh arrived back from Paris on the USS Memphis......."
--
Old 02-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Brandon M. Grunbaum

It's back...And we have a direct link in the description haha.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ruth-Seance-...#ht_796wt_1396
Old 02-08-2012, 06:24 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Did the price just go up? I could've sworn it was a .99 auction before..
Old 02-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Back on my watch list, even though the price bump to $9.99 may be too high for a Ruth ball.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtix View Post
The great radio comedian Fred Allen's comments about television might apply to this situation:

"The reason it's called a medium is because nothing is well done."
I admire a man who quotes Fred Allen!

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com
Old 02-09-2012, 03:50 AM

I'm just amazed at the "custom" nail job exhibited by Vanna White in the photo. Where can I get my wife one of those? Yikes!!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:14 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
Did the price just go up? I could've sworn it was a .99 auction before..
I guess all that publicity on Net54 was worth 9.00 .
--
Old 02-09-2012, 07:32 AM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
I'm just amazed at the "custom" nail job exhibited by Vanna White in the photo. Where can I get my wife one of those? Yikes!!
Looks like those nails could give a great back scratching. That could be worth the opening bid.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default Support those nails

15 minutes left, if someone doesn't bid on this item, she's not going to be able to maintain those nails.