NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Pup6913

Default Thanks God I don't command the Trimmed cards firing Squad

Here is a link to an obvious trimmed card with no mention to it. My 4yr old was able to even identify this. Makes me proud she could see this but the seller couldn't. All the cards they have are trimmed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...id=p2759.l1259

MY BAD GUYS. Maybe my eyes aren't as well as I was told.

Last edited by Pup6913; 09-13-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:12 AM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913 View Post
Here is a link to an obvious trimmed card with no mention to it. My 4yr old was able to even identify this. Makes me proud she could see this but the seller couldn't. All the cards they have are trimmed.

Just looks like a poorly cropped scan. Try and be a little more careful before you publicly call out a seller.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:35 AM
Dave

Yeah, it looks like somebody hasn't graduated from relying on the automatic cropping function on their scanner.

Might be some bargains in there because of this.

Hope I haven't "outed" anything.

Last edited by D. Bergin; 09-13-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Just looks like a poorly cropped scan. Try and be a little more careful before you publicly call out a seller.
I'm going to agree with Matt. It's a poorly cropped scan.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default poor scans

Quote:

Personally I doubt any of them are trimmed. Rather they are cropped very poorly in the scans.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Jim VB

Quote:

Andrew,

I sense you may be a little quick on the trigger. First you were "calling out" Jason. Now it's some seller who probably doesn't know how his scanner works.

"Ready. Fire. Aim." ???

Last edited by Jim VB; 09-13-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Barry Sloate

I looked at a scan of the card before I read any of the posts and my first reaction was the card was not trimmed. First, nobody in his right mind would trim a card at such an extreme angle. Second, the lower right border is wider than is reasonably possible on a T205, and if he cut it down then at one time it was even larger still. I agree these are just really bad scans.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:45 AM
qu@n nguy3n

OP is just one huge level so we'd lay off the cards...haha good one OP!
Old 09-13-2009, 11:46 AM
Pup6913

Maybe you guys are right. I don't see the slightest bit of trimming on any of these cards when you blow them up? They sure do look that way though. My bad I guess but I am still skeptical of why you would crop off only part off the borders.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gar.jpg (30.1 KB, 463 views)
Old 09-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Jim VB

Andrew,

If you object to something I say on the board, please feel free to reply, ON THE BOARD. Leave me off your PM list.

First, I never said you were a "bad guy", on this or any other issue. I said you were a little quick with your judgement. I stand by that statement.

Second, you are correct, you've never "had any issue with me". I am pretty certain that it will stay that way forever, as we won't be doing business together. It wouldn't be worth it.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim VB View Post
Andrew,

If you object to something I say on the board, please feel free to reply, ON THE BOARD. Leave me off your PM list.

First, I never said you were a "bad guy", on this or any other issue. I said you were a little quick with your judgement. I stand by that statement.

Second, you are correct, you've never "had any issue with me". I am pretty certain that it will stay that way forever, as we won't be doing business together. It wouldn't be worth it.
Very well then
Old 09-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

Seller needs to scan better...I have more an issue with them not showing the back damage on these cards.

Joshua
Old 09-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Peter Spaeth

Anonymous accusations not good.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Tom Boblitt

Maybe Obama's old people death squads can take over the trimmed industry since they don't really exist for health care......or they can run the infraction system here on Net54baseball.com.............
Old 09-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Josh Adams

Please leave politics off of this board. It only creates division and flame wars.

Now, let's talk more about cards
Old 09-25-2009, 02:18 PM
Frank Wakefield

Well after seeing this thread I went and looked at the auctions myself. Bid on a few of the cards, won these two.

I think these have not been trimmed at all. Who of us have not ever been challenged by our scanner? The cards look just fine to me. Backs are good enough to suit me, too.