NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-22-2013, 04:11 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkammeyer View Post
+1

I have the strange thought that if I called numerous members "assholes" and then called Leon a "prick" I would get at least a small vacation .... if not a permanent one.

Must be nice to have clout like that.
I have known Danny for about 15 yrs. I have spent countless hours with him and we have had lots of dinners etc...together...I know Danny well and consider him a good hobby friend. I guess that is what a lot of folks, especially newer ones, don't know. There are about a hundred, or more, of us that go pretty far back. There are tons of members that go way further back than myself but regardless, a lot of us have deeper hobby ties than just the board. And as for Andrew (Aclinton1107), he just got the boot. There were reasons he wasn't booted earlier. That being said the "Andrew" threads need to either go away on their own or they will be locked. It's not fair for someone to get banned and then not be able to defend themselves while being talked about.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:04 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

delete.

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 02-22-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:53 PM
Steve K@mmɘyɘr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I have known Danny for about 15 yrs. I have spent countless hours with him and we have had lots of dinners etc...together...I know Danny well and consider him a good hobby friend. I guess that is what a lot of folks, especially newer ones, don't know. There are about a hundred, or more, of us that go pretty far back. There are tons of members that go way further back than myself but regardless, a lot of us have deeper hobby ties than just the board. And as for Andrew (Aclinton1107), he just got the boot. There were reasons he wasn't booted earlier. That being said the "Andrew" threads need to either go away on their own or they will be locked. It's not fair for someone to get banned and then not be able to defend themselves while being talked about.
I didn't expect you to respond ... but thank you.

Side note: I couldn't quickly find this thread so I used the sites search function. Using the word "asshole" this one pops up first

Small thrills in life.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:06 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
I didn't expect you to respond ... but thank you.

Side note: I couldn't quickly find this thread so I used the sites search function. Using the word "asshole" this one pops up first

Small thrills in life.

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 02-22-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:13 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Default Danny boy

Here is what's amazing. I offered $600 for a T206 (Ray Ryan) that you have had on Ebay since King Kong was a monkey (parden the dust on the computer). I just bought another Southern Leaguer, SGC 84 Jack Bastian for $690 at a major auction house. So, having said that, why is my offer a f*** you, stupid dumb ass, go f*** you're mama, a ridiculous type of offer? Just curious.... By the way, tell Oompa Loompa hello for me.....

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 02-22-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard38 View Post
I assume people are defending Dan because they are friends of his or at least have some sort of relationship through net54 with him. If a seller unknown to the board did the same thing I have a feeling the reaction would be different.
Well said
Old 02-22-2013, 07:59 PM
Belltown Vintage

.......... (sounded like whining )

Last edited by Runscott; 02-22-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:02 PM
Jeff

It's just frickin' baseball cards.
If a seller has a card priced 10-20 times what you think it's worth, move on.
Either way one of you is wrong and the distance isn't worth the drama.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."

Last edited by HRBAKER; 02-22-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:25 PM
Kenny Cole

Pretty simple, really.

Those who have been around for a long time, who have been proven to have integrity, and whose actions speak far louder then all of the bullsh#t words that I've been reading from some -- they get what isn't even a break because no break is needed. They get a laugh and an offer for a beer when next folks meet up. When you are there, all is good. Until then, get over it.

Kenny Cole
Old 02-22-2013, 08:25 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
.......... (sounded like whining )
Scott- not at all. I just dont understand why so many people accept how this asshole is. Per previous post, I can assure you he would not have the balls to speak to someone like he does in person. It's all about the internet....See you at the National

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 02-22-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:34 PM
Steve K@mmɘyɘr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Cole View Post
Until then, get over it.

Kenny Cole
Really?
Old 02-22-2013, 08:37 PM
Kenny Cole

Yes, really.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:41 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny cole View Post
pretty simple, really.

Those who have been around for a long time, who have been proven to have integrity, and whose actions speak far louder then all of the bullsh#t words that i've been reading from some -- they get what isn't even a break because no break is needed. They get a laugh and an offer for a beer when next folks meet up. When you are there, all is good. Until then, get over it.

Kenny cole
?? Wtf.....sounds like a commercial....

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 02-22-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Kenny Cole

Suffice it to say that it does not surprise me at all that you don't get it.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:47 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Not at all....but, Coors light executives are looking for you....
Old 02-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Kenny Cole

And you have a job modeling for dildos
Old 02-22-2013, 08:49 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
And you have a job modeling for dildos
Kenny....Shame on you, are you trying to contact Oompa Loompa?
Old 02-22-2013, 08:50 PM
Kenny Cole

Kevin,

Are you feeling inadequate again?
Old 02-22-2013, 08:56 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Kevin,

Are you feeling inadequate again?
Kenny- are you just pissed off because the SEC kicks your ass in football every year??
Old 02-22-2013, 08:57 PM
Steve K@mmɘyɘr

Quote:
Yes, really.
You have a seriously misconstrued version of what an "online community" is.
Once again .... I am new here ..... my word means NOTHING and I am not here to offend anyone. PLEASE believe that ........ but come on man.

As a member and former owner of more than a few online forums I FULLY understand that there will be bullsh*t and drama and little kiddie crap ..... believe me ..... I KNOW.

I have no problem being a part of a little bit of that ........ but when should I draw the line? I put my full name out there because I respect my opinion and because I RESPECT THIS SITE ....

How long do you think I should let things go with this "get over it or get along" attitude before I leave?

Do you care if I leave? Because believe me .... I wouldn't want you to leave the site.

If you don't want me to leave ..... why would you say.

Quote:
Pretty simple, really.

Those who have been around for a long time, who have been proven to have integrity, and whose actions speak far louder then all of the bullsh#t words that I've been reading from some -- they get what isn't even a break because no break is needed. They get a laugh and an offer for a beer when next folks meet up. When you are there, all is good. Until then, get over it.

Kenny Cole
Do you really .... REALLY feel like that? I mean "really"?

Because really man .... thats just a bad look for a site that i have my full name listed on.

It is what it is...... yes ....... a long time member getting a free pass ..... but that is NO reason for you to get involved.... and it is not your place to tell someone to either like your thoughts or "get over it".

Come on man .........

Just trying to bring this site back around to where it used to be.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:59 PM
Kenny Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
Kenny- are you just pissed off because the SEC kicks your ass in football every year??
lol, no answer so change the subject. I get it. It's OK, really. Inadequacy can be cured, sometimes, so I hear. You might want to look into it. Best,

Kenny
Old 02-22-2013, 09:02 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
lol, no answer so change the subject. I get it. It's OK, really. Inadequacy can be cured, sometimes, so I hear. You might want to look into it. Best,

Kenny
wow....
Old 02-22-2013, 09:05 PM
Kenny Cole

Quote:
You have a seriously misconstrued version of what an "online community" is.
Once again .... I am new here ..... my word means NOTHING and I am not here to offend anyone. PLEASE believe that ........ but come on man.

As a member and former owner of more than a few online forums I FULLY understand that there will be bullsh*t and drama and little kiddie crap ..... believe me ..... I KNOW.

I have no problem being a part of a little bit of that ........ but when should I draw the line? I put my full name out there because I respect my opinion and because I RESPECT THIS SITE ....

How long do you think I should let things go with this "get over it or get along" attitude before I leave?

Do you care if I leave? Because believe me .... I wouldn't want you to leave the site.

If you don't want me to leave ..... why would you say.

Do you really .... REALLY feel like that? I mean "really"?

Because really man .... thats just a bad look for a site that i have my full name listed on.

It is what it is...... yes ....... a long time member getting a free pass ..... but that is NO reason for you to get involved.... and it is not your place to tell someone to either like your thoughts or "get over it".

Come on man .........

Just trying to bring this site back around to where it used to be.
Steve,

It isn't my forum, so I don't get a vote. Having said that, I could care less whether or not you ever post here. Things were fine here before you came on, they'll be fine here if you leave, and they will be fine here if you stay. You don't really matter IMO. And, since you felt perfectly fine chiming in on Dan, I suppose I can do that as well. Have a nice evening. Full name out there always.

Kenny Cole
Old 02-22-2013, 09:10 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Tell you what Kenny, old Dan would be proud of you I'm sure.... He's a great guy, just ask him and he'll tell you....
Old 02-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Steve K@mmɘyɘr

Quote:
Steve,

It isn't my forum, so I don't get a vote. Having said that, I could care less whether or not you ever post here. Things were fine here before you came on, they'll be fine here if you leave, and they will be fine here if you stay. You don't really matter IMO. And, since you felt perfectly fine chiming in on Dan, I suppose I can do that as well. Have a nice evening. Full name out there always.

Kenny Cole
Your enthusiasm and overall fervor for Net54 are a true inspiration to SO many people. I am sure your membership here is GREATLY appreciated. My sincerest apologies for my epic mistake.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:11 PM
Kenny Cole

And you aren't. And life goes on.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:11 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Your enthusiasm and overall fervor for Net54 are a true inspiration to SO many people. I am sure your membership here is GREATLY appreciated. My sincerest apologies for my epic mistake.
+1.....
Old 02-22-2013, 09:13 PM
Kenny Cole

Quote:
Steve,

See my previous post to you. Have a GREAT evening. Best,

Kenny Cole
Old 02-22-2013, 09:21 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Scott- not at all. I just dont understand why so many people accept how this asshole is. Per previous post, I can assure you he would not have the balls to speak to someone like he does in person. It's all about the internet....See you at the National
It is totally all about the internet.

My experience is that regardless of how adamant someone might be that their internet persona and 'real life' persona are exactly the same, it's impossible to know; however, relationships generally start from scratch the day the two people actually meet, or at least the threats of violence are forgotten.

While I know of a few times when people finally met and still hated each other, I've run into far more examples where an internet asshole ended up being my friend when we finally met.

So, basically I'm saying that Dan's 'internet balls' are irrelevant (sorry, Dan).
Old 02-22-2013, 09:29 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
It is totally all about the internet.

My experience is that regardless of how adamant someone might be that their internet persona and 'real life' persona are exactly the same, it's impossible to know; however, relationships generally start from scratch the day the two people actually meet, or at least the threats of violence are forgotten.

While I know of a few times when people finally met and still hated each other, I've run into far more examples where an internet asshole ended up being my friend when we finally met.

So, basically I'm saying that Dan's 'internet balls' are irrelevant (sorry, Dan).
Scott- I hear you and I respect your opinion. Having said that, he's a prick (elephant proportions)....

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 02-22-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:45 PM
James Wymer

Steve I think everybody matters. I may think your opinion is wrong so what. Your entitled to that and nobody no matter how rudely they type can they take or should they be able to take that from you. You are a fellow Buckeye. I got your back!
Always accepting quality consignments

Last edited by Wymers Auction; 02-22-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:57 PM
Steve K@mmɘyɘr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wymers Auction View Post
Steve I think everybody matters. I may think your opinion is wrong so what. Your entitled to that and nobody no matter how rudely they type can they take or should they be able to take that from you. You are a fellow Buckeye. I got your back!
Hey ..... thoughts are thoughts ... and feelings are feelings .... words are words ...

and then there are "THE" Ohio State Buckeyes..... that's a completely different world
Old 02-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Belltown Vintage

My new mission in life. I know it can happen. Kevin.....Dan.....Steve.....

(I'm the guy taking the picture)

Old 02-22-2013, 10:06 PM
Clayton

Quote:
My new mission in life. I know it can happen. Kevin.....Dan.....Steve.....

(I'm the guy taking the picture)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2lZB3ook7A

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 02-22-2013, 10:17 PM
Kevin Qui.nn

Default domain listings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Wolt View Post
Tom, true!
But the guy offered Dan 5% of what the card was listed for.
W/ such a disparity, he should have researched the value prior to making the offer.
Does anyone expect any seller to discount a lot at 95% off their asking price?
there are 20 million dollar domain listings you can purchase for 10 bucks....especially in the porn business. many people all day post rediculous prices for their stuff.

the arguments for and against are cut and dry. the only thing this thread is doing is keeping this ridiculous conversation about how dan may or may not be a dick alive.

stop humoring his ridiculous threads and his attitude will stop. he clearly needs the attention.

kevin
Old 02-23-2013, 01:54 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Default Mr. Loompa checking in with Top 5!

Quote:
Here is what's amazing. I offered $600 for a T206 (Ray Ryan) that you have had on Ebay since King Kong was a monkey (parden the dust on the computer). I just bought another Southern Leaguer, SGC 84 Jack Bastian for $690 at a major auction house. So, having said that, why is my offer a f*** you, stupid dumb ass, go f*** you're mama, a ridiculous type of offer? Just curious.... By the way, tell Oompa Loompa hello for me.....
Guess you forgot that part where after you got turned down you decided to post a thread where you called Dan’s card trimmed..which is very funny for a guy who hated this card why again did you make so many offers?

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=158200

Also forgot the part where it backfired on you and most folks said the card looked fine…but how can we expect others here to understand you after all you’re top 5 material vs. all us slack jaws.

“How ironic for him(Dan McKee) to unload on me calling me a joke in the hobby and a pussy to boot, when I was questioning one of his cards. But yet, he is always unloading on people about their supposedly trimmed cards. I guess he gets a free pass. Pertaining T206 collectors, my collection is probably in the top 5 of NET54 members and if some members find me aggressive, so be it. I do think I know just a little bit about T206s.” Kevin Mize

You continue to keep it real Kevin. You big time top 5 collector. You poor under-graded card magnet grading expert BST bumping machine!

What ever would we do without you telling us how awesome you are daily?

Oh wait I know the answer to this question continue to collect and not even know or care that you exist.

Just in case we forget about you dont forget to BUMP.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:13 AM
Jim R

what really caused this was the ebayer thought the premium was for Brown Lenox the color brown and it was Mordecai Brown HOF black Lenox. A brown Lenox HOF would have sold for much more.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:50 AM
Adam Goldenberg

+1- Jim that's just too easy !!

Whose the Oompa Loompa ?
Old 02-23-2013, 07:18 AM

Hi Kevin, I will be at the very first booth on the right when you walk into the National in Chicago this year. Please feel free to come up and introduce yourself. I hide from no one.

Dan Mckee
Old 02-23-2013, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Hi Kevin, I will be at the very first booth on the right when you walk into the National in Chicago this year. Please feel free to come up and introduce yourself. I hide from no one.

Dan Mckee
Old 02-23-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Well heck. I made a ridiculously low offer on one of his auctions in effort to extract an asinine response and I just got blocked.

I guess you guys' posts set him straight!!
I answered you, read the response in the decline email. It was something like this for your $67 offer:

"You have a deal as long as I can cover shipping and buy you dinner tonight"
Old 02-23-2013, 07:22 AM

Oh and you are correct about 1 thing K-Mize, I do not have the "balls" but I do have the "ball"; Cancer took the left one in 1988.

Last edited by danmckee; 02-23-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:55 AM
jim frey

this entire thread, along with too many others of late, is very discouraging -hoping the trend doesn't become the norm

jim frey

Last edited by buckyball1; 02-23-2013 at 12:22 PM.