NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-04-2012, 09:45 PM

Default just got power back tonight

just got power back on tonight after 5 days without and man has it been miserable in this heat. i can handle mid 70's but not mid to high 90's every day these last 5 days and would have paid a $500 for a working fan lol. if you dont know in central ohio we had a storm come through friday afternoon with 80 mph winds that just killed the electricity knocking over trees and knocking down polls and of course it was record highs this year. I hope to never have to do this again knock on wood
Old 07-05-2012, 06:52 AM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

I hear ya and glad that you finally have power. We had the same storm rip through Virginia. I was without for 3 days and was fortunate to find a Marriott that was pet friendly early Saturday morning before they were all booked up. Temperatures were either near or exceeded triple digits. They opened cooling centers to families without power which was great for those that couldn't afford or find hotel rooms in the area. Friends of mine are still without power as of this morning.

r/
Frank
Old 07-05-2012, 07:08 AM

Glad to hear you're back on. I'm just outside DC. Same storm hit us pretty good late Friday night. A family friend has practically lived with us since Saturday to avoid the 90+ heat with no power. She just just got power back last night. We lucked out in my place, short outage on Friday night, no problems since.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Bill T.

My cousin sent pics of Cambridge, about an hour east of you. It looked like a tornado had set down--roofs off, signs down, debris everywhere. Glad to hear you're OK.

Bill
Old 07-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

One word: generator. Big-ass generator.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:39 AM
JB

Default .......................

That is great news! I think we (myself included) as a society take having power and a/c completely for granted, but when you dont have it, WOW, it makes you really take a step back and start to appreciate things.

Successful transactions with: HRBAKER, CHADDURBIN,DRDDUET,DOUBLEP,T213, RM444, MJSILVEY80, CHARLIETHEEXTERMINATOR,QUINNSRYCHE,PROFHOLT82,EJST EL,OHIOCARDCOLLECTOR
Old 07-05-2012, 08:21 AM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
One word: generator. Big-ass generator.
That was the first thing I (along with most of Stafford) attempted to do Saturday morning, but I guess the demand (1+ million without power) exceeded supply (less than 5 total) as of 8:30 am on that Saturday. That was when I went to work on securing a hotel reservation. It was difficult hearing families with children being told no rooms were available, but that was how it was by noon.

r/
Frank
Old 07-05-2012, 09:55 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Yeah, once the horse it out of the barn all the generators are gone. Putting in a large, in-ground generator will give you peace of mind. Doesn't take too long, is expensive, but so are hotel rooms and spoiled meat over a ten year period. Downside: neighbors show up when the power goes out.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:07 AM

Been 100+ here for two straight weeks with no relief in sight :-(
It has not rained a single drop in 15 days.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Ke.n K0hen

We were down for 48 hours N. Va). Luckier than many.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:58 AM
T0dd M@rcum

First day back in the office here in SWVA. God bless Appalachian Power Company.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Jason Stricker

I'm in northern VA outside of DC and we, like many others, were hit hard. I was at the beach and received a call from the neighbor with news of the storm and the damage. Thankfully, nothing really major and we never lost power, but I know of many coworkers and friends that still are without power.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by T's please View Post
That was the first thing I (along with most of Stafford) attempted to do Saturday morning, but I guess the demand (1+ million without power) exceeded supply (less than 5 total) as of 8:30 am on that Saturday. That was when I went to work on securing a hotel reservation. It was difficult hearing families with children being told no rooms were available, but that was how it was by noon.

r/
Frank
Hi Frank - I'm curious - why are you "embarrassed to say" you are located in Stafford, VA?

I was fortunate as I never lost power in Centreville, VA. My sister in nearby Potomac, MD, did, but they have a big-ass generator.
Val