NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 02:51 PM
@ndrew woo.dfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by botport View Post
I just got off of about a 20 min phone conversation with Al. Time to fall on my sword.

He has located the cards. Al even offered to (vehemently) let me keep the reimbursement check that should arrive any day. (See post #1)
I denied this request and will hold check until cards arrive, then destroy it.

I apologize to anyone that I have offended by starting this thread, especially Al.

I will post further updates if anyone feels that an update is necessary.

Frank Horvath
Glad to hear it was sorted out. Best wishes to your future endeavors. Maybe just a titch more patience. Then again you can tell me to f*** off for the grief I gave you also. Either way glad to hear it's all settled.

Member since 2009

Last edited by Leon; 01-09-2018 at 04:56 PM. Reason: f bomb
Old 01-09-2018, 02:57 PM
Fr@nk H.0r.v@th

Default Andrew

I think you are a piece of shit.

But that is another thread for another day.

Frank Horvath.

CAMNITZ HAH BACK RUN PROJECT:

T206 Camnitz (HAH) AB 460 / SC Fact 25 and OP / EPDG (Upgrade Needed)

T206 Magee Portrait
T206 Walsh
T206 Joss Portrait
T206 Red Cobb
T206 Shag
T206 E Collins
Old 01-09-2018, 03:06 PM
Tom Boblitt

well, that de-escalated in one way and re-escalated in another...........

Congrats to all in the loop who are not dicks who are now made whole..........
Old 01-09-2018, 03:15 PM
Doug Goodman

I would think that this thread shows that Al is "one of the good ones".

And Frank get's a thumbs up in my book, too.

If I had been the OP, I would change the title of the thread to :

"My sad happy experience with LOTG"
Old 01-09-2018, 03:10 PM
@ndrew woo.dfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by botport View Post
I think you are a piece of shit.

But that is another thread for another day.

Frank Horvath.

Well you know how to start a thread so fire away cupcake!

Member since 2009
Old 01-09-2018, 02:58 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

Frank,

Very glad to hear that Al found the cards, and an incredible offer for him to let you keep the refund...also a great move on your part not to take it since the card were found.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:02 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T205 GB View Post
Maybe just a titch more patience.
Seller received cleared payment 12/10 and has been sitting on them for a month now. Yeah, maybe just a titch more patience. Clearly he should have waited two months.

Whether you agree with the OP's methods or not, it worked. Period. I really don't think he would have received his cards if not for this thread.

That's not a knock against Al, I truly believe it was an honest mistake. But the squeaking wheel gets the grease.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:13 PM
@ndrew woo.dfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Seller received cleared payment 12/10 and has been sitting on them for a month now. Yeah, maybe just a titch more patience. Clearly he should have waited two months.

Whether you agree with the OP's methods or not, it worked. Period. I really don't think he would have received his cards if not for this thread.

That's not a knock against Al, I truly believe it was an honest mistake. But the squeaking wheel gets the grease.
You gotta be ignorant. He wouldn't have got the cards if not for being outed and and drug through the mud publicly but it's not a knock against Al. Your a tool dude!

Member since 2009
Old 01-09-2018, 03:24 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T205 GB View Post
You gotta be ignorant. He wouldn't have got the cards if not for being outed and and drug through the mud publicly but it's not a knock against Al. Your a tool dude!
LOL! I'm ignorant? Aren't you the one who for years now has been talking about some secretive computerized card grading technology? You're so full of crap and everybody knows it. So, when can we expect to see this new technology? Don't tell me, it's a secret, right?
Old 01-09-2018, 03:34 PM
Hal T.

Approximately 380 more posts to surpass the infamous T206 Ty Cobb Red Background Lenox back thread!

Last edited by OriolesHOF; 01-09-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:38 PM

The OP told a story that was confirmed by the person the story was about. You have to tell a lie to defame someone.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:59 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

I consider Al to be scrupulously honest, trustworthy in all regards, and a good personal friend. And wouldn't it be nice if the card in question is returned to Al and the original deal successfully completed.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:08 PM
@ndrew woo.dfin

Quote:
LOL! I'm ignorant? Aren't you the one who for years now has been talking about some secretive computerized card grading technology? You're so full of crap and everybody knows it. So, when can we expect to see this new technology? Don't tell me, it's a secret, right?
No it's never been a secret. It's not some top secret government conspiracy. Go and read the threads. There is quite a bit of detail out there about it. Ask away. Your a hobbiest and the scanner is being built around the ideas of what you all want to see. Yes it's an elaborate contraption so to speak but in the years I have been messing with stuff technology has advanced tons. Makes it easier to build more information into it. That's where most the time is spent. The scanner itself is just a high resolution scanner that takes both sides at once, has a led black light adapted for second pass scans. Then the programming takes over and gives a topographic like map of the surfaces. From there you get the screen enter the info, specify the grade, and barcode it with one of those square tool scanners. Once we enter it into the registry the card will always have its unique qualities. Crack and submit 100 times. Trim it if you want. You can't ever remove the fingerprint like data that got pulled during the scan. I also want to include those scans with the pop reports so people can pull up a card if they are suspicious. Hell switch it out with a different card. Once we confirm that it's not the correct card for the holder we delete it from the registry making the label void. Say in ten years that card comes back through we will add it back to the report as an updated card. Then you can always tell what has and hasn't been tampered with. That's the idea anyway.

Member since 2009
Old 01-10-2018, 12:22 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:

Umm.... 12/10 to 1/10 is only one month.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:37 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Umm.... 12/10 to 1/10 is only one month.
No kidding?

Reading comprehension is a lost art.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:49 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
No kidding?

Reading comprehension is a lost art.
It sure is Especially when someone says two months in their post, which is quoted and still doesn't get that it's not even close.

Keep up the good work.
Closed Thread