NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Default Is this trimmed?

Posted By: Mark

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=86839&item=5171533095&rd=1

Thanks!

Old 03-09-2005, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Default Is this trimmed?

Posted By: Judge Dred

The following is from the item description:

You can see that the cut on the left edge is a little awkward but there is absolutely no evidence of tampering and I would say for certain that the left edge is a natural, original cut, just a little funky.

SanDiegoWill is a very reliable seller of vintage material on ebay.

Old 03-09-2005, 04:36 PM
Administrator

Default Is this trimmed?

I read Will's description, but I was curious what others think. I haven't seen such a "funky side" to an n172 before. The jagged cut at the end of the curvy part reminds me of how I cut wrapping paper.

Old 03-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Administrator

Default Is this trimmed?

Posted By: Scott Jeter

is to get it graded than you may want to pass on this auction. SanDiegoWill is a legitimate seller. I've purchased many items from him and have had no problems. My concern is not with the seller but the grader. I think PSA and SGC would have a problem with that left edge, natural or not.

Scott

Old 03-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Default Is this trimmed?

SGC is a little forgiving on some of the miscuts. PSA will grade with a possible MC (miscut) qualifier. I've had N172s graded by both SGC and PSA that had odd cuts.

If it looks like a "vintage" cut then they might grade it.

Old 03-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Default Is this trimmed?

Posted By: Robert

I have bought a lot of cards from sandieglow and he is very honest. He has listed a lot of cards and stated that they where trimmed. Maybe if you contact him and ask if he will gaurantee that it will grade and not come back trimmed, he probable will allow it.

Robert

Old 03-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Default Is this trimmed?

Scott is right on the money; I want to know if it will grade. I've bought great cards from Will before and I did write to see if he'd guaranty it (the auction ends soon though). I'm still worried that a grading company would find (or think they have found) "evidence of trimming," so it sounds risky to bid unless Will comes back with a guaranty. Thanks for the help.

Old 03-09-2005, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Default Is this trimmed?

Posted By: Robert

I just looked and sandieglow has a few N172's graded by SGC listed on ebAY which tells me that the card in question is probable trimmed or altered and came back that way from SGC. Not accusing anyone just looks funny...

Old 03-09-2005, 08:16 PM
Administrator

Default Is this trimmed?

One of the best features of Wills item description is his phone number. You can call him and he'll be happy to answer any questions you have about an item.

Old 03-09-2005, 10:38 PM
Administrator

Default Is this trimmed?

Posted By: Paul

Looks like someone got a Billy Hamilton for a bargain price by today's standards.