NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-08-2024, 10:03 AM
Ru.ss Khederi@n

Default Can PSA Customer Service really be slower than S--T ???

I called PSA this morning at 10:07 EST. There were more than 10 callers before me in the queue. I refuse to enter a call back number as in my experience they have NEVER called back. By 11AM I was down to 5 callers ahead of me. It is now 12 Noon and STILL at 5 callers ahead of me. Did they all drown in the flood ?? PSA really sucks when it comes to customer service.
JMHO
Old 02-08-2024, 10:06 AM
pete ullman

Where would we be without the constant complaint threads about PSA.

How many times must a business offer unacceptable customer service and a poor quality product...yet the lemmings are still beating down the door.

You gotta love it!!!!

Last edited by ullmandds; 02-08-2024 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-08-2024, 10:10 AM
David M.

Yeah, nobody uses PSA anymore. They're too busy! (Thank you Yogi)
Old 02-08-2024, 10:10 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Thanks for the updates!
Quote:
Originally Posted by russkcpa View Post
I called PSA this morning at 10:07 EST. There were more than 10 callers before me in the queue. I refuse to enter a call back number as in my experience they have NEVER called back. By 11AM I was down to 5 callers ahead of me. It is now 12 Noon and STILL at 5 callers ahead of me. Did they all drown in the flood ?? PSA really sucks when it comes to customer service.
JMHO
Old 02-08-2024, 10:37 AM
Drew W@i$e

Folks, PSA doesn't care about customer service. But this hasn't effected the amount they are grading.

https://www.gemrate.com/dash
Old 02-08-2024, 10:50 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
Where would we be without the constant complaint threads about PSA.

How many times must a business offer unacceptable customer service and a poor quality product...yet the lemmings are still beating down the door.

You gotta love it!!!!
It would be a WAY slower forum. Just remember PSA slabs sell for the most money. Main thing is to keep telling yourself and everyone else that. If everyone actually discovers what a complete joke they are our collections will be worth WAY less and nobody wants that. PSA rules.
Old 02-08-2024, 11:07 AM
mͺttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Does SGC still not have a phone number at all?
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 02-08-2024, 11:20 AM

Just lower your expectations and you will be fine
Old 02-08-2024, 11:34 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Wheat View Post
Just lower your expectations and you will be fine
LOL Awesome Mr Wheat you get my vote for post of the day.
Old 02-08-2024, 11:44 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
It would be a WAY slower forum. Just remember PSA slabs sell for the most money. Main thing is to keep telling yourself and everyone else that. If everyone actually discovers what a complete joke they are our collections will be worth WAY less and nobody wants that. PSA rules.
oh ya! PSA FOREVER!
Old 02-08-2024, 12:48 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Don't forget to eat your lunch while you wait.
Old 02-08-2024, 12:57 PM
Ru.ss Khederi@n

2:50 PM Update:
I was Number 2 in the queue when I went out 90 minutes ago but didn't hang up. Just returned and still number 2. You can't make this shit up.
Old 02-08-2024, 01:23 PM
Howard Chasser

Default In a word......

Yes

Ps. Been there - feel for you man!

Cards for sale: https://www.flickr.com/photos/185900663@N07/albums

I am actively buying and selling vintage sports cards graded and raw. Feedback as a buyer: https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=297262

I am accepting select private consignments of quality vintage cards (raw or graded) and collecting "want" lists for higher end ($1K+) vintage cards.
Old 02-08-2024, 02:05 PM
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by russkcpa View Post
2:50 PM Update:
I was Number 2 in the queue when I went out 90 minutes ago but didn't hang up. Just returned and still number 2. You can't make this shit up.
What would have been sad is if you returned and found that they hung up because nobody responded when it was finally your turn.

I guess you gotta be in Zen mode if making a call to a TPG. Vegas should make odds on this - "how long before PSA answers their phone?" Probably best to take the "over", every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post

You gotta love it!!!!

That is the perfect business model - let people know you don't care, suck at what you do and have everyone begging for more... it doesn't allude to a positive depiction of the customers that accept this mediocrity.
Old 02-09-2024, 11:31 AM
Chase

The customer service experience far exceeds their accuracy and fairness in grading vintage. Was told by more than one person who left the company since it was taken private, that they intentionally keep the CS well under staffed to discourage people from contacting them. They just want you to send them money and hat's off to the sheeple, they are doing just that. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I stopped submitting long ago. Call me stupid but I can tolerate waiting 3 to 4 weeks to get an emails returned. I can tolerate having to be in the queue for a call within 15 mins of opening and waiting around all day for a call back. I can even tolerate the wait times to get cards back and the less than reasonable grading fees but I cannot tolerate my vintage cards consistently coming back 2 grades lower than they are. Been doing this too long to be off by 2 grades submission after submission.
Old 02-09-2024, 11:55 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
The customer service experience far exceeds their accuracy and fairness in grading vintage. Was told by more than one person who left the company since it was taken private, that they intentionally keep the CS well under staffed to discourage people from contacting them. They just want you to send them money and hat's off to the sheeple, they are doing just that. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I stopped submitting long ago. Call me stupid but I can tolerate waiting 3 to 4 weeks to get an emails returned. I can tolerate having to be in the queue for a call within 15 mins of opening and waiting around all day for a call back. I can even tolerate the wait times to get cards back and the less than reasonable grading fees but I cannot tolerate my vintage cards consistently coming back 2 grades lower than they are. Been doing this too long to be off by 2 grades submission after submission.
But other than that, they are really good at what they do.

https://www.youtube.com/@tsogreatness/videos
Old 02-09-2024, 12:05 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default I do collect PSA slabs (among others), but

PSA Customer Service never bothers me at all.

I never use them for grading.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.