NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Autographs & Game Used B/S/T

Old 10-23-2012, 10:20 AM

Default FS: 1982 World Series Cardinals Line Up Card

Selling the one and only game used Cardinals dugout Line Up card from the winning Game 7 of the '82 World Series. If interested, please reply here or at scottahudson@comcast.net

Additional photo matches available, all from official MLB footage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LineupCard.jpg (77.2 KB, 293 views)
File Type: jpg Photomatch1.jpg (49.2 KB, 294 views)
Old 11-08-2012, 09:48 AM

**bump**
Old 11-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Default $

Price?
Old 11-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Dave

I would also be interested in a price and any other info about the lineup card

thanks
Dave
Old 11-09-2012, 06:51 PM

The card has been in my sole possession since I obtained it that night as an 11 yr old luckily enough to be in the right place at the right time. I went to at least 60 games that year as my family were first year season ticket holders. As the Cards won and the crowd streamed on the field, I ran down the aisle to the dugout railing where the clubhouse mgr pulled the card off the dugout wall and handed it to me. It has been preserved well since that day and is in incredible condition. I have several other photo matches where you can track the progression of the substitutions Whitey made and how he then altered the card each time. I am considering offering this card at auction and if I do a reserve will be set at $4,000.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:21 PM
Ty

Very cool item, but I would think on a GREAT day in a premium auction with good advertising you would be lucky to see it sell for more than $1500. I would doubt an auction house would even let you set a reserve. Have you received estimates from any auction houses on it yet? Just a fair warning if you try to sell it on your own. You have waaaay too much sentimental value attached to it. Don't sell it. again, awesome item. give it another 75 years though. Anyone else agree?
Old 11-19-2012, 01:35 PM

Ty:
Thanks for posting on the thread and yes, I do agree with you that establishing value for a "one of a kind" piece like this can be difficult. You can find past sales for authentic World Series Lineup cards as low as $1,500 and as high as $165,000. Every card is unique in it's own right depending on which World Series game it is from and which team it is for. Yes, I have spoke with most of the larger Auction shops. Before I had the MLB footage photo matches, I believe your assessment would not have been to far off. The consistent feedback I have received from all of the auction houses is the equation changed dramatically once the card was authenticated with photos from MLB footage. Because this would be a fairly easy item to counterfeit, the card's provenance is crucial in establishing the value. Buying a Lineup card from today's era is simple with the MLB authentication process however it was not in existence in 1982. Buying a Game 7 World Series Lineup card from the winning team in 1982 and being 100% certain it is authentic is very difficult to achieve and thus reflects a certain level of valuation. Given that this is the circumstance here, I fully expect to see the item achieve that dollar amount or more.
Regards,
Scott
Old 11-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Is@ac Le.vin

Here is my 2 cents...

I do not collect lineup cards so I may be a little biased on the topic, but I think 4,000 is way too high. Sure I get it, one-of-a-kind item with the footage seals it pretty much as it being authentic, but the price is still too high. Ty is right, it means too much to you, so its value to "you" is clouding your judgement on what it would take for you to part with it. It is near priceless to you, because you got it in person during a very exciting time in your life, but that story only matters to you, not someone who would bid on it. There are a small subset of collectors who would be interested in this item, and unfortunately, when that happens, they tend to be able to dictate the price on these items. If you need that much to be OK with letting it go, sit on it, wait some years, then when that championship is farther away, then you may have the ability to dictate the price more.

I hope this above didn't offend you in anyway, I am just stating my opinion on this. On a side note, it is a cool piece!
Old 11-26-2012, 01:16 PM

Isaac:

No offense taken whatsoever and I do agree with you, it is a cool piece!

Regards,
Scott
Old 11-27-2012, 01:13 PM

Per a few requests, I am attaching a few more close up photos of the card.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LineUp Card2.jpg (52.9 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg LineUp Card3.jpg (48.0 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg LineUp Card4.jpg (48.6 KB, 109 views)
Old 12-26-2012, 07:49 PM

Bump
Old 01-27-2013, 07:20 AM

A lot of 11 of my regular season Game Used Lineup Cards are in this month's MEARS auction (many from the Championship 1982 season), please take a look if interested .....