NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-14-2012, 03:59 PM
David Linardy

Default Positive Experiences on net 54

I realize that there has been a lot of recent scuttlebutt (probably spelled wrong) among a few members on the board... I wanted to shoot a quick thanks to the people that I have had interactions with of late...

SCMavl-Like the theme collecting, and glad I could help add to the collection!
Gnaz01-Thanks for that great trade a few months back!
Lukelyon-Hope you like the t206's!
Gray ghost-Always a pleasure sir!
Shamus-What a great Eddie Plank!
Sycks22-glad we were able to iron out a deal & I absolutely adore the matty p2
Richardsimon-You saved me a ton of $... Thanks!
Tyler-Glad Addie found a good home!
dougscats-Always a pleasure and keep those t202 end panels coming!!!

Thanks to all for making my experience on net 54 a wonderful one...

Happy Collecting!
-Dave

PS-if you have had any recent positive experiences on the board feel free to add to the thread!
Old 06-14-2012, 04:37 PM
$teve O.

I have never had a bad experience with anyone I've dealt with on here!!
Old 06-14-2012, 05:02 PM
Rob Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39special View Post
I have never had a bad experience with anyone I've dealt with on here!!
+1 Everyone I have ever dealt with has been A+++++
Old 06-14-2012, 06:01 PM
Matt Miller

Ive never had a bad experience on these boards. I am not the most active member, but plan to change that where I can add to a thread going forward. I especially appreciate the fact that there is not the drama and shenanigans on this board that takes place over at the CU boards. I can hardly stand to be over there anymore, and I am a long time member, with 5000+ posts.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Pete Sycks

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves_resale_shop View Post
I realize that there has been a lot of recent scuttlebutt (probably spelled wrong) among a few members on the board... I wanted to shoot a quick thanks to the people that I have had interactions with of late...

Happy Collecting!
-Dave

PS-if you have had any recent positive experiences on the board feel free to add to the thread!

Thanks for working with me David. It's nice to see a positive thread.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:47 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Seeing some positive interaction on the board can help balance out some of the not-so-positive interaction and I moved this thread from another section. Of course I have had a ton of good experiences but I am biased.

Last edited by Leon; 06-15-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:52 AM
Ed McCollum

Default If I tried to list everyone who has been a postivie influence

it would be way too long of a list, and I'd surely leave someone out. Never a bad experience on the board, or with anyone from the board.

Special thanks to Leon and the other moderators who keep this great resource available.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:54 AM
octavio ranzola

net 54 rocks folks ,,,,
Old 06-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Joe H
Joe He.rne

I haven't been on the boards very long, and have only made one trade, it was with MacDice and it was 100% top notch.

Not only did we come to an agreement very quickly and reasonably... But we were absolutely able to bolster very specific collections we're working on.

I'm now only 6 cards from finishing a type set I've been working on for almost a decade.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:59 AM
Scott

This is a great board. Ive bought some great stuff, sold stuff, and gained a ton of knowledge. Id say Dave Resale, GNaz, RJackson, Ibuysports ephemera, 39special, ScottGarner and more have stood out for all their buys/sells and just being classy people

And of course SO Many from Richard, Chris Williams and more on knowledge gained.

Thanks to Leon for this wonderful site.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Skip

Default Positive

I, too, have only been a member of this forum for a short while. However, I have learned so much about cards, memorabilia, photos, etc. from some of the most helpful folk on the planet, no matter the negative banter from time to time. The positives outweight the negatives! Thank you Leon and members...
Old 06-15-2012, 09:31 AM
Chr!$ "Bubba" L@mb

I've bought from 25-30 different people on the B/S/T boards and never had a single problem. In fact, I am always surprised how quickly the items arrive and how well they are packaged.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:36 AM

i enjoy this forum very much and for the most part there are great people on here and everyone i have bought from has been great. The only issue i ever had was getting treated like a idiot when i ask a question that happens very rarely but does happen.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:39 AM
nels0n aud.et

I learn a lot of thing about the hobby here on the board.

I go on the net54 each day many time a day to read and learn

I made many great buy on this board!! And found my t206 plank here via the net54.

Thx to all people here for all transactions andd to share your experience with other member
Old 06-15-2012, 10:00 AM
David M.

I too have learned a lot from the many experts on this board. Sometimes I've asked some pretty dumb questions, and people have been nice explaining things too me. I even won a Net54 T-shirt from one of Leon's contests! I check the board nearly every day and I've had nothing but positive interactions with the many board members I've dealt with. And that is also true of the nonsport side of the board as well.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:13 AM
Jason Stricker

Net54 is a great board and my experiences have been positive. Many have helped me with my set (too many to list) and expand my knowledge of the hobby. Thanks to those who see auctions or know of deals and alert me of them. It's nice to know others keep your needs in mind and are kind enough to help.

And thanks to our fearless leader, Leon, who keeps things fair and running smoothly.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:32 AM
Luke Lyon

Thanks for the kind words, Dave. I've had nothing but pleasant experiences here on this board. I think we owe a lot to Leon for keeping 99.9% of the scammers out so we can feel secure in trusting each other. Trading cards here is just as fun as it was as a kid trading cards in person and I really value the fact that we can do that and not be paranoid about getting ripped off.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:33 AM
S Gross

100%
Old 06-15-2012, 10:46 AM
Chris Browne
Administrator

I have had so many positive exchanges over the short time I've been on here. The constant sharing of information is priceless and by far my favorite aspect is seeing and discussing all the great cards in your collections. It's truly a blessing to be able to have the time and resources to collect and discuss the ins and outs of our wonky hobby.

Thanks everyone for making this an inviting, helpful & overall fun place for us newbs.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:57 AM
Tony N.

Default Postive Dealings

I had 6 transactions with board memebers, and all of them were great.

Board members were Leon L, Scott B, Jim L, Quan, Steven S, Dave G.

I hope to do many more in the future!

Tony
Old 06-15-2012, 11:27 AM
Pup6913

I have had a lot (to many to count) of positive experiences and transactions on this board. I have made many close friends and learned more about this hobby in the yrs I have been here than before finding this site. I am glad I am able to contribute what little I can about the cards I collect. I know we all don't always see eye to eye but we all share the same common interest. We are all part of the Net54 family.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Zach

I would like to thank Vwtdi for my N29 Ewing, nameless for my N28 Ward, gareterag for my N162 Anson and T205 Cobb, Zernialfan for my T205 Collins mouth open Pied fac 42, Tyler for my T205 Evers, Walsh, Johnson, and Wheat. Marcdelpericio for my T205 Cy Young, Speaker and three other T205s. bbcard1 for my T205 Bresnahan mouth open. And Ray for my T205 Joss (I enjoyed meeting you to talk card when you came to Chicagoland). These were great experiences with these members, at fair prices and they shipped fast.

Leon thanks for creating this forum so I can vent about my card obession and buy cards I either can't get from ebay or can't get a fair price on at least. I am glad to see the hobby is not completely gone.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

We are not alone. For the most part, we respect one another. Deals and trades have all been most satisfactory. Good relationships require tolerance and our leader leads by example in this regard. Looking forward to future transactions with friends both old and new, as well as an occasional rant. Thanks to all for tolerating me as I may be around for awhile. I didn't realize that I was making a long term commitment when I asked that silly question "What's Your Monster Number?"

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:44 PM
James Wymer

I have bought and sold items on here and have enjoyed all the the transactions. I learn a lot on here. Thanks to everyone who contributes!!!!
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 06-15-2012, 07:03 PM
J.

I am a little quieter because I don't usually have novel or interesting things to say, but I greatly enjoy the posts in all of the various forums and I've had all great experiences buying in the B/S/T from a number of different sellers.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Dan Brown

This site is amazing. It is a better fix than a cup of coffee and i visit it first on my routine surfing before the weather!! The folks on here are friendly and for the most part helpful! Thanks so much all!!
Old 06-16-2012, 05:22 AM
Rich Rockwood

Lots of good experiences on here on the BST front and I've also learned a ton from the board.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:41 AM
Bob Pomilla

Am happy to say that all my transactions with fellow board members have been at a minimum, easy and honest business deals. Sometimes even some pleasant banter and a joke or two have been exchanged. Never had to sue anyone.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Rob G.

I've had positive deals with the following (either by name or ID), some of which I've had multiple transactions:

Arex C., Eric K., Beatles Guy, Jason L., Rob B., Mike W., Mark P., Ray N., Anthony N., Jimmy M., Hank L., Chris N., Michael S., Bill K., Josh, Sean B., Paul M., Mark T., Billy C., Trae, Brad G., Steve M., Ray H., Charlie O., David J., Phil G., Rich R., Joe B., Mark R., Larry H., Lee, Cy P., Neal, Quan, Dave S., Richard W., Craig D., Ryan S., Chuck P., Brian M., Jeff M., Jeff S., Scott G., jkrasner, Leon L., Peter U., David G., John W., Bill M., Shannon P., John S., Andy B., Kevin A., Octavio R., Tom P., Doug G., David U., Dave F., Mark Q., David M., Jason C., Brendan B., Matt W., Mike F., Jason S., Rawn H., Steven S., Robert Gu., Darrel M., Martin N., Scott L., Joseph A., Ken M., Anthony S., Tim S., Tim K., Tim Z., Ken C., Mark L., Steve F., Andrew W., John C. T., Tony O., rman44, John S., David G., Turner E., William T., David R., Peter B., Darren D., Eric M., Marc D. P., Ed, Jon C., Joey S., Bob O., John A., Andy H., Tony A., Daryle, Scot R., Rick C., Scott G., Bob T., Kevin S., Johnny S., Ralph, Jay W., Ben Y., Eric A., Ray B., Dave F., Erick S., Jim S., Jon F., Frank L., Ryan D., Rick M., Rob D., Brian V., Christopher H., Iggy, Barry K, Eric B., Mike E., Pete G., ssdawg77, Jay B., Darrin A., David G., Rob A., Joe D., Jeremy J., Patrick P., Bruce K., Jay M.

Sorry if I missed anyone!

Nothing but great deals (1 deal went sour cuz the buyer had financial issues for a few months, but he eventually made good on his promise).

Looking forward for many more smooth transactions! Thanks to the moderator dudes providing such a great community!
Rob
Old 06-16-2012, 01:02 PM
Richard Cline

Add one more to super satisfied with this site, mostly great people and thus far never had a bad experience. The best was meeting many of you at the Net54 dinner in Cleveland a couple years ago, can't make it to Baltimore this year but will have another opportunity hopefully in the future.
RC
Old 06-16-2012, 02:47 PM
J.O.N

My Net54 experience has been far better than I have ever expected. I really look forward to meeting some of you guys when I go to my first show. I think the national this year will be it.

I would like to give a special thanks to Marty. The Maz turned out great!

Jon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5409.jpg (76.6 KB, 336 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5411.jpg (79.0 KB, 337 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5412.jpg (78.7 KB, 341 views)

My PM box might be full.

Email:
jcfowler6@zoominternet.net

Want list:
Prewar Pirates items
1909 Pirates
BF2 Wagner
Cracker Jack Wagner and Clarke

Love the hobby.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:30 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
This is a great board. Ive bought some great stuff, sold stuff, and gained a ton of knowledge. Id say Dave Resale, GNaz, RJackson, Ibuysports ephemera, 39special, ScottGarner and more have stood out for all their buys/sells and just being classy people

And of course SO Many from Richard, Chris Williams and more on knowledge gained.

Thanks to Leon for this wonderful site.
Thanks Scott....always a pleasure working with you.

BIG PLUS 1 TO LEON FOR THE GREAT JOB...THANKS!
Old 06-16-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phikappapsi View Post
I haven't been on the boards very long, and have only made one trade, it was with MacDice and it was 100% top notch.

Not only did we come to an agreement very quickly and reasonably... But we were absolutely able to bolster very specific collections we're working on.

I'm now only 6 cards from finishing a type set I've been working on for almost a decade.
phikappapsi was very easy to work with as well. The few transactions I have done through this board have been smooth as possible. I am mostly just a looker on Net54Baseball as I just can't afford the type of items I want. Unlike eBay, the people on this site are collectors first who want to help other collectors out not dealers trying to maximize revenue. Just as an FYI, Large Ass Herzog will be available for some additional adventures after I am done with him next week, so don't hesitate to have someone step to the plate.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:55 PM

Default It's Been Good For Me

I've had multiple positive transactions with Leon L., Scott B., and Tbob.

I'm very happy with this forum.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Jim R

Last edited by cfc1909; 06-18-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:40 PM
edward broeth

i just got a card from greenmonster66 super fast and a great card!!!

looking for 1952 topps high series commons
Old 06-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Jeff P

I too have had incredibly great transactions with people from Net54. Recently I purchased a card from someone in a personal transaction that I didn't know. I was hesitant to send real $$$$ to this person without some sort of protection but once he revealed he was a long time Net54 members, I easily checked him out and felt comfortable dealing with him directly. Without Net54, this deal probably wouldn't have happened.

My only complaint is that there are members even here who will purchase a card at an auction, mark it up 50%, and try and get someone on Net54 to purchase it at that price within a month. Is that really what we're all about on Net54? Take it fleaBay if you wanna try and flip cards like that. I'm all for someone making a buck but come on people. It's probably my bias but I view Net54 as a community of collectors who actively seek to help each other while still getting a fair price for their collectibles. Am I too naive thinking like this?

jeff
Old 06-18-2012, 05:41 PM
pariah1107

Is complaining about mark-ups really a positive experience? Some people will take any avenue to express grievances on the board, but unfortunately this does happen. However, for every negative post there are a dozen positive stories, shared experiences, and shared interests that add to the depth, and breadth of knowledge of collectors on this site. Many thanks to Leon....
Old 06-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves_resale_shop View Post

Happy Collecting!
-Dave

Thanks Dave, great trade items you bet!! I have had nothing but POSITIVE experiences with the folks I have dealt with on here, and it keeps me coming back for more
Old 06-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Jeff

Been here a long time, bought many a card - even sold a few. NEVER had anything but good experiences.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 06-18-2012, 10:33 PM
Ron Rice

Default Net54

Ditto for me. Extremely positive about this web site and about the net54 members. All transactions have been great. The information learned is very helpful. Leon does a terrific job as moderator.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:43 PM
Marty K.

Default Net 54

I have bought a few but mostly get my "Fix" every night before bed ...would like to meet more of you at the National this year........ Hope many of you will make it.......... Great venue! ......Thanks, Leon for running a good show......
Old 06-19-2012, 06:28 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridwell View Post
Ditto for me. Extremely positive about this web site and about the net54 members. All transactions have been great. The information learned is very helpful. Leon does a terrific job as moderator.
+1
Old 06-19-2012, 07:52 PM
Jim M.arinari

I've learned a TON on the short time I've been on here. The kinship of the hobby that I feel here far exceeds that of most other arenas. Net54 members will always get first crack at anything that I feel may be more appreciated here. By the same token, it is the first place I look when I have some coin to spare! It is also my home page!
Old 06-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Ed McCollum

Default This is what makes Network 54 great ...

I’m posting this in both the June Pick-Ups thread, and the Positive Experiences on net 54 thread, because it applies to both.

Apparently, back on July 23, 2008, I sent an email to Sean (milkit1) asking a question about the back of several cards he had listed on the B/S/T section. He replied less an ten minutes later that none of the cards had the stamp on the back I was looking for.

Fast forward three years, ten months and 26 days, I get another reply on the same email from Sean, saying he had found a card with Howe’s stamp on it if I was still interested. Two days later, #207 in the rebuilt collection arrives in my office.

Photobucket

I think, or hope, that this is what Network 54 is all about. It’s a bunch of adults who all admire little pieces of cardboard with men in short pants and spiked shoes pictured. It shouldn’t be about “how much is this worth?” or “someone told me this, but now someone else says ...”. Its about passion, and sometimes, you find someone who shares your passion, or at least someone who helps you with a fix when your habit needs it.

That said, I’d like to thank Chuck, Frank, Art, Paul S., Martin, Judson, Barry, Cy, Danny, Mark, Brian W., Coach Jeff, Jim M., Tom, Matt, Tony S., James M., Darren, Jim S., Leon, Mike, Andy, Joe D., Mac, Joey, Bob, Quan, Andy, Paul M., Gary, Pete, Thomas S., Greg, Patrick, Frank A., Mike H., Dr. Ed, Brendan, John S., Peter F, Turner, Sean, Trae, Josh, Joe, Erick, Al, Daniel, Matt, Dave, Bobby, Mark, Iggy, Jim R., Pete Z., Tim, Darrin, Dave, David, Jeff and anyone else I’ve accidentally left off the list of Network 54 board members who have sold me cards or pointed me in the direction of cards. Thanks to you all. You’re all what makes the board the positive place that it is.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:29 PM
Clayton

I'll chime in to say that every person I've dealt with on this board (and also friends I've made that I haven't made a "deal" with) have all been awesome- I feel this is the best place on the internet, with a wonderful bunch of people.

Thanks Leon for the board, and thanks to everyone who I've dealt with & corresponded with.

I'd go into names but don't want to forget anyone- you all know who you are

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 06-20-2012, 10:34 PM

I haven't made a buy/sell/trade on here yet, but am looking forward to my first transaction with one of you.

Really enjoying it here.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Ben H*ds@n

Just to add to the comments on this thread. I have had great transactions on this board and have learned a LOT about the hobby! Keep up the good work Leon and moderators!
Old 06-29-2012, 04:40 PM
pariah1107

I made a foolish mistake in shipment this past week. An individual on the board purchased 13 w514's in a trade/sell deal from myself. I sent him the cards agreed upon, but also included a w514 Ty Cobb that I mistakenly placed in the package. I did not notice.

Immediately after receiving the package he email'd me to inform me of my error. Needless to say, I owe this man. Thank you for your honesty Chris. It is nice to meet honest people on an open forum. Ty