NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-18-2013, 08:52 PM
Jon Renaut

Default Submitting to SGC

I have some raw cards I'd like to submit to SGC. This month they're doing a special on cards 1900-present that isn't a great deal on new cards but it's not bad for old stuff. I have mostly T206s and one American Caramel to submit.

My problem is that I don't know how to fill out their form, and they aren't answering their email.

The form has a couple of columns I'm not sure how to fill out
Year - Do I need to find out the specific year, or will they take 1909-11?
Issuing Company - is this the cigarette company, (eg Polar Bear or Piedmont)?
Card# or Designation - T206? What do I put here
Variation or comments - I thought if the back wasn't "Issuing Company" it would go here

Any help is appreciated. And anything to avoid a phone call - actually talking on a phone these days gives me hives...
Old 02-18-2013, 08:56 PM
Hank

Default Sgc

Hope this helps...I have submitted to SGC before and my entire Cincy set to date is graded by SGC

The form has a couple of columns I'm not sure how to fill out

Year - Do I need to find out the specific year, or will they take 1909-11?
They will take 1909-11

Issuing Company - is this the cigarette company, (eg Polar Bear or Piedmont)?
Cigarette Company

Card# or Designation - T206? What do I put here
No need for card # T206 is fine

Variation or comments - I thought if the back wasn't "Issuing Company" it would go here

I would add variation back

I usually use the online form, but you can request a kit and they will mail you submission forms

Last edited by queencitysportscards; 02-18-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:09 PM
Jon Renaut

Thanks for the quick response. So does this look right?

Qty (Per Line)YearIssuing CompanyPlayer NameCard# or DesignationVariation or commentsDeclared Value
11909-11Polar BearConroyT206$33
Old 02-18-2013, 09:38 PM
Hank

You should be fine with that...just keep in mind, when you are sending money TPG's always figure it out! Everything has to be pre-paid and they will call you with any questions. One thing to consider (I always do) is to accept or reject IF they determine the card has been altered or trimmed do you want it to be slabbed in an "A" Authentic holder or not (this is on the form). Make sure you specify.

Good Luck!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:50 PM
Jon Renaut

Thanks for the warning. I'm fine with getting an "A" - This is more for preservation than for hoping to flip high grade cards.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:16 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
Thanks for the warning. I'm fine with getting an "A" - This is more for preservation than for hoping to flip high grade cards.
That is exactly why my E121 cards are graded. It preserves them and they present better.