NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 08-18-2018, 10:22 AM
Arthur
Al Fri.ch

PSA would never put that in their own 10 holder. That would be admitting SGC is just as good as them. I've got a better chance of flapping my jellybag and making it to the moon than that card has of getting into a PSA 10 slab on a crossover.

And I don't think anyone has the cajones to crack and submit raw. Nope, that card is destined to make the AH rounds, changing hands with people that fall in love with the 1-of-1 and think they'll be able to flip it for a profit, only to end up unloading it for (hopefully) what they got it for or a little less, all while reminding everyone that SGC < PSA (in this instance).

If I've seen it once I've seen it a million times.

Arthur

Successful transactions with Burger King, Amazon, Great Cuts, Tacos Villa Corona, TJ Maxx
Old 08-19-2018, 01:46 PM
Ne@l K

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasselhoffsCheeseburger View Post
PSA would never put that in their own 10 holder. That would be admitting SGC is just as good as them. I've got a better chance of flapping my jellybag and making it to the moon than that card has of getting into a PSA 10 slab on a crossover.

And I don't think anyone has the cajones to crack and submit raw. Nope, that card is destined to make the AH rounds, changing hands with people that fall in love with the 1-of-1 and think they'll be able to flip it for a profit, only to end up unloading it for (hopefully) what they got it for or a little less, all while reminding everyone that SGC < PSA (in this instance).

If I've seen it once I've seen it a million times.

Arthur
pretty much that

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others
Old 08-19-2018, 08:39 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I don't think it will hit the reserve.
It sold for $60,000 including the juice. Quite a gap between the last "10" sale.
https://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball-c...Auction-120115

Last edited by irv; 08-19-2018 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:36 AM
Garth Guibord

Here we go again. Interested to see where this auction ends up after the others...

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...gAAOSw8fJbkv6O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuinness View Post
Here we go again. Interested to see where this auction ends up after the others...

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...gAAOSw8fJbkv6O

Link goes to eBay front page for some reason, Garth. I am guessing you were pointing to this PSA 10 offered up by PWCC, ending in a few hours

LINK

I wonder if the small white specks on the scan are from the scanner bed, the holder, or card itself.

hk Wl
Old 09-17-2018, 07:13 PM
Garth Guibord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW View Post
Link goes to eBay front page for some reason, Garth. I am guessing you were pointing to this PSA 10 offered up by PWCC, ending in a few hours

LINK

I wonder if the small white specks on the scan are from the scanner bed, the holder, or card itself.

hk Wl

Thats the one. Thanks for the link!