NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 06-13-2016, 10:43 AM

Default What are the best Mookie Betts,Xander Bogaerts and Jackie Bradley Jr rookie cards?

Hi,there.
I don`t know much about modern rookie cards.
I am just wondering what the best Mookie Betts,Xander Bogaerts and Jackie Bradley Jr rookie cards are?
My 9 year old son and I are big Red Sox fans.
I was looking to surprise my son with his birthday and Christmas coming up with the rookie cards.
I am looking for them for which ones would be the best ones to get for him that might have a chance to go up in value.
I know the common rookie cards are not valuable,and I guess I would be interested in the refactors for him?
You know something I could get certified and hold on to for him.
Thanks in advance. I am clueless about modern cards,but would like to learn.

Last edited by MRSPORTSCARDCOLLECTOR; 06-13-2016 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:37 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Well the kids nowadays love there bowman chrome autographed rookies. It's usually the players first card. It comes in all colors . There doesn't seem to be a lot of love for actual rookie cards anymore. I consider these cards prospects because in some cases the card was issued years before the player ever makes
A pro deput or even gets in a uniform.

Jackie Bradley 2012 bowman chrome auto . He has a few autograph cards before this and I don't think his rookie was until 2013 .

Mookie betts 2014 bowman chrome . This seems more like a true rookie to me . There is no other autograph card before this . That I could find at least.

Bogarts is also 2012 bowman chrome . He also has some before and his rookie looks like 2014 . I hope this helped ! From a big Yankees fan 😜.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:03 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookiemonster View Post
Well the kids nowadays love there bowman chrome autographed rookies. It's usually the players first card. It comes in all colors . There doesn't seem to be a lot of love for actual rookie cards anymore. I consider these cards prospects because in some cases the card was issued years before the player ever makes
A pro deput or even gets in a uniform.

Jackie Bradley 2012 bowman chrome auto . He has a few autograph cards before this and I don't think his rookie was until 2013 .

Mookie betts 2014 bowman chrome . This seems more like a true rookie to me . There is no other autograph card before this . That I could find at least.

Bogarts is also 2012 bowman chrome . He also has some before and his rookie looks like 2014 . I hope this helped ! From a big Yankees fan ��.
Thanks so much.

Last edited by MRSPORTSCARDCOLLECTOR; 12-09-2018 at 05:28 PM.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:58 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Awesome good hunting !
Old 06-13-2016, 06:33 PM
qu@n nguy3n

if you are buying now, you are buying them at the absolute peak! unless bogaerts go on to hit .400 or bradley has a 58 game hitting streak, wait until the offseason.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:06 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
if you are buying now, you are buying them at the absolute peak! unless bogaerts go on to hit .400 or bradley has a 58 game hitting streak, wait until the offseason.
Thanks for the tip!
Old 06-14-2016, 05:03 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

Default Is this Jose Tiejro?

Is this Jose????????
Old 06-15-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7nohitter View Post
Is this Jose????????
No.

Last edited by MRSPORTSCARDCOLLECTOR; 06-16-2016 at 12:03 AM.
Old 06-17-2016, 07:10 PM
Bill Gregory

More than kids love them. I collect them, as well. I have about 200 Bowman Chrome prospect autos, maybe a bit more.

And Bogaerts is nowhere near his peak price. There's a Bowman Chrome refractor auto of his, BGS 9.5/10, for $280 on EBay right now. It's expensive, sure, but it has a lot of upside potential. I haven't looked at the others yet. But Bogaerts has real room for growth. There are ungraded base autos with not a lot of bidding activity. Find one that meets your needs, and you can still get a good deal if you are lucky.

Waiting for the offseason will allow you to get slightly lower prices unless he has a torrid second half. Then, you might not see these prices again.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:21 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Hahah bill I know it's for one and all. I just know the modern is lot of younger collectors . The younger collectors will more likly define the modern era. They will also collect a bit longer then me.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
I guess buying them right now is the peak, as all three are starting the 2016 All-Star Game!
Old 08-10-2016, 04:38 PM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASEBALLCARDGURU View Post
Hi,there.
I don`t know much about modern rookie cards.
I am just wondering what the best Mookie Betts,Xander Bogaerts and Jackie Bradley Jr rookie cards are?
My 9 year old son and I are big Red Sox fans.
I was looking to surprise my son with his birthday and Christmas coming up with the rookie cards.
I am looking for them for which ones would be the best ones to get for him that might have a chance to go up in value.
I know the common rookie cards are not valuable,and I guess I would be interested in the refactors for him?
You know something I could get certified and hold on to for him.
Thanks in advance. I am clueless about modern cards,but would like to learn.
From a monetary standpoint, the best ones are those that are bought once they enter into their mid to late '30's down slide--that way, the speculative and transient demand has dissipated, you know what the player's career impact has been, and if he beats the odds and has done very well, you will have a card that won't degenerate into a common. However, if you want to gamble on a present now, stick with the card with the lowest production you can afford.

Best of luck in your phenom prospecting,

Larry

Last edited by ls7plus; 08-10-2016 at 04:39 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 05:27 PM

I am glad to see Mookie Betts was a good pick.
Old 12-17-2018, 04:49 PM
Larry

A bit off topic, but when are the Red Sox going to finish game 4 of the LCS in Houston??? Alteuve's ball was clearly beyond the plane arising from the top of the fence in right and into the first (and possibly would have landed in the second) row. There is no such thing as fan interference with regard to a ball beyond the field of play. That homer would have resulted in an 8 to 8 tie after nine. While Betts and Cora babbled loudly about the fan closing Betts' glove, and indeed he did so BEYOND THE FIELD OF PLAY, so what? The fan had as much right to the ball as Betts did in the area of the stadium in which that occurred.

And no, I'm not a Red Sox hater. I was actually rooting for them and believe they would have beaten Houston anyway. The missed call on the Alteuve ball simply cheapened their World Series appearance and victory. Good thing the Yankees will relegate them to second place next year!

Well, this one should be controversial and add a little color,

Best wishes,

Larry

Last edited by ls7plus; 12-17-2018 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:15 AM
St3phen M@rchillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls7plus View Post

I'm not a Red Sox hater.
cheapened their World Series appearance and victory.
Good thing the Yankees will relegate them to second place next year!

Best wishes,

Larry
If you don’t hate the Sox why is it a good thing they will be “relegated” to second place?

How did it cheapen their WS? No one I know feels that way and I live in the hotbed of Sox and Yankees fans. Yankees fans who like to discredit the Sox say how good this team was. The Sox fans really like this team. It’s hard not to.

Why is this coming up in the middle of December? Lol. It’s over. They dominated the playoffs and WS. Better luck to your team next year.

There was a phantom roughing the passer call against the 1976 NE Patriots that probably cost them a trip to the SB. Does this cheapen the Raiders SB victory? Never too late to discuss.

Last edited by Marchillo; 12-18-2018 at 05:19 AM.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:35 PM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchillo View Post
If you don’t hate the Sox why is it a good thing they will be “relegated” to second place?

How did it cheapen their WS? No one I know feels that way and I live in the hotbed of Sox and Yankees fans. Yankees fans who like to discredit the Sox say how good this team was. The Sox fans really like this team. It’s hard not to.

Why is this coming up in the middle of December? Lol. It’s over. They dominated the playoffs and WS. Better luck to your team next year.

There was a phantom roughing the passer call against the 1976 NE Patriots that probably cost them a trip to the SB. Does this cheapen the Raiders SB victory? Never too late to discuss.
See? I knew it would generate some controversy!

Best wishes,

Larry
Old 12-18-2018, 05:47 PM
Peter Spaeth

I'm still pissed that Michigan lost the Rose Bowl when Charles White scored a "touchdown" despite fumbling at the 2 yard line.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 12-20-2018, 06:29 PM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I'm still pissed that Michigan lost the Rose Bowl when Charles White scored a "touchdown" despite fumbling at the 2 yard line.
There you go, Pete!

Best wishes,

Larry