NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 10-06-2018, 07:27 AM
Brock

Default Babe Ruth Sheet Music ???

This Ruth sheet music always raises suspicion as it seems to turn up far more often and in too nice of condition than it should. Well here are 25 mint examples all together. The pins I always assumed were phony but never really knew about the sheet music. Was there a "find" of these at some point and these are possibly legit? Repops of an authentic period sheet music? Or an outright fantasy piece that seems all too common for Ruth items?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1928-Babe-R...53.m1438.l2649
Old 10-06-2018, 07:41 AM
G@ry Cier@dkowski

Every large city had one or two of those old sheet music stores with tons of inventory dating back to the turn of the century. Because they are so easy to store and don't take up much room, the old stock gets buried beneath the new stock and sometimes gets inadvertently preserved in great condition.

When these places closed down either someone smart goes through the thousands of sheets and sells them on eBay, or the old stock is tossed in the trash - there was one old place in Chicago where i was able to snag some great mint old early 1900s pieces when I spied some overflowing dumpsters.

I guess you could face these things, but why sell them in a bulk like that? You think the person would let a set go one or two at a time. If they are real I bet they came from the dead stock of some forgotten music store.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:48 AM
Banned

to add: this piece of sheet music has always been among the most common of baseball sheet music from that era. in the 1980s you could pick up the sheet music and pin together for around $25. it's not surprising that there might have been a small find of that many copies
Old 10-06-2018, 12:14 PM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 View Post
to add: this piece of sheet music has always been among the most common of baseball sheet music from that era. in the 1980s you could pick up the sheet music and pin together for around $25. it's not surprising that there might have been a small find of that many copies
Seems a bit more likely to me that these were being made in the 1980s rather than found perfectly preserved from the 20s
Old 10-07-2018, 04:43 AM
H Murphy

Default Sheet Music

The above mentioned does seem like the Ruth sheet music seen the most often. Was able to pick up this enclosed version of Babe sheet music from a fellow 54`er a while ago. Really like it because it depicts Babe in his Sox uniform and in the early stages of his mighty swing.
https://flic.kr/p/WUKVb3