NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Jim Crandell

Default Two T206 Pop 1s(with none higher): PSA 8 Cy Barger and PSA 8.5 "Dode" Paskert

Pop 1s among vintage cards are rare--especially for a set as popular as T206. I have traded away a few of my pop 1 and pop 2 T206s to allow me to complete the 1933 Goudey Sport Kings Set and once when someone offered me several thousand for one but I still have a few left.

Up on my blog today I posted pictures of T206s Cy Barger a pop 1 in PSA 8 with none higher and Dode "Honey Boy" Paskert a pop 1 8.5 that was bumped in a recent submission to PSA.

Eros Bolivar "Cy" Barger was a pitcher with the New York Highlanders of the American League from 1906-07 and the Brooklyn Superbas and Dodgers from 1910-1912. He also played first, short and the outfield. His career record was 46W-63L and his bating average .227.

George "Dode" or "Honey Boy" Paskert was an outfielder who played with the Phillies, Reds and Cubs from 1907-1921. His career ba was .268. He had 293 stolen bases and was a leader in walks. He was also one of the best defensive outfielders of his era.

Paskert was a hero who rescued 3 families from a fire in 1921, making 3 trips up a burning stairwell carrying out 5 children and suffering huge burns in the process. He loved the game and played until age 46 in the minors.

For scans please see http://musicandsportscard.blogspot.com

Jim
Old 01-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Jim -- "On the Wings of Love" better than "Strawberry Fields Forever" AND "Brown Sugar" AND "Like a Rolling Stone?" What kind of crack are you smoking over there?!
Old 01-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Eric Shaeffer

Beautiful cards Jim, thanx for the little writeups...cool story about Paskert.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Jim Crandell

Jeff,

You'll really be bummed out when you see just one song by the Clash on my top 1,230.

Ease,

Thanks--I love my pop 1s.

Jim
Old 01-17-2011, 05:49 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Jim, you just ruined my day--and it's not yet 8 am.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Pop 1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davalillo View Post
Jeff,

Thanks--I love my pop 1s.

Jim
Jim, I am sure you love your PSA Pop 1's as much as anyone. Just think if you had some cards that were uniquely known? They would be real (known) total population of 1, cards in the entire hobby, regardless of grade. That would be really cool too. I think you might even find it more exciting to know you are the only person on earth with a particular card, regardless of the plastic that surrounds it. It's some cool stuff.....and again, I find nothing wrong whatsoever with you collecting the way you do, just as folks shouldn't mind the way anyone collects. Just a friendly suggestion from one passionate collector to another...And here is a uniquely known card in the entire hobby for your perusal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pt231.jpg (73.2 KB, 128 views)

Last edited by Leon; 01-17-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Jim Crandell

Leon,

I couldn't agree more. Having the only card made is cool. Would make an interesting complement to my collection.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default since all I do...

Hey Jim
Since all I do is pre-war, maybe you can find one of your pre-war PSA 8's and then find some other same card, but one with an anomaly to it? I hear there is a proof T206 coming up in an auction soon, if you had the corresponding PSA8 to go with that card, it would be pretty cool. Or there are a thousand really neat printing errors you might find to go with any one of your 8's. Just something to think about...I know a lot of us have ancillary pieces to our cards in our collection...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pf50yeunglingsharrismiscut.jpg (75.4 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg pdunc1928greinersbread.jpg (80.8 KB, 107 views)
Old 01-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Paul

Default High Grade Autographed T206s

Collecting autographed T206s is one way to make an ordinary T206 collection unique. It has greatly enhanced my appreciation for these beautiful little cards. I doubt there are any signed T206s any higher grade than this one existence - but I could be wrong since I don't think anyone other than me tracks it....

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 01-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Jim Crandell

Thanks Leon--good ideas.